New in many ways.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LaraRose

Oct 6, 2019
Dear friends,

I'm new born - still in transition - touched by the flame of Holy Spirit a few years ago. Since this encounter my life has been one of isolation & contemplation. I have tried to find belonging in local churches, however it seems to me I do not yet quite fit among the people & their ways.

I identify as a Mystic Christian.

Prior to this path I was @ the peak of my career as a 'shamanic practitioner'. A life shattering event in this arena brought me to my knees, & after many days & nights of destitute darkness, where prayer & tears had formed a lake which surrounded me, I was saved by the Love of Yeshua. Since this blessing I've been in major transformation. Four years on, & Im still 'being corrected', via a process of humility & Grace.

I would love to meet open minded others, who are willing to discuss Original Christianity, mystical experiences, the once 'lost' Gospels, & other aspects of the divine which are considered radical by many - though I believe otherwise.

I live on the land, in the rainforest of Australia, & wonder if perhaps there are others who are drawn as I am to 'chop wood, & carry water' as a form of devotion.

Bless,
Lara X

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Greetings Lara,
Your introduction is most interesting. You live in the rainforest of Australia. That must be on the Cape York Peninsula. I have found people in the Outback and the rainforest so different but still very pleasant and interesting. I was at one time somewhat familiar with Musgrave Sheep Station on the Cape. We did, however, make it to Bamaga at the top. Australia is such a beautiful country.

Lara, you will find many open minded people here at Christian Chat. This is the Introductions Forum. You may want to go to the Miscellaneous Form and start your own thread: you are likely to get more responses that way. Post a short summary about your subject and a question or two in order to interest others to interact with you. You will find many varying personalities and interests here at CC. We certainly can learn much from one another.

We are glad that you have joined us and hope you find many friends and good fellowship here. Welcome!:)

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Laura Rose,
Welcome to C.Chat! I pray of the Holy Spirit lead you here, he will bless you with enlightenment, love , encouragement and friends to bless your way and time.🙂

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Laura Rose,
Welcome to C.Chat! I pray of the Holy Spirit lead you here, he will bless you with enlightenment, love , encouragement and friends to bless your way and time.🙂
Sorry, just realized I misspelled your name, my apologizes Lara Rose

T

tasha66

Hey Lara, I'm from Down Under in the Sunshine State - you know which one that is! Are you in the Hinterland or up north - NT or Cairns way I'm guessing.
I don't know what a 'mystic Christian' means - what is that?
Great to have you on here!
Cheers! :)

LaraRose

Oct 6, 2019
Greetings Lara,
Your introduction is most interesting. You live in the rainforest of Australia. That must be on the Cape York Peninsula. I have found people in the Outback and the rainforest so different but still very pleasant and interesting. I was at one time somewhat familiar with Musgrave Sheep Station on the Cape. We did, however, make it to Bamaga at the top. Australia is such a beautiful country.

Lara, you will find many open minded people here at Christian Chat. This is the Introductions Forum. You may want to go to the Miscellaneous Form and start your own thread: you are likely to get more responses that way. Post a short summary about your subject and a question or two in order to interest others to interact with you. You will find many varying personalities and interests here at CC. We certainly can learn much from one another.

We are glad that you have joined us and hope you find many friends and good fellowship here. Welcome!:)
Thank you for your warm welcome, Isny.

It seems you have visited areas of Australia I'm yet to see (despite my 45 yrs & travel experience). I actually live further south than the Cape - in the east coast Hinterlands outside Byron Bay - northern NSW. The area is known as Huonbrook. Beautiful country. While the rest of Australia seems to be getting drier by the minute, we still have flowing streams & enough fruit to feed the wandering birds.

I appreciate your suggestion regarding starting a new thread. I felt to put out my feelers here, to see how welcome I may actually be, & in time will do as you have advised. Being reassured that there are many open minds here, & a willingness to learn from one another is both comforting & inspiring.

Lara
X

LaraRose

Oct 6, 2019
Hey Lara, I'm from Down Under in the Sunshine State - you know which one that is! Are you in the Hinterland or up north - NT or Cairns way I'm guessing.
I don't know what a 'mystic Christian' means - what is that?
Great to have you on here!
Cheers! :)
Yay - a fellow Aussie! Im in the hinterlands, near Byron Bay, behind Mullumbimby. Did you melt today? It was over 30 here, with no breeze for most of the day.

Thnx for your question about what a Mystic Christian is. Thats actually not such an easy question for me to answer directly, as much as it ought to be. I think perhaps I will start my first thread on this topic, & see if by writing about this path, I will gain clarity on how to explain myself.

In simple terms - I came to Christ through a mystical internal process, rather than an external one such as family, community or church.

Teachings that helped to explain my experience include insight from a man named Ted Nottingham, whom I came across via online searching. Ted lead me to study the Desert Fathers & Mothers, as well as other teachers from the early years. He introduced me to the term Mystic Christian when I wrote to him asking about my concerns regarding christianity as I knew it, & he also encouraged me to study the fourth way, which are inner disciplines of awakening made known by Gurdjieff.

My background in shamanism, as well as childhood visions, & of course my own encounter with the Lord, have me currently most comfortable with this term. Will be sure to let you know when I start that thread.

X

T

tasha66

Hi thanx for the explanation!
I don't know what shamanism is but it sounds a bit scary to me! Is that part of Christ's/God's teachings? I'm not a Bible expert by any means.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't know what shamanism is but it sounds a bit scary to me! Is that part of Christ's/God's teachings? I'm not a Bible expert by any means.
No it is not, at least, not in any positive manner, and Lara will likely receive quite a bit of opposition to any presentation of it.

LaraRose

Oct 6, 2019
Fair enough. I don't recommend it, & am not here for that reason. Is it part of God's teachings? Certainly not in any modern interpretations .. most Christians would likely say its of the Devil & leads to the road of deception.

LaraRose

Oct 6, 2019
No it is not, at least, not in any positive manner, and Lara will likely receive quite a bit of opposition to any presentation of it.
I already sense opposition & judgement in your comment, tasha66. Im not here to push shamanism, so don't worry.

T

tasha66

Not judging - I've only just met you! Just have never heard of shamanism.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
welcome sister and many blessings <3

LaraRose

Oct 6, 2019
Not judging - I've only just met you! Just have never heard of shamanism.
I'm so sorry Tasha .. I was hot headed for a moment there, & didn't read correctly! My sincerest apologies.

That comment regarding feeling judged was written for 'senior member' Magenta.

I have encountered many opinionated Christians who make a person like me feel unwelcome .. & Magenta's comment was enough for me to consider that this may not be the community for me.

Again - Im truly sorry for getting the name wrong, & also sorry for being so reactive.

T

tasha66

I'm so sorry Tasha .. I was hot headed for a moment there, & didn't read correctly! My sincerest apologies.

I have encountered many opinionated Christians who make a person like me feel unwelcome .. & Magenta's comment was enough for me to consider that this may not be the community for me.

Again - Im truly sorry for getting the name wrong, & also sorry for being so reactive.
No probs. And don't let one person put you off - you get judgement everywhere. You should see some of the stuff I've posted - I'm suprised I haven't been kicked off yet! =0

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I already sense opposition & judgement in your comment, tasha66. Im not here to push shamanism, so don't worry.

It was simply fair warning. I come from a similar background, so you have misjudged me. Funny, huh?

G

Godsgirl83

Hello LaraRose.
Welcome to CC!
Thank you for reaching out and sharing a little about yourself.
Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

There are a lot of different opinions here, sometimes things can get heated and sometimes things can feel like judgment or attacks.....
it's really hard sometimes to REALLY know what tone a person is using when they type.
I've been here for a little while, but have come to know Magenta a little. I don't think her comment

was said or meant in a judgmental way. She knows MANY users here AND how people react to situations. It was simply an FYI.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and to see you around the forums:)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Dear friends,

I'm new born - still in transition - touched by the flame of Holy Spirit a few years ago. Since this encounter my life has been one of isolation & contemplation. I have tried to find belonging in local churches, however it seems to me I do not yet quite fit among the people & their ways.

I identify as a Mystic Christian.

Prior to this path I was @ the peak of my career as a 'shamanic practitioner'. A life shattering event in this arena brought me to my knees, & after many days & nights of destitute darkness, where prayer & tears had formed a lake which surrounded me, I was saved by the Love of Yeshua. Since this blessing I've been in major transformation. Four years on, & Im still 'being corrected', via a process of humility & Grace.

I would love to meet open minded others, who are willing to discuss Original Christianity, mystical experiences, the once 'lost' Gospels, & other aspects of the divine which are considered radical by many - though I believe otherwise.

I live on the land, in the rainforest of Australia, & wonder if perhaps there are others who are drawn as I am to 'chop wood, & carry water' as a form of devotion.

Bless,
Lara X
Hello and welcome to CC, sister Lara. A big influx of new members from Australia recently.

It is good to meet someone who is so interested in spiritual things in a world so full of professing atheist. If you have found Jesus and yielded fully to Him, then you are on the right path. It gets sweeter and sweeter as the days go by. God bless you and Godspeed:)