New to chat and new Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Newhazel

Hi, I became a Christian on the 3rd of June this year and have been looking for support groups. I am married with 3 teenager sons. My husband is athiest, my eldest son is bordering satanism and my other two havent decided so am having a hard time concentrating on what I need to do. I have started counselling at a church but have only been to two sessions so far.

B

bluebirdchaser

Hey, welcome. I'm so happy to hear you've come to Christ! That is a tough situation you're in though. We're definitely here for you and I know I'm praying for you. There's a nice family forum here that could probably be what you're looking for.

S

saydee

Welcome to CC!
I'm sorry your in a tough situation right now concerning your faith and your family - I will pray that things get better! Don't forget, the lost son also found his way home and I am sure God will take care of everything! :) Hope you'll find inspiration both here on CC and in counselling at your church!!

R

Richie_2uk

Hello. And welcome to CC. I hope and pray that you will be blessed and find people to fellowship with you. God bless

N

Newhazel

Thank you so much, I didnt know how to edit my post but I wasnt able to put in I have attempted suicide twice in the last year, second time ended up on life support. I am diagnosed as bipolar but dont believe it and the meds werent helping but I found a hope line on internet and thats how I found God and I fully intend to serve him to my fullest and not fall back into darkness.
xx

T

tedjoh

They said I am bipolar too, it doesn't really matter if I believe this or not or if I am or not because God is greater than anything we are or are not or anything we face. I been on meds before and off now for many many years. I don't need them. Am I energetic? Am I weird? Do I get depressed sometimes? Yeah, but the Lord gets me through all of this with flying colors! It's not just a cliche with God all things are possible. I am convinced bipolar is simply a way to focus inwardly to ourselves when the focus needs to be on others. You may be surprised when you are busy tending to the needs and problems of others that all your problems go away and God provides for your needs according to His riches and glory! I hope this encourages you as it does me His strength is made perfect in our weakness. If you had no weakness would you really feel you needed God at all?

T

tedjoh

If advice on what to do is what you seek then the answer is usually quite simple that most miss it. Believe in God., learn His Word, pray, mimic Christ and let Him work out the rest. He doesn't need us to change people. He starts with changing us and when others see the change in us and then decide they want what we have then they turn to God for Him to begin working in their life. Hope this helps praying for you...

A

arb71

Newhazel...welcome and you hang in there. I will remember you and your household in my prayers.