Parents?

• Thread starter tryingtofindhim
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2009
ahh yes, as the me prayer goes,

"to me in heaven, hallowed be my name"...

"forgive me my sins as I forgive myself who sinned against myself".
Actually, I don’t think you can be completely happy until you’ve convinced yourself that you have truly repented of your sin.

S

sunshine_debbie

Actually, I don’t think you can be completely happy until you’ve convinced yourself that you have truly repented of your sin.

Is it possible that I have not repented enough for my sins? Because I can repent more, I can do more, say more, pray more, praise more. But even today I had another breakdown and could not function and was once again crying and hysterical for my husband. I think maybe God is punishing me.

Debbie

Oct 23, 2009
Is it possible that I have not repented enough for my sins? Because I can repent more, I can do more, say more, pray more, praise more. But even today I had another breakdown and could not function and was once again crying and hysterical for my husband. I think maybe God is punishing me.

Debbie
Is it possible for you to talk to a pastor? It might be the best solution.

My point was that I can sin and sin, and then decide not to sin anymore. However, I will still feel troubled about my sin until enough time has passed to convince me I was sincere. It doesn’t take very long, I don’t think.

S

sunshine_debbie

I have asked our pastor to talk with me but so far he has not responded with an answer

Debbie

Oct 23, 2009
I have asked our pastor to talk with me but so far he has not responded with an answer

Debbie
Maybe you need to find a pastor in another church.

We have at least one pastor on this website, Thaddaeus, who might try to advise you. Just send him an email. (Click your control panel and then click “Send New Message” from the list on the left. Type in “Thaddaeus” in the “Recipient Username(s)” and send him a message. Tell him I sent you, if you wish.

S

sunshine_debbie

I dont want to bother anyone, people are so busy with their lives and I am very small and insignificant and selfish with my problems

But thank you for your kind thoughts.

Debbie

Oct 23, 2009
I dont want to bother anyone, people are so busy with their lives and I am very small and insignificant and selfish with my problems

Debbie
I think Thaddaeus (Pastor Keith) enjoys helping people.

T

tryingtofindhim

Debbie
In my opinion, everyone should have at least one person they can wake up at 2 am to talk to when they need it.

S

sunshine_debbie

In my opinion, everyone should have at least one person they can wake up at 2 am to talk to when they need it.

Well thats why I come here now. This is my two am wake up call, and my 9 am and my 9 pm and I guess whatever other time I need, because except God, I have no one else.

Debbie

Oct 23, 2009
Well thats why I come here now. This is my two am wake up call, and my 9 am and my 9 pm and I guess whatever other time I need, because except God, I have no one else.

Debbie
Have faith in the Lord—he loves you and will take care of you.

C

charisenexcelcis

ahh yes, as the me prayer goes,

"to me in heaven, hallowed be my name"...

"forgive me my sins as I forgive myself who sinned against myself".
Occasionally I think, did a person mean to say what he or her said. Neither forgiving God not forgiving self has anything to do with the state of one's salvation, only a spiritual block from being able to forgive others. I am hoping that your reply was simply done too quickly rather than ignorantly.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Sunshine-debbie, as I read through your posts I see you continue to say how little value you have in yourself. It is a good thing to be humble, but being humble is about the greatness of God Our Father. Not beating yourself up. Just as you believe in God Our Father you need to believe in how beautiful , cherished, valued and Loved you are to him. He wants you to not only believe in him but to believe in his love for you. Believeing is seeing, have faith in all his promises. H is Love, his value of you, his joy in you, his son Jesus's sacrifice for you. So much more it would take a book to say. The bible is a good start.
You see, your heart and soul are out of shape, to much hurt and fear and lack of self value is the only exersize it knows. So you need to begin with the faith, Jesus's gift, and start to get in shape by exersizeing his love for you. Read his word, continually tell your self how much God loves you. Continue to say Jesus my Lord is my shield, my protector, exersize telling and claiming the love and value that God has for you.
Throw away the old self hate and the abuse and embrace the workout of Gods love.
Your Parents gave you an exersize of abuse.
God Our Father wants to give you his exersize of perfect love and value.
He will be the father to you that is perfect. He also has a wonderful sence of humor. I myself love humor.
I know you struggle now to feel and know all of the Love that Jesus and Our Father in heaven have for you. But I see it, I can feel it rushing towards you.
If you knew how much a big chiken I am you would know the mirical in just my writing this. Lots of the Holy Spirit's power here. Also his Holy spirit Is your protector and comforter.
If you are not sure where to start in the Bible psalms and the book of John I think speak volumes of Gods powerful love and protection. Also in psalms you will see how many in the past struggled with fear and sorrow also.
I also want to say that when you say that God is testing you after you try to trep forward in faith? I think it is just the world trying to discourage you. So claim the protection of Our Lord God in the name of Jesus Our Lord and savior. Command it to leave you and never return. Then ask Jesus to fill you with the protective power of his holy spirit. I am already praying this for you also.
You are so very loved by Our Father in heaven, His son Jesus and comforted by his holy spirit. God has made you perfect, have faith in this and you will see it.
Always in my prayers, God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Also sunshine debbie, I am sharing with you that which took Jesus's time in healing. He may do all of this in the blink of an eye, or over time so that it will be so well planted in you that it grows in leaps and bounds. Trust in the time Jesus takes. As far as Im concerned the more time he spends with me the happyer I am.
Smiles, hugs and God bless. pickles

T

tryingtofindhim

Debbie
Well, I'm glad you are here. I hope you can connect to someone you can get close to. :)

G

greatkraw

Debbie

WE are here to bear one another's burdens.

T

tryingtofindhim

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.