New King James Version Comparison Alert

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2009
Acts 1:6-8

"When they were therefore come together, they asked of Him, saying "Lord, wilt though restore the kingdom to Israel?" And He said unto them "It is not for you to know the times and the seasons, which the Father hath put in His own power. But ye shall recieve power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all of Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

Right, here Jesus is commanding His Apostles, just before He is taking up to heaven and they inquire about the kingdom and whether it will be restored to Israel, the children of Israel were to be the beginning of God's kingdom on earth, a literal and tangible place - Exodus 19:56, Deut. 10:15. A holy nation unto God with a physical presence on earth, Israel was to be the kingdom of God on earth and God was there in His Holy temple. But Isarel rebelled, they sinned in the sight of the Lord, they disobeyed His commandments and broke covenant, so God divorced them and cast them to their enemies and cut them off from Him.

So here at the start of Acts of the Apostles, the Apostles are asking Him whether the kingdom is going to be returned to them, are they going to have a kingdom with God dwelling in their midst again. But Israel were never going to attain the kingdom of God, they were but a shadow of things to come, they were a template, an example, just like the blood of bulls, neccessary at the time to satisfy God, but not what He actually means by a blood sacrifice, the kingdom og Israel was not what God really wanted, that is to come, the real kingdom is to come...Read what Jesus says in regards to the kingdom when His Apostles ask Him, these are His chosen Apostles and He dismisses them straight away and says 'it's not for you to know' He dosen't say the 'kingdom is inside of you' and 'the kingdom is inside of me and you and everyone'! He says 'not for you to know that!' You as My Apostles shall recieve power and the Holy Ghost and you will be a witness unto Me, that's what Jesus says, there won't be NO kingdom of God until He the Lord returns with His kingdom, diciples recieve power and the Holy Ghost but not the kingdom.
sir take it by our own addmittance you either don't know much bible or either you are guilty of only preaching the parts you want to preach, but if what you want to preach goes against scriptures then that would make you a false teacher, Irsael was not cut off for their down fall but that we the gentiles might be grafted in, they will be restored, I will give you some scriptures out of romans 11 you can study the rest of the chapter yourselfIf Isreal is not reatored you just condemned a whole nation, sir that is not your call, I would tremble before anAlmighty God if I were in your shoes sir.

Ro 11:1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.Ro 11:2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Ro 11:25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.Ro 11:26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:Ro 11:27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
if there was no Kingdom of Israel to be in the Future why was Jesus called the King of the Jews, King of kings, your own reference verses in act1:6-8 you have added to in your teachings For it says that they are not to know when the kingdom of Israel will be restored not that it wasn't ever going to be restored.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Irsael was not cut off for their down fall but that we the gentiles might be grafted in, they will be restored,
Do you know much about 'Grafting'? The stock and scion must be compatible, only plants that are closely related form a graft union, grafting is not a means of developing a new variety. Plants of different families cannot be grafted successfully, for a successful graft to be achieved the stock and scion need to be of the same genus. Do you know what the Latin word 'genus' means? genus - "decent, family, type, gender" genus is where the English word gentile comes from, it means of a like kind, belonging to the same class or clan, family.

Ro 11:1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.Ro 11:2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Ro 11:25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.Ro 11:26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:Ro 11:27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Yes, this has been done, God has saved and is saving His people- Israel, they are now Christians; Hebrews 8:8-12, Jeremiah 31:31-38.

if there was no Kingdom of Israel to be in the Future why was Jesus called the King of the Jews,

By who? Pilate! John 18:33-38 "So Pilate went back inside the Praetorium and called Jesus, saying "Then you are King of the Jews?" Jesus replied "Are you saying this of your own accord, or did other people tell you about me?" "Am I a Jew?" said Pilate. "Your own nation and high priests have handed you over to me, What have you done?" Jesus replied "My realm does not belong to this world; if my realm did belong to this world my men would have fought to prevent me being handed over to the Jews. No my realm lies elsewhere"

Is there something you don't understand about this Pastor? Can you not hear the voice of the Lord? What does He say? Why do you take Pilate's word over the Lord's, and who told Pilate that was Jesus' question as well.

King of kings, your own reference verses in act1:6-8 you have added to in your teachings For it says that they are not to know when the kingdom of Israel will be restored not that it wasn't ever going to be restored.

They were Apostles, Christians of the House of Judah, charged by the Lord to find the lost sheep of Israel who were to find grace in the wilderness - they are now christians, the 10 Tribes were in Europe and Asia and the Isles between the sea they are known as the "Gentiles" of gentle birth, high and noble of the Royal House of Israel who God is in covenant with Hebrew 8:8-12. The Kingdom will be restored when Jesus returns and no man knows the time.

Jan 8, 2009
Right, here Jesus is commanding His Apostles, just before He is taking up to heaven and they inquire about the kingdom and whether it will be restored to Israel, the children of Israel were to be the beginning of God's kingdom on earth, a literal and tangible place - Exodus 19:56, Deut. 10:15. A holy nation unto God with a physical presence on earth, Israel was to be the kingdom of God on earth and God was there in His Holy temple. But Isarel rebelled, they sinned in the sight of the Lord, they disobeyed His commandments and broke covenant, so God divorced them and cast them to their enemies and cut them off from Him.

So here at the start of Acts of the Apostles, the Apostles are asking Him whether the kingdom is going to be returned to them, are they going to have a kingdom with God dwelling in their midst again. But Israel were never going to attain the kingdom of God, they were but a shadow of things to come, they were a template, an example, just like the blood of bulls, neccessary at the time to satisfy God, but not what He actually means by a blood sacrifice, the kingdom og Israel was not what God really wanted, that is to come, the real kingdom is to come...Read what Jesus says in regards to the kingdom when His Apostles ask Him, these are His chosen Apostles and He dismisses them straight away and says 'it's not for you to know' He dosen't say the 'kingdom is inside of you' and 'the kingdom is inside of me and you and everyone'! He says 'not for you to know that!' You as My Apostles shall recieve power and the Holy Ghost and you will be a witness unto Me, that's what Jesus says, there won't be NO kingdom of God until He the Lord returns with His kingdom, diciples recieve power and the Holy Ghost but not the kingdom.
Ok that makes sense. Of course, God's kingdom as you described, cannot live within a person, neither can all the prophets, abraham etc. Maybe the confusion is over the terminology. The kingdom of God can refer to a lot of things, and the KJV probably doesn't do it justice. "kingdom of God" can simply mean, the Lordship or Kingship of God over a person's life. When we say, the kingdom of God is within a person, it means God is within that person and He resides over that person's life. It's probably the wrong terminology to use according to scripture. It should properly be said , "the kingship of God is within us", rather than "the kingdom of God is within us".

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Ok that makes sense. Of course, God's kingdom as you described, cannot live within a person, neither can all the prophets, abraham etc. Maybe the confusion is over the terminology. The kingdom of God can refer to a lot of things, and the KJV probably doesn't do it justice. "kingdom of God" can simply mean, the Lordship or Kingship of God over a person's life. When we say, the kingdom of God is within a person, it means God is within that person and He resides over that person's life. It's probably the wrong terminology to use according to scripture. It should properly be said , "the kingship of God is within us", rather than "the kingdom of God is within us".
What we need to trust in is exactly what Jesus said in Luke 17:21, the translation from original Greek is "On being asked by the Pharisees when the Reign of God was coming, he answered them, "The Reign of God is not coming as you hope to catch sight of it; no one will say, 'Here it is' or 'There it is,' for the reign of God is now in your midst."
Jesus is clearly referring to Himself as 'the kingdom of God'!the kingdom or the Realm of God is not of this world and flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom. According to Scripture it is wrong to say that the kingdom of God is within you. The KJV is 98% truth mixed with 2% deadly posion from the pit of hell. Satan is not going to mistranslate every word, then it would be obvious, he is crafty and subtle and he hides in the place where no one would expect him to be, when he corrupts a Bible version he corrupts 2% of it and leaves 98% truth.

B

Baruch

What we need to trust in is exactly what Jesus said in Luke 17:21, the translation from original Greek is "On being asked by the Pharisees when the Reign of God was coming, he answered them, "The Reign of God is not coming as you hope to catch sight of it; no one will say, 'Here it is' or 'There it is,' for the reign of God is now in your midst."
Jesus is clearly referring to Himself as 'the kingdom of God'!the kingdom or the Realm of God is not of this world and flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom. According to Scripture it is wrong to say that the kingdom of God is within you. The KJV is 98% truth mixed with 2% deadly posion from the pit of hell. Satan is not going to mistranslate every word, then it would be obvious, he is crafty and subtle and he hides in the place where no one would expect him to be, when he corrupts a Bible version he corrupts 2% of it and leaves 98% truth.
Jesus is giving an answer to a future event in that the Kingdom of God will be within them because of what He was going to do to accomplish that in their eyes, and what He has done in our eyes.

Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

By His grace, I hope by now you will see your oversight.

He did the same thing with the Samaritan woman.

John 4:19The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 25The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

I see no error. I understand His words fine by His grace. I thank Jesus for that.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Jesus is giving an answer to a future event in that the Kingdom of God will be within them because of what He was going to do to accomplish that in their eyes, and what He has done in our eyes.

Luke 17:20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

By His grace, I hope by now you will see your oversight.

He did the same thing with the Samaritan woman.

John 4:19The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 25The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

I see no error. I understand His words fine by His grace. I thank Jesus for that.

No there is not an oversight on my part, if you read what I have wriiten again you can see I have already answered your queries with the appropriate Scripture, I don't want to keep on repeating myself but contrary to the KJV, Jesus in fact says that He is the Kingdom of God in the present tense refering to Himself being in the midst of the unbelieving Pharisees, in no way did Jesus say that His kingdom is within the Pharisees, that is false and a lie and I hope that by His grace you will be able to understand this and come to the truth.

B

Baruch

What's the best version (s) then Cup of Ruin I might go buy one add it to my collection. I agree I think this verse saying within iswrong, how can the kingdom of God be within the pharisees, unless it is within every unbeliever. Unless these pharisees were good Jews, maybe the kingdom was inside them, do we know that these pharisees were Jesus's enemies ?
Since Cup of Ruin doesn't like to repeat himself. mayhap God will permit you to receive this edification.

Jesus was not saying that the Kingdom of God was within the Pharisees. He was answering the question of what believers will say in the future by testifying not "when" the Kingdom of Heaven will come but HOW. Through Jesus Christ the Lord.

B

Baruch

Heb 10:14 Whereas the Levitical Priesthood offfered daily sacrifices that were ineffectual in remitting sin [v. 11], Jesus offered a single sacrifice which won him a permanent place at God's right hand. There he has only to wait the final outcome of his work [v. 12]. Thus he has brought into being in his own person the new covenant prophesized by Jeremiah which has rendered meaningless all other offerings for sin [vv. 14-18].
Hebrews 10:14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Seems pretty clear to me what Christ has done. This is more to His glory than what you are testifying of. Indeed, if justiification was ongoing... how then can we be witnesses of the Good News?

Hebrews 4:1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

1 Cor 1:18 From the allusions to wisdom [v. 17] and the wise [v. 19], it seems the Christians mentioned in v. 12 were attempting unsuccessfully to align their faith with the philosophies of the current time. Paul points out that the Christian message of redemption through the crucifixion of Christ [v. 17] lies outside the ken of philosophical speculation. It is God, not man, who controls human destinyh beyond this life.
And yet the Roman Catholic Church would declare otherwise.

2 Cor 2:15 Paul wishes to convince the Corinthians that his actions towards them were motivated not by selfish reasons, but by genuine apostolic concern. This leads him to reflections on the apostolic office: his effectiveness as an apostle derives from Christ [vv.14-17]; his achievements are supported by the Holy Spirit; his qualifications as an Apostle are a gift of God; and his ministry of the justifying power of God is superior to the Mosaic Covenant. Paul knows his work is to result in the permanent presence of Christ among men through the power of the Holy Spirit [vv. 13-18].
Of which is opposing the RCC that are enslaving the believers to the works within: catholicism.

Here are some verses from a Christian bible that show Justification is an on-going process, not a one-time event of faith:

2 Cor. 4:16 - though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed "every day." This not only proves that justification is internal (not legal and external), but that it is also ongoing (it's not a one-time event of accepting Jesus as personal Lord and Savior). Our inner nature is being renewed every day as we persevere in faith, hope and love.v
It is not justification it is referring to here, but His workmanship.

Philippians 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: ....

And yet as we trust Him, so should you trust Him to expose catholicism as labouring in unbelief through the scriptures.

Philippians 1:9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Ephesians 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Thus the RCC has no part in claiming any work as ttheirs to administer because Jesus Christ is able to minister to us through the Holy Spirit in us. That is why He is the Good Shepherd and the Holy Spirit is the Comforter. The RCC was never intended to come between us and Jesus for that is the description of a thief according to His own words.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber....7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

May the Lord deliever you from the RCC for if there ever was a " The Church", then all God haad to say to the seven churches in Revelation was abide in the RCC, but He did not.

It is by abiding in Jesus that we are a part of His Church, the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 5:23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

If you had still any doubts as to whethor or not there is a go between you and Jesus, then read that verse below.

1 Corinthians 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Timothy 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Time to narrow the way back to the straight gate, brother, because there are just way too many doors offered by the RCC in coming to God when there is only One Door and His name is Jesus Christ. May the Lord help you to do that before judgment falls on the House of God at the rapture event.

B

Buddee

Heb 10:14
For by one offering - By offering himself once on the cross. The Jewish priest offered his sacrifices often, and still they did not avail to put away sin; the Saviour made one sacrifice, and it was sufficient for the sins of the world.
He hath perfected forever - He hath laid the foundation of the eternal perfection. The offering is of such a character that it secures their final freedom from sin, and will make them forever holy. It cannot mean that those for whom he died are made at once perfectly holy, for that is not true; but the idea is, that the offering was complete, and did not need to be repeated; and that it was of such a nature as entirely to remove the penalty due to sin, and to lay the foundation for their final and eternal holiness. The offerings made under the Jewish Law were so defective that there was a necessity for repeating them every day; the offering made by the Saviour was so perfect that it needed not to be repeated, and that it secured the complete and final salvation of those who availed themselves of it.
Them that are sanctified - Those who are made holy by that offering. It does not mean that they are as yet "wholly" sanctified, but that they have been brought under the influence of that gospel which sanctifies and saves; see Heb_2:11; Heb_9:14. The doctrine taught in this verse is, that all those who are in any measure sanctified will be perfected forever. It is not a temporary work which has been begun in their souls, but one which is designed to be carried forward to perfection. In the atonement made by the Redeemer there is the foundation laid for their eternal perfection, and it was with reference to that, that it was offered. Respecting this work and the consequences of it, we may remark, that there is:
(1) perfection in its nature, it being of such a character that it needs not to be repeated;
(2) there is perfection in regard to the pardon of sin - all past sins being forgiven to those who embrace it, and being forever forgiven; and
(3) there is to be absolute perfection for them forever.
They will be made perfect at some future period, and when that shall take place it will be to continue forever and ever.

Which is exactly what those other "evil versions" are saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.