Passing Through The Fire...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Its interesting , as I read this again the message was more about our faith standing the test.
I began to think about the man who built his house on the sand verces the man who built his house on the rock. But a step further.
The scripture says, ones foundation it Jesus will stand, but how will the building hold in faith.
If your mateials are weak, the fire will consume the building yet the foundation will remain. Salvation.
I began to think about how my house would hold up against the tests of faith, and fire.
Will it remain intact?
To often we rely on our works, our acts as a testamony of our faith,as our streangth.
But I have learned that the world can rip those materials apart quickly.
Leaving one thinking, how can this be? Were not the things I did proof of faith? ( The strong house?)
It is a good witness to do good works, but the true test is faith! That no matter what burns or steals, or destroys ones house.( works)
One's faith rested always in Jesus is the material that withstands all that will try to destroy.
The best way I can try to say this is, no matter what proof, work , or witness. All can be brought down.
It is faith, that will withstand when all is taken.
In Jesus. Faith, hope, and love, these materials will stand against any assault or fire.
When the imperfect passes, the perfect comes.

in Jesus, God bless. pickles

L

lighthousejohn

Its interesting , as I read this again the message was more about our faith standing the test.
I began to think about the man who built his house on the sand verces the man who built his house on the rock. But a step further.
The scripture says, ones foundation it Jesus will stand, but how will the building hold in faith.
If your mateials are weak, the fire will consume the building yet the foundation will remain. Salvation.
I began to think about how my house would hold up against the tests of faith, and fire.
Will it remain intact?
To often we rely on our works, our acts as a testamony of our faith,as our streangth.
But I have learned that the world can rip those materials apart quickly.
Leaving one thinking, how can this be? Were not the things I did proof of faith? ( The strong house?)
It is a good witness to do good works, but the true test is faith! That no matter what burns or steals, or destroys ones house.( works)
One's faith rested always in Jesus is the material that withstands all that will try to destroy.
The best way I can try to say this is, no matter what proof, work , or witness. All can be brought down.
It is faith, that will withstand when all is taken.
In Jesus. Faith, hope, and love, these materials will stand against any assault or fire.
When the imperfect passes, the perfect comes.

in Jesus, God bless. pickles
Margaret,

This was excellent. Good questions that we all should ask ourselves. Is my house built on the rock of Jesus or on the sands of worldly belief. Where is my faith and will it stand the test of time.

Well done!

In Christ,
John

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Faith works by love.

Faith, hope, and love, these three abide, but of these three, love is the greatest. Love never fails.

The one who is perfected in love has no fear, because fear involves punishment.

God is love.