Pastor and mental health advocate dies by suicide 😥

• Thread starter CozHElivesIcanface2morrow
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I don't know about that. The doctrine on suicide is a pretty deep grey area. There are some very great and holy people who believe suicide is a sign of being unregenerate.

To be clear, I'm not one of those people and I don't doubt pride influences some in reaching these conclusions.

this 'going to hell' stuff from 'Christians' comes from people who have forgotten their own salvation and the fact that they have done nothing of note to enter heaven on their own

7seasrekeyed

I don't know about that. The doctrine on suicide is a pretty deep grey area. There are some very great and holy people who believe suicide is a sign of being unregenerate.

To be clear, I'm not one of those people and I don't doubt pride influences some in reaching these conclusions.

you lost me at 'great and holy' people

glad to learn you are not one ;)

yes I know suicide is not a black and white issue

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Only those who have experienced the inner prison of depression can understand it. The anguish of condemnation of depressed mood are a sign of heavy spiritual oppression, and often deceiving spirits or tormenting sources in life, mental emotional or physical, or social. Those who have experience with this know that enemies target those they consider a threat. Even Jesus experienced this anguish, and the Apostle John. What reality did this represent?
Only God has authority to justify (save) sanctify (spiritually day by day) or to condemn.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
:( "Before his death, he tweeted, “Loving Jesus doesn’t always cure suicidal thoughts.”

That is so terribly sad. God have mercy and comfort everyone who grieves this tragic loss.
I think this a reminder for us all. If we notice our friends or family appear to be going through something but they're quiet about it, take the time to ask them directly, are you alright?
According to his tweet, he was focusing on his love for Jesus rather than focusing on Jesus’ love for him. Monumental difference.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
According to his tweet, he was focusing on his love for Jesus rather than focusing on Jesus’ love for him. Monumental difference.
A monumental difference indeed. Still for his wife and family what a tragic loss. And his last tweet, "Loving Jesus doesn’t always cure suicidal thoughts.” " is so very sad. God rest his soul to peace.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Sept. 19th Pastor Jarrid Wilson’s wife celebrates his first ‘birthday in heaven’ after suicide

Sept. 16th
Jarrid Wilson's wife shares Bible verse late husband sent before his death: 'It's speaking to my heart'

"On Instagram, she revealed that her husband, who was 30 when he chose to end his life after a lifelong battle with depression and anxiety, had sent her a photo of Philippians 4:6-7 just months before his untimely death.
The verse reads: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." "

Save for the grace of God there go I. God's mercy surround everyone in this tragedy. God's peace be upon your soul Mr.Wilson.