NO CHRISTIANS AT MY NEW JOB

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Most workplaces have their own vernacular and humor and it's usually a little on the raw side. The best example that you can set in the workplace is how you conduct yourselves. I would be careful not to openly judge anyone. There are probably Christians in the job that you do have without you realizing it. I believe that you feel you are in a lonely and isolated environment but that may change.
Lots of good advice so far... I agree totally with this ^^^

I am convinced (after more than 45 years in the workplace) that the best testimony we can give for Jesus is simply the way we act, and conduct ourselves.

People will notice.

If you verbally try to "spread the word" you will likely meet with scorn and ridicule. If you are simply a good person, who doesn't get caught up in the vulgarity of "natural men", people will notice. You don't have to berate them for it, just don't join in... laughing at jokes is ok, if they are funny... if the jokes turn vulgar, you can simply smile and continue with your work. Your lack of "joining in" will speak volumes.

Some of the best examples of workplace Christians I've ever witnessed really didn't SAY much about it at all, unless asked, and usually then only in one-on-one situations. Their "witness" was the way they went about their work, and the way they treated others. To me, THAT is being Jesus in the flesh...

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks for that message lighhearted it was encouraging, is my jesus light shining?? it's still a wee dim, ill soon get it shining brighter each day i feel it is , flickers now and again ;-) lol

Nov 4, 2017
great!! advise noted, i dont swear anymore ill say flip sake i get funny looks, i was always good mannered even when unsaved, but im more good mannered and polite now and people are warming to me already in the workplace, still a mans world, lots of swearing everyday, its more amplified to me now, great advise hornetguy i appreciate!!! it

Feb 28, 2016
WOW,

your post is quite the Judgment Call of, I take it, many people of whom
you are working side-by-side with...

concentrate on 'yourself' and read what our Saviour requires of you in
ANY GIVEN SITUATION...

prayers sent for assurance in your FAITH, and the strength to obey
and carry out your 'duty' to Jesus, first and foremost...

even if you should 'lose your job', your FAITH should give you the
courage to believe in Him for what ever His future may hold for you...

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017
Even if i should loose my job? im already in severe hardship struggling with debt and having to wait another 3 weeks for my first paycheck, quite the judgement call?? ill just assume your perfect!!!! then ?? If thou wilt be perfect, go [FONT=Arimo, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [/FONT][FONT=Arimo, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and follow me. Mathew 19;21 youll have already done this ?? if not go do it now!! you'll be one of those holier than thou christian's judging me!! [/FONT]Matthew 7:1-3 OH DEAR!!

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I would not like this answer if I was you but really you have 3 choices. Suck it up and be natural just like you you say you are, be radical like Paul and persecuted like Paul( weill not really like him unto death and all, or quit; and I doubt you find another job full of Christians (unless you work for a church). I know it sucks. But that is life on life's terms. New Christian or Christian for 20+ years it is human nature for people to like us. Take it from someone with the 20+ years we can be nice even loving but not a part of. Peter said we live in temporary tents and long for home (heaven), this never stops. What is important is getting in a good church to make good Christian friends, be a part of the fellowship; do not forsake the fellowship of the brothers (come to think of it I think that was Paul... who ever...). Work is 8 hours of a 24 hour day. You are now my sister in Messiah, I am here if you need me.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I only got saved a couple of weeks ago but already im struggling at my new job mostly men who swear all the time and the usual dirty jokes and talking about taking drugs an all sorts, im a prep chef in local hotel, its hard work and stressful, nobody knows im a christian , i just blend in cause i do have a good sense of humour and do enjoy a laugh and the craic as we say ere in Ireland lol, oh id love a job working with other Christians it would be so much easier, but its also easy to slip back into sinning again that;s my worry and im very aware of it iv prayed a christian just one christian cross's my path, so im just keeping a low profile and blending in and getting on with my job, any advise or similar experiences fellow brothers and sisters lol?
Sounds like your work environment is in need of Christian influence. I wouldn't advise you to leave. However, I don't think God likes when people make fun and pervert what God He has made Holy between a man and woman. I wouldn't partake in dirty jokes. I would ignore them.

If I were you, I'd prepare myself to give an answer for your belief instead worrying about fitting in. Find a loving church family to satisfy your need for community and a sense of belonging. Best Regards...

Feb 28, 2016
Trust your Saviour, and yourself through your Love for Him, and 'move on'..................................................