Newsweek Claims Global Warming Will Cause People to be Eaten by Tigers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Newsweek

MAN-EATING TIGERS COULD HUNT DOWN MORE HUMANS DUE TO CLIMATE CHANGE

NAYANIKA MATHUR
5/17/19 AT 6:06 AM EDT

The way that we live on Earth is causing an unprecedented acceleration in species extinction. Now, more than half a million species “have insufficient habitat for long-term survival” and are likely to go extinct unless their natural environments are restored. But we are already seeing major problems from this intrusion, not least through an increase in human-animal conflict.

A case in evidence is that of Avni, a “man-eating” Indian tigress who achieved something close to global recognition at the end of 2018. Man-eating leopards, lions and tigers aren’t uncommon in India – several are killed or captured annually. But Avni achieved fame when a designer cologne was used in an attempt to lure her into a trap. Sadly, the bait failed and she was ultimately hunted down and killed.

This tragic tale of a tigress gone rogue unleashed a range of debates on the ethics of hunting, the pragmatics of capture, and the elitism of urban conservationists who were furious at her killing. What was somewhat missing from the discussion was the question of what made Avni the tigress into a man-eater in the first place.

The reasons why big cats turn on humans are complex and can be specific to individuals. But they can no longer be explained outside the context of climate change. Biodiversity depletion, habitat loss, extreme weather events, and a greater struggle over natural resources are affecting how animals live across the entire Indian subcontinent, and indeed the world. We should look to the case of Avni not for the peculiar baiting method, but rather for what her life and death tells us about the climate crisis.

If you think that you'd like to read the rest of the article, just click here to do so: https://www.newsweek.com/man-eating-tigers-hunt-humans-climate-change-1428626?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_source=Twitter

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
When I first saw the title to this thread online, I thought that it was going to end up being one of those satire pieces from, "the truth that stings, The Babylon Bee, but nope, it was actually published by Newsweek Magazine :)

S

Stranger36147

People have imagination, that's for sure.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Yes here in London we are in constant fear of being eaten by Tigers. I check my garden each night in case one of them pesky critters
are lurking in my privet bush!

7seasrekeyed

'they' need to make up their minds

last I read, tigers are on the way to extinction in the wild

I would be more worried about all the Ice Age animals they would like to bring back using DNA from specimens they have uncovered

the Saber Tooth is an Ice Animal o_O

the world is getting nuttier by the minute

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
'they' need to make up their minds

last I read, tigers are on the way to extinction in the wild

I would be more worried about all the Ice Age animals they would like to bring back using DNA from specimens they have uncovered

the Saber Tooth is an Ice Animal o_O

the world is getting nuttier by the minute
Global warming is causing average aggregate intelligence to decline.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
sir?

what does aggregate mean?
In this context, it means the attribute of the community as a whole. One might say, "We're all dumber for knowing that."

It can also be used as a verb, with a long a sound in the last syllable instead of a nondescript vowel sound (as in "ember").

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Global warming is causing average aggregate intelligence to decline.
This is no joke. I actually had a Cat which up to about 18 months had sabre teeth. He used to pick up little Toy Balls with a lattice
design on them. I used to throw them and he would bring them back to me like a Dog. The sabre teeth eventually fell out. It appeared to be quite painless for him but his retrieving days came to an end. He lived for ten years then sadly had to be put down because he
developed cancer

7seasrekeyed

In this context, it means the attribute of the community as a whole. One might say, "We're all dumber for knowing that."

It can also be used as a verb, with a long a sound in the last syllable instead of a nondescript vowel sound (as in "ember").

thanks

but I was kidding to go along with your comment

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Is it getting warm in here or is it just me? :giggle:
It's just you.

Meanwhile, my ocean is bigger. Sea level rise is caused by the floating garbage patch displacing the water. :)