Our Journey

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Consumed

I think the moment you pick up the Bible and read, with intent, the very first word... a personal journey begins!

I have been literally lost into the Bible for a little over a month now, sometimes reading chapters and entire books at a time. Some unfold like a beautiful story and you cannot help but end up lost for hours. Have you ever looked up a particular scripture, and before you know it, you have read three chapters? I read the Bible cover to cover as a child (a requirement in our home) but it was just a bunch of words. For the first time in my life those words have true meaning!
Amen, when one accepts the Holy Spirit the hunger for His Word is truely intensifed and manifested, we just have to remember to "clean out the ashes" of that consuming fire within that burns all that is not of God so as not to quench that fire.:)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009

It sounds daunting yet it is the very food for our souls. I use to spend more time watching TV, reading Guitarist magazines than I did the bible.. what a waste of time.
Phil
I like your comment about food for the soul.
I was speaking to someone today that said they did not like to read all of the bible, only picked parts.
I told this person that you will never be healthy in understanding this way.
That all of the scriptures are important in a goddly diet.
So just as you know that you must eat healthy, you also need to read healthy.
So eat your bible vegies! :D

God bless, pickles

W

worldlover

i would have to pick the second one because i believe the Bible serves as our guide in finding the right path.

A

aeon

:)hey there people!
I grew to my journey w/ experience, with the holy bible on my side; i will not be lost. everyday w/ the bible is always a new and always has an end. everything is connected you just have to be resourceful on your bible. i'm just only 32 but i have grown fully and maturely through bible, put or try to walk w/ it and you will have yourself the greatest journey you'll ever find in this life.:);)
33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
mathew 6:3

22And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
23And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
24And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
genesis5:22-24

Aug 16, 2009
33 Sadly I see a lot of people who don't read there bibles at all. Their always asking God help me, help me. Getting mad at God or wondering why their prayers aren't being answered but they won't try to learn anything about the one who they keep asking help from.
Hi loveschild,

Oh my goodness...Getting mad at God? One should certainly never want to do that! Better to pursue an opposite approach using the following advice:
"Want to know how to make God laugh? Tell Him about your future plans."
Allen Stewart Konigsberg (1935 - )
aka Woody Allen

KayCee

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
I've seen people bragging that they have read the bible from beginning to end. They forget about pride being a sin. So they didn't read it good enough.
:D Love that quote Loveschild!

Quest

Jan 31, 2009
I've seen people bragging that they have read the bible from beginning to end. They forget about pride being a sin. So they didn't read it good enough.
yeah it also says ye who is without sin cast the first stone. thanks for being that one that is without sin and the one that has cast the first stone. now we can all throw them

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
yeah it also says ye who is without sin cast the first stone. thanks for being that one that is without sin and the one that has cast the first stone. now we can all throw them
She was making a general comment Thaddeus. It's probably a quote she got from a preacher somewhere. It's humor.

Quest

A

aeon

Some people read the Bible, cover to cover, and then seem to think they have come to the end of a journey that leads to heaven. Other people read the Bible, cover to cover, and then seem to think they are only beginning a journey that leads to heaven. Which view would be closer to the truth?[/quote

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

philippians 3:13-14