O for a thousand tongues to Sing - HYMN

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sam2017

Rendition by members of Parish of Christ Church, Singapore on 10th September 2017

Acapella Singing

Hymn tune : Lyngham

Youtube link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7ajzD5uKA&t=20s

1) O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer's praise,the glories of my God and King,the triumphs of his grace!

2) My gracious Master and my God,assist me to proclaim,to spread thro' all the earth abroad the honors of your name.

3) Jesus! the name that charms our fears,that bids our sorrows cease,'tis music in the sinner's ears,'tis life and health and peace.

4) He breaks the power of cancelled sin,he sets the prisoner free;his blood can make the foulest clean;his blood availed for me.

5) To God all glory, praise, and love be now and ever given by saints below and saints above,the Church in earth and heaven.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for posting. I know the other melody for these words, but glad to hear this version.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
This is the melody of the hymn i learned... But i liked to sing it a little faster.
[video=youtube;Vv_tmmnrJpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv_tmmnrJpM[/video]

"O For a Thousand Tongues To Sing" was written by Charles Wesley in 1739. He wrote this hymn to commemorate the first anniversary of his conversion.