Pangea in the Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

giantone

Most science says originally the Earth had one land mass and over a period of time the land masses separated, If this Bible verses is about the land masses separating over the course of Peleg's life then it happened over the course of only a few hundred years.

Genesis 10:25 * And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

Earth:

'erets -- pronounced: eh'-rets

from an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land): KJV -- X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X natins, way, + wilderness, world.

Divided:

palag -- pronounced: paw-lag'

a primitive root; to split (literally or figuratively): KJV -- divide.

One other interesting note is According to the Bible there will come a time when the mountains will be no more and the deep seas will become shallow as well. Faults in the Earth moving against each other or away from each other makes the mountains and the deep ocean valleys as well as push the continents apart I wonder if the continents will be joined once again when that happens..

G

giantone

Another thought I had concerning the distant past was the moon being much closer in the distant past than most scientists believe, the reason I think this is because some very old writings talk about bad things happening when there is a full moon, real bad things like flooding and earthquakes and when it was time for a full moon it was like they wanted to run for the hills and hide in a deep cave. A near Earth moon would do that.

I saw a show about the moon and how it stabilizes the Earth, without it the Earth would real to and fro wildly like a spinning top out of control, kind of like this scripture says the Earth will be like:

Isaiah 24:20 *The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

The Earth will rise again, more exactly be redone but the old Earth won't ever return.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I studied geology in University. I found a lot of holse in the theory of evolution and biology, but the geology stuff made some sense, although not necessarily the long earth dates. I became a Christian at the end of the year, and realized that Pangea had to be the original earth God made. When the flood came, it wasn't just rain, it was water from the "fountains of the deep." Gen. 7:11

Geologist refer to water that comes from under the surface of the earth, that has never been on the top of the earth as "juvenile water". It only makes sense that God allowed something to happen to the earth, which caused it to rip apart, releasing juvenile water from the fountains of the deep and triggering a massive and 40 day rain storm from the canopy. Besides the moon, my unsubstantiated theory is that the axis of the earth was tipped. Even the recent earth quakes in Chile and Haiti tilted the axis a tiny bit. Imagine the force of rift valleys being created, and mountain chains being formed.

I love creation geology. Good topic.