Occasional Drunkenness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
I think it is one of those......Anything that is not of the faith that comes from hearing God, is sin.

While Jacobs wives fought over sleeping rites sending their children to score on mandrake in Dothan the big city . God does not set his approval on it .Its a family affair.

Mandrake I understand is similar to Pot. Alcohol is the gate way drug in America.

To some one drink or taste is too much while at the same times a thousand to little . Each person is required to offer their bodies heath as living sacrifices in view of His mercy owing nothing other than the continual debt to love one another.

Better to stay drug free, sugar free as well as pride, free from another addition.

Genesis 30:15 And she said unto her, Is it a small matter that thou hast taken my husband? and wouldest thou take away my son's mandrakes also? And Rachel said, Therefore he shall lie with thee to night for thy son's mandrakes.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
I had some church members that believed that when Cain was cursed he was made black.....they actually believed that crap until I reminded them that Cain's lineage was wiped out in the flood.....you should have seen the dumbfounded look on their faces.........what ignorance....same is true with the Mormon's belief....however....Noah did curse HAM, HAM settled Africa and they have served everyone since that day..........which is a fact.
Noah cursed Canaan and Ham received no blessings. So, a certain part of Ham's race was cursed, but even then the rest received no blessings. And yes, Africa was where Ham settled and the curse and no blessings are just as real today as they were then. Those blessings and curses of Noah have never been abrogated.

Which brings about serious considerations. Which most don't want to admit.

Quantrill

Mar 28, 2016
i thought black people came from Kush not Canaan.

Garee offered….From an article...Human skin color is a “polygenic” trait, meaning multiple gene loci are involved in its expression. At last count, the International Federation of Pigment Cell Society has determined that there are a total of 378 genetic loci involved in determining skin color in human and mice.
One decision from God that works to perform his choice. Black or white, tan or red. Seeing he is of one mind and always does what so ever his soul pleases .
A Caucasian and a Black person can have twins and one could be black the other white or both of the same mixture. God holds all thing together by the power of his will . There is no law that determines what outcome. Adam and Eve has every possible combination, a rainbow

We are commanded as new creatures not to know any man after the pigment of their skin, flesh . even though some did now Christ after the flesh.... we know him no more that way. So why would we even make it about what the eyes see and call that walking by faith ?

2 Corinthians 5:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Its like what are some new creatures doing hanging around the idea of the old flesh as a form of division as if we did wrestle against flesh and blood and not lying spirits in unseen high places( the church) Reformation begins in the church . It would seem the old is coming out of the closet driving the Christians in. The gospel will work to bring them together

Dec 12, 2013
Noah cursed Canaan and Ham received no blessings. So, a certain part of Ham's race was cursed, but even then the rest received no blessings. And yes, Africa was where Ham settled and the curse and no blessings are just as real today as they were then. Those blessings and curses of Noah have never been abrogated.

Which brings about serious considerations. Which most don't want to admit.

Quantrill
Of course....yet it was Ham that done the deed and the curse came because of Ham's actions....God visits the iniquity of the father unto the 2nd and 3rd generation (in the O.T.) and exactly why the curse was placed upon Canaan.....I agree with your bolded for sure....

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Of course....yet it was Ham that done the deed and the curse came because of Ham's actions....God visits the iniquity of the father unto the 2nd and 3rd generation (in the O.T.) and exactly why the curse was placed upon Canaan.....I agree with your bolded for sure....
And wherever that race of Ham is prevelant, in the majority, in control, then the curse will follow. One just has to look at Detroit as proof.

Quantrill

Dec 16, 2012
my mistake, i thought it was a rhetorical question. my answer would be no, i do not think its ok to go out and murder people. do you believe murderers are the same as someone that drank to much alcohol?
my point had nothing to do with Noah got drunk so lets all get drunk, Noah got drunk and the Most High didnt strike him down, i dont even see anyone in the bible making a big deal of it, so why do we?
but people are making a big deal of it. the reason i used Noah was explained: when you compare drinking to much to killing a human being in cold blood, i would say that is making a big deal about it. and again, it was never meant to rationalize drinking, Noah drank to much so we should all drink to much, is not the point i am making.
Fantastic perspective. Rhetorical questions based on analogies that are a total misrepresentation in the event of actualization of the human subject example are not a true, reliable measure at work of assessment.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
Is there anything wrong with occasional drunkenness? I would say yes.
I would say "no". Remember Jesus made wine? He didn't just make wine, he made a great quantity of it for people who were already well-drunk. "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person."

Drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of God, but occasional drunkenness does not a drunkard make.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Alright... so... this thread is 8 years old...

do we have a consensus yet or should we discuss it over drinks?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Dunno, I'm enjoying reading the lengths some will go to, and ways they will use the Bible to justify inebriation.

Now, one/anyone can pretty much do the same thing with any such social disorder/sinful act.........so, in that perspective, there really is nothing new under the sun...........

Jesus got folks drunk.............goodness............

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
Dunno, I'm enjoying reading the lengths some will go to, and ways they will use the Bible to justify inebriation.

Now, one/anyone can pretty much do the same thing with any such social disorder/sinful act.........so, in that perspective, there really is nothing new under the sun...........

Jesus got folks drunk.............goodness............
Jesus did what he did, exactly how your favorite English translation words it. The people who go to great lengths to have the Bible justify their views are those who claim Jesus made a grape juice.