Now Illegal For Women to Be Paid Less

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
They'll just pay the men the same thing they pay women now, which will be less for the men. LOL! :D

A

AuntieAnt

From the Independent Women's Forum site:

IWF -Debunking The Wage Gap Myth

Just gonna leave this here.
I'm 100% certain there are pay discrepancies all across the board whether between male/female, minority/majority, young/old, gay/straight, etc. I worked in the corporate world for too many years to be blind to that fact. Nevertheless, I had no complaints because I was paid what I requested to be paid for my work. I only posted the above link because I thought it was interesting news, not to start a male vs female debate.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
hmmmm

so at mcdonalds

if there is a 16 year old girl she will get paid like a manager if the store manager is male?

weird
I believe the principle concept is equal pay for equal work...

N

NoNameMcgee

you should have quoted the whole thing before i deleted it

that was the build up for my joke

:(

Feb 7, 2015
I think it is a dangerous precedent to set.

N

NoNameMcgee

I think it is a dangerous precedent to set.
if pay is based on merit
experience
education
and availability

that would be the most beneficial to the workers and employers

K

kaylagrl

Yeah I never understood that. That may be fine in an office but not in all lines of work. My husband has been in courier work for the last several years. He's had to deliver trampolines,lazy boys,tractor tires etc. A woman that also works at the same job goes out and gets her husband to meet her and deliver her packages because,of course,she's unable to do it herself. I dont see how that is fair. She can't do the work so why should she be paid the same as a man? Doesn't make sense to me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah I never understood that. That may be fine in an office but not in all lines of work. My husband has been in courier work for the last several years. He's had to deliver trampolines,lazy boys,tractor tires etc. A woman that also works at the same job goes out and gets her husband to meet her and deliver her packages because,of course,she's unable to do it herself. I dont see how that is fair. She can't do the work so why should she be paid the same as a man? Doesn't make sense to me.
You have described a scenario where it is not equal work, though. I think the glass ceiling is quite evident in managerial type positions, or office work, where heavy lifting is not required: brains, not brawn.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
If women are paid less, then why don't employers just hire women?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What's that about fixing cars? Hmmmm???