New to CC.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

katiejg

Hello
My name is Katelyn. I'm new too CC. I'm looking for some guidance maybe some kind words. About a month ago my husband and I separated, we've been married for going on 2 years and together for over 8. He decided that despite loving me, he was finding it hard to continue committing himself. He thinks that I deserve to have a better life than what he can commit too and what he thinks he could give me. We both were faithful. We did fight a bit, it also seemed like a lot of things were stacked up against us couldn't find Steady work, no money, living with his parents, just a lot of pressure. But at no point did I ever want us to give up. Before we got married, divorce was never an option. But all that changed! For me some days I feel like I've lost my whole future. Seems like the end of the world, even though I know that's not true. I'm 26 and he is 31. And we've been together since I was 18. I knew when we got together we totally different people kind of Polar Opposites but we could always find something we liked together. I'm just at a loss. Sorry to ramble still processing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Katie. Sometimes the depth of such losses take quite a while to process,
as you say. It sounds like you have just lost a big part of your reason for living,
and are in need of a place of refuge and comfort. I hope the love of our Lord
helps to make the next phase of your life more than just tolerable. Perhaps your
husband will recognize the error of his desire to separate. Whatever he decides to do,
it does not seem practical to wait for his next move when you need to be looking after
yourself. I hope you are able to build up a network of friends and support to see you
through, regardless of what the future brings. Welcome to CC :)

welcome.gif

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Welcome to CC. Feel free to start a thread in the Family forum. There are many other stories like yours in there. This forum is mainly for introducing yourself..

Nov 14, 2016
Let' s believe God will put your marriage back together------God hates divorce----sometimes our feelings get messed up----hang in there...

Jul 2, 2016
Welcome here. I'm new too. Sorry for your troubles. I'm the last person you'd want relationship advice from, but I will say life is short and precious. I hope things work out for your marriage.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You are not alone in this type of situation as there are a few others on this site with serious marital issues. It sounds as if your husband is having a hard time with the responsibility of being a husband. Hopefully, there will be reconciliation but if not I pray that God will guide your path. It's definitely not the end of the world. Glad to have you as a member of our family. Welcome to CC.

Lucinda13

Banned Verified Fraud
Dec 7, 2013
I'm sorry about what happened. my mom is a single mom. if you would like a christian friend I'm at [email protected]. my name is Lucy.

Oct 19, 2016
Welcome to CC, Katelyn!
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation, girl. My heart ached as I read your post, and I wish I could give you a hug. I know how devastating it can be for you. I just said a prayer for you and I hope that God will provide the comfort and help you need at this time. Have you ever considered talking with a counselor? Do you think that's something that might be helpful for you personally? A good counselor might be able to give you some solid guidance. I know your situation may seem impossible right now, but I do believe there is hope for a bright future. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

Ahoir

Jul 20, 2016
I'm Praying for you and your family:)

S

ShaSha175

Hi all.. Sha Sha here... saying hi to all... am new here... From Singapore.. 46...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Welcome katie, welcome also shasha.

I

In_His_hands

Welcome kaitlyn. I'm new here also . I've never been married but I've got two ears, lol or eyes rather, if you just need to talk. I hope it gets better.