"OSAS Proven"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ricke

Saint
Tell us why you think he said/implicated Paul wasen't saved, just asking...

S

Saint

Oh, I trying to say that he was saying that, I was trying to see what he believes. Because, you see, if Christians walk in the Spirit, and those who walk in the Spirit cannot sin, then Paul couldn't have been saved, because he admitted to sinning. I just want to be sure I know what he believes before I continue. It would really be a waste if I kept at this and he believed something that I believe, but worded it different.

C

Consumed

No doctrine is so calculated to preserve a man from sin as the doctrine of grace. Those who have called it a “licentious doctrine” do not know anything about it at all. Poor ignorant things, they little know that their own vile stuff was the most licentious doctrine under heaven. If they knew the grace of God in truth, they would soon see there was no preservative from lying like a knowledge that we are the elect of God from the foundation of the world. There is nothing like the belief in my eternal perseverance, and the immutability of my Father’s affection, which can keep me near to Him from a moment of simple gratitude.

Nothing makes a man so virtuous as belief of the truth. A lying doctrine will soon beget a lying practice. A man cannot have a erroneous belief with out by and by having an erroneous life. I believe the one thing naturally begets the other. Of all men, those have the most disinteresting piety, the sublimest reverence, the most ardent devotion, who believe they are saved by grace, without works, thru faith, and not of themselves, it is the gift of God. Christians should take heed, and see that it is always so, lest by any means Christ should be crucified afresh, and put to open shame.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon.

S

Saint

No doctrine has been so misunderstood as the doctrine of grace. Thousands speak of Grace, but fail to remember that they must still follow the law. Sin must always be there, it is the lurking pestilence, the evil that is with us while we do good, the joy when we do evil. The other member that keeps us from doing what is right, and begs us to do what is not. It follows our lives daily, becoming our soul's shadow, following every move we make, every word we speak, every thought we think. But though Sin is and was, it will not always be. but until that time, keep your guards up, because just as the armies of man fight even after they have lost, taking as many as they can down with them, the evil one tempts even those who are saved, even those who have overcome.

Anonomous

C

Consumed

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

C

Consumed

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

C

Consumed

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

R

Ricke

Saint
Ok good point. Actually everyone of us have sinned from time to time. We simply go to The Lord tell him we are sorry, ask him to forgive us, and if you did this with all sincerety, then you are forgiven. The Key to forgiveness is a sincere Repentent Heart. If however we choose to Willfully sin. Over and over and over like having an addiction, then unless we truly Repent God will not hear us. God will not allow constant willful sinning and having a non-repentent attitude. He will cut someone off .

David committed Adultery and Had Bathsheba's Husband killed in Battle. God forgave him for being an Adulterer and Murderer. Notice David never returned to those sins again. His Prayer of Repentance is found in Psalm 51. But God exacted a price for his sins.(1) God killed the Love Child of David and Bathsheba (2) Never let the sword depart from David's house, because of having Murdered the Husband of Bathsheba.

God will forgive, but as we read God may exact a price for what we have done.

If a Person walks away from God after they were converted, and Never Repent for walking away, and return to a life of sinning and*****NEVER REPENT****** they will go to The Lake of Fire. That is why OSAS is not true....

S

Saint

Saint
Ok good point. Actually everyone of us have sinned from time to time. We simply go to The Lord tell him we are sorry, ask him to forgive us, and if you did this with all sincerety, then you are forgiven. The Key to forgiveness is a sincere Repentent Heart. If however we choose to Willfully sin. Over and over and over like having an addiction, then unless we truly Repent God will not hear us. God will not allow constant willful sinning and having a non-repentent attitude. He will cut someone off .

David committed Adultery and Had Bathsheba's Husband killed in Battle. God forgave him for being an Adulterer and Murderer. Notice David never returned to those sins again. His Prayer of Repentance is found in Psalm 51. But God exacted a price for his sins.(1) God killed the Love Child of David and Bathsheba (2) Never let the sword depart from David's house, because of having Murdered the Husband of Bathsheba.

If a Person walks away from God after they were converted, and Never Repent for walking away, and return to a life of sinning and*****NEVER REPENT****** they will go to The Lake of Fire. That is why OSAS is not true....
I agree perfectly.

Jun 24, 2010
The Bible says a person born of God cannot sin,and a Spirit led life will not fulfill the desires of the flesh.

If someone is led of the Spirit they will behave like Jesus for a Spirit led life will not sin.

Paul said if he did not abstain from sin he would be a castaway.

The Bible says that a person who claims the name of Christ has to depart from sin which they can do by the Holy Spirit.

God said be holy as I am holy.

The problem is some people are saved but then let sin creep back in their life and do not repent and lose out on salvation.

That is why Jesus said not all who call Him Lord Lord shall make it to heaven but only those who do the will of the Father which is to be like Christ led by the Spirit.The Bible says they were before Jesus and said did not we do many works in your name,and Jesus depart from Me you workers of iniquity.

Some people are saved and repent of their sins and mean it but later on go back to sinning and lose out on salvation.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling(Philippians 2:12).

The Bible says to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling which means the person has to participate in their salvation by making sure they want to be led of the Holy Spirit to live the lifestyle to receive eternal life.

The Holy Spirit will not lead you unless you want to be led of the Holy Spirit.If you have sin in your life you are saying you do not want the Spirit to lead you.

Some people are saved in the truth but then go back to sin and lose out on salvation which Jesus said not all who say Lord Lord shall enter in to the kingdom of heaven.

If it were once saved always saved the Bible would not say work out your own salvation with fear and trembling for there would not be any reason to fear and tremble concerning your salvation.

The truth it is once saved always saved if you are saved in the truth and do not go back to sin,not you can have sin in your life and still be saved.You are always saved as long as you do right working out your salvation with fear and trembling,keeping yourself right with God but some miss the mark.

The truth is I have seen many hypocrites of people who believe once saved always saved but their lifestyle was not in line with being able to receive salvation but they still believed they were saved,but Jesus said they shall have their portion with the hypocrites there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

A hypocrite is someone who claims to be with Christ but does not abstain from sin by the Spirit which I have seen many hypocrites but they still think they are saved but Jesus said they are not saved.

So how is that doctrine any good if hypocrites say they are alright when they are not.

The Bible says if you think that you stand take heed lest you fall because some people who think they are alright will get relaxed in their walk with God and will not make it to heaven.

Because of that doctrine once saved always saved it has produced many hypocrites because they have become relaxed in their walk with God thinking they cannot fall.

Multitudes of hypocrites come from that doctrine and it is a dangerous doctrine causing people not to live right because they think they are alright and do not live up to the lifestyle that they are supposed to live.

Matt
Matt

I'll tell you what. You go out and preach the gospel as you have been taught. If God saves any souls through your gospel, get them together and train them up as disciples and teach them the commandments as you understand them. Then be available to counsel them and when they come to you with sin problems (because they will) then you can give them the same advise and instructions that you mentioned in your post. Make sure you tell them the truth as you understand it, that if they sin then they are not born of God and they need to repent all over again. Make sure you also tell them that they can never be sure of their salvation especially when weakness in the flesh, temptation or some form of lust takes over through the old sin nature that God never eradicated from the members of their body (Rom 7:23).

When they come to you in guilt because of some sin of the flesh are you going to tell them that they need to repent or that they are not saved or are you going to minister grace to them the same way God does with you when you sin! When sin abounds grace does much more abounds (Rom 5:20). Rom 5:2 says that we stand in grace and have access to that grace through faith when we fall (Rom 14:4). That literally means that when a brother falls he falls into grace because he is standing in it. Are you going to tell a fallen brother that he has access to that grace by faith or are you going to throw some guilt trip of repentance and condemnation? When you do not minister grace to your fallen brother you cause your brother to stumble and be offended and never make him realize that he is standing in grace. When the whole world lived in sin and wickedness, Jesus Christ came down from heaven and became the propitiation for all our sins. Propitiation means mercy seat. Jesus said that he did not come to condemn (Jn 3:17) but to seek and save that which is lost (Lk 19:10). You better make sure that your gospel if full of grace because if it is not then it is not the truth of the gospel of Christ who died and shed his blood for sinners.

I'll leave you with this (Rom 7:15-25)

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Rom 8:1 NO CONDEMNATION!

Is it possible that the Apostle Paul in verse 17 and 20 is blaming the sin that was dwelling in him and not himself for all the sin he just described he was having a problem with? You can read just like me, what do you think those verses are saying?

Jun 29, 2010
Originally Posted by Ricke

Saint

I agree perfectly.
So do I....

S

Saint

He tried this same tactic with me on another thread titled ''perfection''. He can't seem to understand what Paul was saying and why.
I tried it at the same time, and i do understand what paul said. I even know why.

C

Consumed

try and keep the law yourself and sin abounds, accept that only by Jesus can deliver and a abundance of grace is given to deliver one to overcome. The moment we think we need to do this that the other ourselves we place ourself under the law and in doing so we have to perform the whole law, not possible, we all fall short of the Glory of God. The fact Jesus took all sin upon Himself for us places us under His grace, an abundance of grace, we just need to acknowledge Him in all our ways and He will direct our paths.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
μετανοέω
metanoeō
met-an-o-eh'-o
From G3326 and G3539; to think differently or afterwards, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction): - repent.
(in context)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2010
Originally Posted by forerunner

He tried this same tactic with me on another thread titled ''perfection''. He can't seem to understand what Paul was saying and why.
I tried it at the same time, and i do understand what paul said. I even know why.
Then you should have known 2 things.
#1 We were not saying Paul was not saved.
#2 Paul knew that we could live sinlessly.

S

Saint

i never said paul wasn't saved, i asked if they believed he wasn't because he admitted to sinning