PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FEELINGS TOWARD MY SISTER

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SimpleyLovely

I am having such a hard time with my relationship with my sister. We argue all the time and only seem to get along because we live in the same house. I am 20 and still living at home, being a full time student, and unfortunately lost my job earlier this year. My sister is 18 and we could not be more different.

My sister seems to have completely dedicated her life to being someone she is not at heart. She talks with fake accents when she is around her friends and dresses as if she is promiscuous. I see how it affects my mother and I hate it. Over the years my sister has put my mom through so much that now she lets more stuff go than she used to because there is no more fight in her so she just prays as hard as she can. Everything from stealing the car 3 times, to drugs, to skipping school, to sex and so much more has really brought sorrow to my mother's heart.

Here is the crazy part: what ever my mom has forgiven my sister for, I can't let go. And if that’s not crazy enough for you: when I saw how much fun my sister was have I tried to do all that bad stuff too, but would always get caught so I stopped. Theses days I am all about pleasing the Lord and not bringing tears to my mother’s eyes because I will never forget her face when I told her that I had snuck out of the house. Ever since I got back on the right path I have been having some negative feelings towards my sister. Every time I have to clean the kitchen twice in a row when my sister should have, or clean up after her, or feel like I have to accept the way she talks to me, it makes me feel helpless. I feel this way because after all the things that my sister has done comes to mind and it feels like I want to see her be punished or something. I just came to this realization recently and I don't know what to do now. I feel like I should not wish hard times on her, but knowing that it would be in return for the hurt that she has caused me seems to be justification. I know it's wrong to judge her, but it hurts honestly. When I see her get away with stuff because my mom doesn't feel like dealing with it, it hurts me for some reason. I take my mom's feelings into consideration in everything I do, but my sister just wants more and more and more leaving less for me when it comes to my mom's energy to show affection, to hang out, to help me with my problems. I feel like I am getting less of my mother because she is so focused on my sister or mad at my sister for something.

I don't know if that is jealousy or being judgmental or what. I don't wish anything bad for my sister, but I do wish that I could see her get disciplined for some of the things that she does. Where do I go from here? What do I do from here? I have found one scripture in the bible that says,

"Because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his child." (NIV) Hebrews 12:6.

I would love to find more like this. Please help me find some more places in the bible that would help me. Yours prayers would be so greatly appreciated. SORRY SO LONG, but thanks for taking the time to read it.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I will pray that you can forgive her. Also my dds have gone through something simular. Her younger sister told me that she wanted her older sister to be her sister, not her mom. Big sisters tend to do this without realizing that they are. smiles and God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I do want to add. Your sister is very blessed to have a sister who wants to love and care for her so much. God bless, pickles

S

SimpleyLovely

Thank you so much for your support I really do appreciate that.