Pepsi company using fetal stem cells for flavor?!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
D

djness

PEPSI IS PEOPLE????!!!!

D

djness

V

violakat

I'm afraid that this would somehow not surprise me, since they do use or at one time did use aborted fetuses in vaccination shots. I would like to see the evidence though, if this is true.

Jul 24, 2010
*facepalm* Wow people are gullible. Considering how ridiculously hard it is to allow stem cells to be accessed for research, why on earth would you believe for a second a soda company can acquire them for flavor enhancers? Especially when the FDA would never allow it since cannibalism is illegal... meaning no human tissue consumption allowed at all? A little common sense goes a long way.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2010
*facepalm* Wow people are gullible. Considering how ridiculously hard it is to allow stem cells to be accessed for research, why on earth would you believe for a second a soda company can acquire them for flavor enhancers? Especially when the FDA would never allow it since cannibalism is illegal... meaning no human tissue consumption allowed at all? A little common sense goes a long way.
Grrr... ran out of time to rephrase that but still:

*facepalm* Wow people are gullible. Considering how ridiculously hard it is to allow stem cells to be accessed for research for serious medical issues, why on earth would you believe for a second a soda company can acquire them for testing flavor enhancers? A little common sense goes a long way.

V

violakat

Grrr... ran out of time to rephrase that but still:

*facepalm* Wow people are gullible. Considering how ridiculously hard it is to allow stem cells to be accessed for research for serious medical issues, why on earth would you believe for a second a soda company can acquire them for testing flavor enhancers? A little common sense goes a long way.
Actually, it's government funded research that's nearly impossible. Private funded is not.

Aug 2, 2009
Ok...I've read most of what is on Snopes website (they debunk urban myths).
Thanks to Mori for providing the link to Snopes (above).

What it basically says on Snopes' website...

It basically says that this company which Pepsi has signed into a partnership with (Senomyx) is using fetal stem cells to TEST its flavor enhancers.

There is solid proof of this in a document that the company published in a respected scientific serial thats been around since 1914 called "The Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences of The United States of America".

Here is a link to the "incriminating" document from Senomyx (a.k.a. 'the smoking gun'):
Human receptors for sweet and umami taste

The link to the article on Snopes:
snopes.com: Pepsi Uses Fetal Cells?

So, in a nutshell...
Pepsi's flavor-developing partners are using embryonic kidney cells from aborted fetuses to TEST their flavor enhancement products.

Last edited:
M

mori

Pepsi's flavor-developing partners are using embryonic kidney cells from aborted fetuses to TEST their flavor enhancement products.
As I read it, they're using a cell line derived from embryonic kidney cells harvested in 1972. This is perhaps not completely acceptable, but it's less abhorrent than continuing to harvest them.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
yeah....and they're also using mind control drugs from the planet Romulus:rolleyes:

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
As I read it, they're using a cell line derived from embryonic kidney cells harvested in 1972. This is perhaps not completely acceptable, but it's less abhorrent than continuing to harvest them.
Eeeewww....>.<

dscherck

Banned [Reason: persistent, ongoing Catholic heres
Aug 3, 2009
Tell that to the baby who's kidneys provided the cell line.

M

mori

Tell that to the baby who's kidneys provided the cell line.
I think the baby, were it able to agree with anything, would agree that one harvest is less abhorrent than even just two. Or would it disagree? On what basis? I guess I'm confused by what you're trying to say here - that once that one baby was used for research, additional babies don't actually worsen the situation?

Or is this just meant to be a snarky one-liner?

V

violakat

I think the baby, were it able to agree with anything, would agree that one harvest is less abhorrent than even just two. Or would it disagree? On what basis? I guess I'm confused by what you're trying to say here - that once that one baby was used for research, additional babies don't actually worsen the situation?

Or is this just meant to be a snarky one-liner?
I think he meant, that the baby never had a chance for life, do to abortion. And that people are benefitting from abortion, instead of stopping it. Or at least, that's how I'm taking that statement.

M

mori

I guess I'm just wondering what that has to do with what I said.

To rephrase: what I'm about to say might not completely exonerate Pepsi et al., but a lot of people seem to be thinking that there is a constant harvest and these cells are going into drinks. That is not the case, which should make some people a little happier about their understanding of the situation. I'm not defending the initial use, and even indicate it might be somewhat abhorrent, but less so than what some were imagining.

M

mori

(I have to add I'm more than a little amused a Catholic is apparently recommending necromancy. I thought they were clearer about that in catechesis.)