Parents who raise kids as vegans should be prosecuted: doctors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Susanna

Why would a parent want to subject their child to a dangerously unhealthy diet? Why would an adult subject themselves to such a diet that takes all of the joy out of enjoying a meal and is unhealthy as well. They mind as well take a multi-vitamin, pop a protein pill and call it good.
Probably because joy is a stranger to them😁.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Why would a parent want to subject their child to a dangerously unhealthy diet? Why would an adult subject themselves to such a diet that takes all of the joy out of enjoying a meal and is unhealthy as well. They mind as well take a multi-vitamin, pop a protein pill and call it good.
I enjoy my meals a lot. .ore then ever, actually.
Why is being a vegan unhealthy and dangerous?
What's more hsrmful.in the long term, vegan diet, or a typical American diet?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
You government control enthusiasts, you do realize that control of the population is one of satan's goals in his mission to accomplish his one world government, right?
And you are for that?
Is there any reason why you want to help him and have him come sooner?
Do you also vote for pro abortion candidates?

S

Susanna

I enjoy my meals a lot. .ore then ever, actually.
Why is being a vegan unhealthy and dangerous?
What's more hsrmful.in the long term, vegan diet, or a typical American diet?
What is a typical American diet?

S

Susanna

You government control enthusiasts, you do realize that control of the population is one of satan's goals in his mission to accomplish his one world government, right?
And you are for that?
Is there any reason why you want to help him and have him come sooner?
Do you also vote for pro abortion candidates?
I don’t know who you are addressing here, but I think it’s rather far fetched to imply that posters not agreeing with you are liable for Satan’s actions and for pro choice politicians taking office.

M

Mrsmom

My sons dr always ask if he drinks milk and eats cheese. Which now a days is said to be bad. But he's a healthy kid. He loves meat. Hates avacado but loves mushrooms. Kids should eat what they want. Maybe not a steak every day but at least eggs and chicken. I worked at a cafeteria in school our vegetarian always looked like she was eating her last meal. So malnourished.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I read a number of articles on this topic, and children should not be vegan while they are going through growth periods. Even vegetarianism is not enough to supply the amino acids and proteins, let alone other essential nutrients they need.

In fact, I wonder if my long term vegetarianism is working against my health?

My oldest child was forced to be a vegetarian. My parents would feed him meat when we visited them, and he ate it down like he had been starving in the desert for years. I finally started cooking him meat. Now that he is in his 40's he has a Buddhist fiancée and he is eating a lot more vegetarian. But, he still realizes he needs meat, so he buys it for himself and cooks it up, a few times a week. He's an adult, he can make his own choice. As for a small child, I don't think I did the right thing by forcing vegetarianism on him when he was young.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018

By Hannah Frishberg
May 17, 2019 | 4:52pm

Good thing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex don’t live in Belgium. Prince Harry and wife Meghan have been said to be considering raising baby Archie as a vegan, a diet Belgian doctors now say is dangerous for growing bodies.

They said parents who place their children on such restrictive diets should be prosecuted.

“It is not medically recommended and even forbidden to subject a child, especially during periods of rapid growth, to a potentially destabilizing diet,” reads the legal opinion published Thursday by The Royal Academy of Medicine of Belgium, the Telegraph first reported.

Belgian doctors said that the animal fats and amino acids found in meat and dairy, both excluded in veganism, are vital for growth. Older children could possibly tolerate a vegan diet, authorities said, but only if it were accompanied by supplements and regular medical supervision. To raise children otherwise, the authorities concluded, would be unethical.

Currently, 3 percent of Belgian children are vegan, the Telegraph reported.

The public denouncement was prompted by government official Bernard Devos, following a string of deaths in Belgian day-care centers, schools and hospitals. The opinion will make it easier, legally, for Devos to separate children from parents who insist on the diet.

In 2017, two Belgium parents were convicted following the death of their 7-month-old baby. The infant subsisted on a gluten-free, lactose-free diet and weighed less than 10 pounds when it passed, the Independent reported at the time.

In America, pet owners have been called unethical for imposing veganism on pets.

Last month, an anti-vegan protester ate a raw squirrel outside a vegan festival.

The public denouncement was prompted by government official Bernard Devos, following a string of deaths in Belgian day-care centers, schools and hospitals. The opinion will make it easier, legally, for Devos to separate children from parents who insist on the diet.

In 2017, two Belgium parents were convicted following the death of their 7-month-old baby. The infant subsisted on a gluten-free, lactose-free diet and weighed less than 10 pounds when it passed, the Independent reported at the time.

In America, pet owners have been called unethical for imposing veganism on pets.

Last month, an anti-vegan protester ate a raw squirrel outside a vegan festival.
I feel like there is more to the story. Technically I was rather close to a vegan at 7 months since I was lactose intolerant and on soy milk. Babies at 7 months don't eat much...a few packets of baby food, baby crunchies(you can find gluten/dairy free). In fact I never gave my son meat as baby food as I thought it was disgusting and wouldn't eat myself. They are actually starving their baby. That's the difference.

As a personal choice I'm not for veganism. I've tried it before but I have low iron so I was always tired on it. However Im happy we have freedom of choice in our country. I don't believe a healthy vegan diet is abuse.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I've been vegan and unprocessed for 27 years. Raw for quite a few of them.
I'm in very good health.
I have seen many, many vegans, at all ages, thrive and prosper.
In fact hands down through all phases of life, but especially as people age, they have, in my experiences with them, enjoyed a higher standard of physical being then non vegans. In the 45, 50 and up group, in fact a much higher level of health.
We are living in a fallen world, I get it. But does anyone here really believe that Gods original plan was for us to be murdering, slaughtering animals? He created them too you know.
That said, one can still live healthy on a non vegan diet. But the animal protein needs to be clean, and limited to 2, 3 x a week. And in the right food combinations.
Still not as optimal as a vegan diet though.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018

By Hannah Frishberg
May 17, 2019 | 4:52pm

Good thing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex don’t live in Belgium. Prince Harry and wife Meghan have been said to be considering raising baby Archie as a vegan, a diet Belgian doctors now say is dangerous for growing bodies.

They said parents who place their children on such restrictive diets should be prosecuted.

“It is not medically recommended and even forbidden to subject a child, especially during periods of rapid growth, to a potentially destabilizing diet,” reads the legal opinion published Thursday by The Royal Academy of Medicine of Belgium, the Telegraph first reported.

Belgian doctors said that the animal fats and amino acids found in meat and dairy, both excluded in veganism, are vital for growth. Older children could possibly tolerate a vegan diet, authorities said, but only if it were accompanied by supplements and regular medical supervision. To raise children otherwise, the authorities concluded, would be unethical.

Meat and dairy (and the various vitamins, minerals and compounds they contain, many of which are not found in plant based foods) is a known accelerator of brain growth and is inextricably linked with higher intelligence in adulthood (albeit in moderation). Denying a child the nutrients inherent in milk, especially, and particularly if mother is not breastfeeding, is denying the child the natural mode of infant sustenance for all mammalian species on this planet.

It is, essentially, asking, begging, for a malnourished kid.

Animals kill and eat other animals. Yes, it can be unsavoury and unpalatable from a purely moralistic view, but we are not one dimensional moralistic creatures. We have urges, needs, an inherent penchant for some level of predation, high energy needs, brains made almost entirely of protein and fat, and a need for the variety of nutrients found in animal based products, especially milk in infancy.

In the natural, undeveloped world, it is entirely impossible to find the full spectrum of nutrients from a plant based diet. If a human has to rely on supplements to fulfil its dietary needs, clearly their diet is not in the natural order of things.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
I say that as a fairly liberal, leftist individual. I don't agree with the current level of meat "farming", and I would be entirely in support of much, much stricter regulations surrounding how animals are reared and cared for, even if it meant that meat cost me twice as much to buy. It would be good for the planet and good for most peoples' health. Meat eating is not in itself bad or wrong -- it's arguably natural -- but TOO MUCH meat eating is unhealthy for us and for the Earth.

I buy a few items of meat per week, usually some chicken, some pork and some beef. It is never much. Most of my diet is fruit, vegetables, herbs, spices, rice, potatoes, cereals, beans etc. I have a meat dish maybe every other day, usually for dinner time. And I have eggs maybe once or twice a week. Same with milk. I buy maybe a carton a fortnight.

I don't overdo it with meat and animal produce and I wouldn't feed my child meat every day, but I'd never choose to deny my kid it entirely.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Meat and dairy (and the various vitamins, minerals and compounds they contain, many of which are not found in plant based foods) is a known accelerator of brain growth and is inextricably linked with higher intelligence in adulthood (albeit in moderation). Denying a child the nutrients inherent in milk, especially, and particularly if mother is not breastfeeding, is denying the child the natural mode of infant sustenance for all mammalian species on this planet.

It is, essentially, asking, begging, for a malnourished kid.

Animals kill and eat other animals. Yes, it can be unsavoury and unpalatable from a purely moralistic view, but we are not one dimensional moralistic creatures. We have urges, needs, an inherent penchant for some level of predation, high energy needs, brains made almost entirely of protein and fat, and a need for the variety of nutrients found in animal based products, especially milk in infancy.

In the natural, undeveloped world, it is entirely impossible to find the full spectrum of nutrients from a plant based diet. If a human has to rely on supplements to fulfil its dietary needs, clearly their diet is not in the natural order of things.
I can go line fir line with you regarding nutrients, benefits of being a vegan compared to eating animals food, the science behind it, blah, blah, blah. But I doubt it would change your perspective. It rarely does with anyone on the site.
Many are the reasons, probably the most important though is that the scientific and practical knowledge are not present for most people on here.

So to cut to the chase, ⁸then how is it I know dozens of kids who were raised vegans and have zero health issues?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I say that as a fairly liberal, leftist individual. I don't agree with the current level of meat "farming", and I would be entirely in support of much, much stricter regulations surrounding how animals are reared and cared for, even if it meant that meat cost me twice as much to buy. It would be good for the planet and good for most peoples' health. Meat eating is not in itself bad or wrong -- it's arguably natural -- but TOO MUCH meat eating is unhealthy for us and for the Earth.

I buy a few items of meat per week, usually some chicken, some pork and some beef. It is never much. Most of my diet is fruit, vegetables, herbs, spices, rice, potatoes, cereals, beans etc. I have a meat dish maybe every other day, usually for dinner time. And I have eggs maybe once or twice a week. Same with milk. I buy maybe a carton a fortnight.

I don't overdo it with meat and animal produce and I wouldn't feed my child meat every day, but I'd never choose to deny my kid it entirely.

How old are you?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
That comparison means

Well that is kinda funny.
But still...
The comparison means close to nothing. Its sensationalism at its best. Did the woman on the right have a face lift? Do you know their blood work numbers? Did the woman on the left spend a lot of time in the sun?
You realize some of the best looking bodies in the cemetery are of steroid laced body builders? So what does that say?
Like God says, judge by the inside.