Parents who raise kids as vegans should be prosecuted: doctors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015

By Hannah Frishberg
May 17, 2019 | 4:52pm

Good thing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex don’t live in Belgium. Prince Harry and wife Meghan have been said to be considering raising baby Archie as a vegan, a diet Belgian doctors now say is dangerous for growing bodies.

They said parents who place their children on such restrictive diets should be prosecuted.

“It is not medically recommended and even forbidden to subject a child, especially during periods of rapid growth, to a potentially destabilizing diet,” reads the legal opinion published Thursday by The Royal Academy of Medicine of Belgium, the Telegraph first reported.

Belgian doctors said that the animal fats and amino acids found in meat and dairy, both excluded in veganism, are vital for growth. Older children could possibly tolerate a vegan diet, authorities said, but only if it were accompanied by supplements and regular medical supervision. To raise children otherwise, the authorities concluded, would be unethical.

Currently, 3 percent of Belgian children are vegan, the Telegraph reported.

The public denouncement was prompted by government official Bernard Devos, following a string of deaths in Belgian day-care centers, schools and hospitals. The opinion will make it easier, legally, for Devos to separate children from parents who insist on the diet.

In 2017, two Belgium parents were convicted following the death of their 7-month-old baby. The infant subsisted on a gluten-free, lactose-free diet and weighed less than 10 pounds when it passed, the Independent reported at the time.

In America, pet owners have been called unethical for imposing veganism on pets.

Last month, an anti-vegan protester ate a raw squirrel outside a vegan festival.

The public denouncement was prompted by government official Bernard Devos, following a string of deaths in Belgian day-care centers, schools and hospitals. The opinion will make it easier, legally, for Devos to separate children from parents who insist on the diet.

In 2017, two Belgium parents were convicted following the death of their 7-month-old baby. The infant subsisted on a gluten-free, lactose-free diet and weighed less than 10 pounds when it passed, the Independent reported at the time.

In America, pet owners have been called unethical for imposing veganism on pets.

Last month, an anti-vegan protester ate a raw squirrel outside a vegan festival.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Raise your hands if you are for governments control forbidding parents from arsing their children as vegans.
Anti Vaccination crowd, are you for this?

I know a couple that is raising there boy, since before he was born, as a RAW vegan.

And a few other parents who are raising their kids as vegans.

Admittedly, if one does not get enough of certain nutrients, it can be an issue. It can be done with feeding them the right foods, though you need to know what you are doing. And probably a handful of raw living supplements from Innate brand, or some other such raw vegan supplement brand (there are only 2 or 3 of them out there).

It's not rocket science though. Easily done.

But conversely, it's all right to give children processed junk food laden with chemical and hormones and anti biotics and GMO's and pesticides?

It is all right to raise children who are moderately to grossly overweight?

Using the logic of the ignorant doctor quoted in the article, then probably about a third of all parents in the USA should be in jail.

More hypocrisy and calls for government control. Wonderful.

Not to mention doctor or not, the man is seriously ignorant about diet and life style elements. But I am not surprised. Many doctors are. Yet most don't call for the prosecution of parents who feed their kids a vegan diet.

Insane world.

Mar 21, 2019
Raise your hands if you are for governments control forbidding parents from arsing their children as vegans.
Anti Vaccination crowd, are you for this?
These doctors should be de-registered. What is worse - terrible food, or having no parents? I think any child will take rubbish-tasting food over no parents every day of the week.

But conversely, it's all right to give children processed junk food laden with chemical and hormones and anti biotics and GMO's and pesticides?

It is all right to raise children who are moderately to grossly overweight?

Using the logic of the ignorant doctor quoted in the article, then probably about a third of all parents in the USA should be in jail.

More hypocrisy and calls for government control. Wonderful.
Exactly. Doctors have no issues with parents who give their children junk-food. Probably they are scared a vegan diet will reduce their future customers.

Not to mention doctor or not, the man is seriously ignorant about diet and life style elements. But I am not surprised. Many doctors are. Yet most don't call for the prosecution of parents who feed their kids a vegan diet.

Insane world.
Agreed. If doctors don't agree with veganism, they can raise their own children, and stop trying to mess around with other people's. I would like to see the following article:

"Doctors who try to justify kidnapping with medicine should be prosecuted: Parents"

I'm personally not a veganite, but what a mother (or father) chooses to feed her own child in the privacy of her own kitchen is no business of mine - or any doctor's.

If a child dies because of the parents' neglect, whether due to veganism or a medical procedure such as - dare I say it - vaccination - I have no issue with investigating the death, and prosecuting the parents. But there are obvious double-standards in how all veganism is being described as harming children, but no such rush to prosecute the parents (and especially doctors) of vaccine injured and killed children.

lolo4

May 17, 2019
I am working towards becoming a vegan.
I am on the fence about starting children out on vegan diets. If parents have carefully researched veganism, and balance plant proteins etc. I think it would be ok.
However, for a lot of people, being vegan is something of a fad diet, without a lot of thought going into it, except to avoid animal products.
My friend is a committed vegan, who tried putting her dogs on a vegan diet. They lost fur, weight, and were lethargic.
Not saying that children are like dogs, but, it would take some careful monitoring of a child's continued health to put them on any kind of diet.

M

Miri

I think dogs and people are different. Dogs do need meat. Their entire
digestive system is different to a person’s. They can eat raw meat,
Regurgitate it, eat meat that is unfit for human consumption.

People don’t need meat but it takes a lot of careful research. Most parents don’t do enough
research to come up with a healthy balanced diet and will cause more harm than
good to children, that’s the problem.

Good luck with criminalising it though, I suppose Belgium will
have to incarcerate their entire Hindu population as many Hindus are vegan
for religious reasons.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I think dogs and people are different. Dogs do need meat. Their entire
digestive system is different to a person’s. They can eat raw meat,
Regurgitate it, eat meat that is unfit for human consumption.

People don’t need meat but it takes a lot of careful research. Most parents don’t do enough
research to come up with a healthy balanced diet and will cause more harm than
good to children, that’s the problem.

Good luck with criminalising it though, I suppose Belgium will
have to incarcerate their entire Hindu population as many Hindus are vegan
for religious reasons.
My friend had his dog not on a vegan diet, but a vegetarian diet. She fared quite well with it. Lived 16 years.

The vegan diet is not as complicated as some people make it. Not for ids or parents, and it is well worth the effort. A lot of life long benefits. But again, there are some things that need to be addressed on the diet. The good news is that for the first time since before the flood the vegan diet, due to supplements, is a very doable diet.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
... I suppose Belgium will have to incarcerate their entire Hindu population as many Hindus are vegan for religious reasons.
70 per cent of India eats meat in some form or the other. We must not forget that Hinduism is not what some Brahmins and Banias decide it is, or should be. Brahminism is but a tiny subset of Hinduism, and not all Brahmins are vegetarian. Source

Apr 15, 2017
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

When the nations come together and say Peace and safety as they try to establish peace on earth it will be international law for a man and a woman not to marry for population reduction, and to be a vegetarian for it is the occult that is the people that are manipulating things, and in control.

And the time the world will not want to hear the truth of the Bible, but according to their own lusts, the new age movement interpretation of the Bible that God warns the saints about, which the new age movement will pave the way to the beast kingdom.

I would not recommend a vegan diet where they cut out all animal products, especially with children which milk and eggs would do them very good.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

When the nations come together and say Peace and safety as they try to establish peace on earth it will be international law for a man and a woman not to marry for population reduction, and to be a vegetarian for it is the occult that is the people that are manipulating things, and in control.

And the time the world will not want to hear the truth of the Bible, but according to their own lusts, the new age movement interpretation of the Bible that God warns the saints about, which the new age movement will pave the way to the beast kingdom.

I would not recommend a vegan diet where they cut out all animal products, especially with children which milk and eggs would do them very good.
What are your objections to a vegan diet for children? At what age do you think they can go vegan, if that is their desire?

Apr 15, 2017
What are your objections to a vegan diet for children? At what age do you think they can go vegan, if that is their desire?
I really do not know, but was thinking perhaps if a person cuts out meat, and all animal products, that they would not have optimal health.

I would not mind being vegan, but I do not think it would be better for optimal health, and it would seem like a person would be more strong, and can heal better with meat, and animal products.

But I also would not go overboard with meat, and animal products.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

By Hannah Frishberg
May 17, 2019 | 4:52pm

Good thing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex don’t live in Belgium. Prince Harry and wife Meghan have been said to be considering raising baby Archie as a vegan, a diet Belgian doctors now say is dangerous for growing bodies.

They said parents who place their children on such restrictive diets should be prosecuted.

“It is not medically recommended and even forbidden to subject a child, especially during periods of rapid growth, to a potentially destabilizing diet,” reads the legal opinion published Thursday by The Royal Academy of Medicine of Belgium, the Telegraph first reported.

Belgian doctors said that the animal fats and amino acids found in meat and dairy, both excluded in veganism, are vital for growth. Older children could possibly tolerate a vegan diet, authorities said, but only if it were accompanied by supplements and regular medical supervision. To raise children otherwise, the authorities concluded, would be unethical.

I can understand vegetarian, but vegan is sick. Special for children.
For to be pro animals someone must not be vegan.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I really do not know, but was thinking perhaps if a person cuts out meat, and all animal products, that they would not have optimal health.

I would not mind being vegan, but I do not think it would be better for optimal health, and it would seem like a person would be more strong, and can heal better with meat, and animal products.

But I also would not go overboard with meat, and animal products.
All righty. Cant say I agree with you, but to each his own. I see a big sheet floating down from the sky...

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
A vegan can survive without supplements. I know one who did it for 11 years. In fact the o ly thing he was deficient in was vitamin B-12. And even the B-12 level was only slightly deficient.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Their desire? Proverbs 22:15 "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Proverbs 29:15 "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame."

Children don't know squat about what is good for them. It is best we tell them until they have learned something. :cool:

S

Susanna

When you’re in a position where you don’t know whether you’l live or die and you’re menu is either vegetarian/vegan or snakes/lizards/worms, you’re quite sure about one thing at first: I’m only gonna be eating greens and stuff. No way I’m gonna be eating mammals I’ve never heard of, reptiles or worse. Fast forward one week and you’ll be eating snakes like there’s no tomorrow. Haha.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
When you’re in a position where you don’t know whether you’l live or die and you’re menu is either vegetarian/vegan or snakes/lizards/worms, you’re quite sure about one thing at first: I’m only gonna be eating greens and stuff. No way I’m gonna be eating mammals I’ve never heard of, reptiles or worse. Fast forward one week and you’ll be eating snakes like there’s no tomorrow. Haha.
Can only speak for myself, but I would literally choose death before eating an animal. I reconciled that a long time ago.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
You misunderstood my post. I was not implying if the child was willing to go along with it.
But thanks for quoting the scriptures.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why would a parent want to subject their child to a dangerously unhealthy diet? Why would an adult subject themselves to such a diet that takes all of the joy out of enjoying a meal and is unhealthy as well. They mind as well take a multi-vitamin, pop a protein pill and call it good.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I have no children, but shouldn't the government only step in if the results of the childs diet put the child at risk?

Wether it is vegan or fast-food and candy... I think if the child is healthy the government should stay out of it... right?