poll: does God protect his children from 'wordly' troubles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thefightinglamb

Just wanted to ask if you all believe that Christians are protected from worldly woes?

Examples: Do you believe that all Christians are protected from rape or sometimes does innocence get trespassed? I ask this because in Bible study tonight a girl told of how she was abused by her father when she was young....(we were asking the tough question tonight, of "where were you God when _______ happened?"

The church I have attended regularly prays that the 'land of goshen' blessing remain over the church...meaning that while the world suffers from loss of jobs, a recession, et cetera that the Lord would continue to make them fruitful even as Egypt was stricken with curses but Goshen still had plenty...

I am on the fence on this in my life. I see in Revelations that those who refuse to get the mark of the beast won't be allowed to buy or sell, so they probably will experience both want and hardship....just like someone I knew to be Christian was fired from her public high school job....

BUT---I also believe that prayer does have power and that He will guard and guide us by his loving hand. Sometimes we do not see why we are laid off or fired, but we must trust that in God's Almighty plan there is purpose to all of our live's woes....

So I am throwing the question to you the reader--

Do Christians and Heathens suffer wordly woes--or are Christians excused from suffering physical or wordly wants?

God bless
tony

ps. Yes, I know this is similiar to 'prosperity gospel threads'....but I am focusing more on if woes only befall the wicked...

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Whether we do or we don't is not for us to decide, but rather that we know that whatever happens to us, it is God's will. As Paul said, we need to learn to be content in riches or in destitution, youth or in age, in being blessed or in being scourged.

I believe that God brings to us what He sees is needed to bring us to completion and maturity in Christ.

S

silverwind

Jesus said 'in this world you will have troubles, but take heart, i have overcome the world'.

No one is exempt. Everyone at some time in life will have troubles. Since the fall of man such has been the case. Who suffered unjustly? Jesus himself.

Unfortunately innocent children suffer because of the sinfulness of mankind. So ... troubles=the result of sin.

The question is, how strong are we while we go through troubles... do we immediately blame God? or do we pray for stronger faith, so that nothing can separate us from His love..and so that we can help others who experience similar things?!

M

Mich223

I think some humans suffer like Job did in the bible. Satan is a part of the world and because of this there is suffering. We just have to pray to God and hope that he will alleviate the fears and suffering that mankind is apt to go through from time-to-time. It can't hurt to pray for God's guidance.

C

Credo_ut_Intelligam

John 16:33 ... in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Philippians 1:29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,

1 Peter 4:19 Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.

Last edited:
L

lighthousejohn

Just wanted to ask if you all believe that Christians are protected from worldly woes?

Examples: Do you believe that all Christians are protected from rape or sometimes does innocence get trespassed? I ask this because in Bible study tonight a girl told of how she was abused by her father when she was young....(we were asking the tough question tonight, of "where were you God when _______ happened?"

The church I have attended regularly prays that the 'land of goshen' blessing remain over the church...meaning that while the world suffers from loss of jobs, a recession, et cetera that the Lord would continue to make them fruitful even as Egypt was stricken with curses but Goshen still had plenty...

I am on the fence on this in my life. I see in Revelations that those who refuse to get the mark of the beast won't be allowed to buy or sell, so they probably will experience both want and hardship....just like someone I knew to be Christian was fired from her public high school job....

BUT---I also believe that prayer does have power and that He will guard and guide us by his loving hand. Sometimes we do not see why we are laid off or fired, but we must trust that in God's Almighty plan there is purpose to all of our live's woes....

Do Christians and Heathens suffer wordly woes--or are Christians excused from suffering physical or wordly wants?

God bless
tony

ps. Yes, I know this is similiar to 'prosperity gospel threads'....but I am focusing more on if woes only befall the wicked...
Jesus tells us that we will have trials in our lives as well as tribulations and persecutions. We will also have the same earthly desires as all mankind. The difference between the believer and the non-believer is Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

What we as believers do when we ar in a trial or are being tempted or persecuted is different than what the non-believer does. Where they submit we surrender to Christ. Where they fall, we are lifted up by the Holy Spirit. Even if we fail, Jesus is still there to carry us.

In Christ,
John

G

greatkraw

"FOOTPRINTS" says it all

L

lightbliss

Jesus said 'in this world you will have troubles, but take heart, i have overcome the world'.

No one is exempt. Everyone at some time in life will have troubles. Since the fall of man such has been the case. Who suffered unjustly? Jesus himself.

Unfortunately innocent children suffer because of the sinfulness of mankind. So ... troubles=the result of sin.

The question is, how strong are we while we go through troubles... do we immediately blame God? or do we pray for stronger faith, so that nothing can separate us from His love..and so that we can help others who experience similar things?!
Well said.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

It rains on the righteous and the unrighteous

Y

yahweh_is4me

I could not have said it better myself !! The joy of the Lord if our Strength He is always faithful .....We just have to cling closer to HIM while we are going through our storms .. Keep our eyes on HIM .. He will see us through it.. I know its hard I am going through this now ..but my LORD his holding me in his arms...!

May 21, 2009
John the baptist had his head chopped off. Paul was beaten many times and wrote lots of the bible when he was in jail. The bible clearly says bad things will happen to Christians because they live in this world of evil.

The point is that if a Christian will keep holding onto to God even when a bad thing happens God will help them.

Its not cool to think of John having his head cut off. But he went to heaven and didn't have to bother with this evil world any more.

And he brought many souls to Christ while he was alive.

Put Satan under your feet and help fight the evil.

E

ed

God bless
tony

Hi,
Job 7:17 "What is man that you make so much of him, that you give him so much attention, that you examine him every morning and test him everey moment.............(...20. .....O watcher of men"
My life in Jesus Christ has taught me that you can't be saved until you are in trouble and we can't trust in Him (believe in Him) until we have been saved sufficiently often enough from worse and worse situations, to finally say, I believe (I trust) in God Almighty and in His Son, my saviour Jesus Christ.
No one learns to trust (believe) in God and Jesus from an academic teaching. We learn through real lessons in the real world. Christ often takes me out of my comfort zone, that is where I really start to learn. Whenever you are tested , praise God and give thanks.
walk in love
edwin

pickles

Apr 20, 2009

God bless
tony

As to wether we suffer from the worldly woes? In the world we will.

The question, or truth I am seeking in recient days?
Do we need to suffer the worldly woes, because if we are in Jesus is Lord, the goal is to overcome the world in Jesus. So that the world woes no longer have any hold on us in Jesus.
I think this is the question we need to ask.
God bless, pickles

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
As to wether we suffer from the worldly woes? In the world we will.

The question, or truth I am seeking in recient days?
Do we need to suffer the worldly woes, because if we are in Jesus is Lord, the goal is to overcome the world in Jesus. So that the world woes no longer have any hold on us in Jesus.
I think this is the question we need to ask.
God bless, pickles

You are right, Pickles, we should not suffer worldly woes, because we are not of the world. But we will suffer, only for Christ. As Paul said, filling up that which is lacking in the suffering of Jesus. This brings Him great, unbelievable glory in heaven. And we suffer the cross of Christ.

Some suffer in the world, for many reasons. But these are many times more blessed than those who do not.

God's kingdom works differently than we imagine.

Blessings in Him sister

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are right, Pickles, we should not suffer worldly woes, because we are not of the world. But we will suffer, only for Christ. As Paul said, filling up that which is lacking in the suffering of Jesus. This brings Him great, unbelievable glory in heaven. And we suffer the cross of Christ.

Some suffer in the world, for many reasons. But these are many times more blessed than those who do not.

God's kingdom works differently than we imagine.

Blessings in Him sister
Thankyou VW, Ive been struggling over this alot the last few weeks. Wondering why the hurt from another should be forgiven and forgotten. Asking Jesus this, Im not to let any of these things cause me sorrow? The answer Ive been getting is that saddness is OK, but mourn and move forward. Wether they change or not.
Just when one gets comfortable , Jesus says, pruning time again. :eek:
I wonder if Jesus gives a rest to us every six years as given in scriptures about letting the field rest? :D
God bless, pickles

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Thankyou VW, Ive been struggling over this alot the last few weeks. Wondering why the hurt from another should be forgiven and forgotten. Asking Jesus this, Im not to let any of these things cause me sorrow? The answer Ive been getting is that saddness is OK, but mourn and move forward. Wether they change or not.
I wonder if Jesus gives a rest to us every six years as given in scriptures about letting the field rest? :D
God bless, pickles

One of the biggest differences between us and the world is in our hearts, maybe the only real difference. Everyone gets hurt. Everyone. But when we are hurt before the wonderful work that God does in our hearts, we close up, shut the doors, and build walls to protect ourselvs from further hurt. And if someone begins to hurt us, we strike back, returning hurt for hurt. But that is not who we are now. When one closes up to keep from hurt, they also close up to God, because He would know us in the deepest parts, where the hurt is the most severe. But we open up to Him, and ask Him to come on, even to the very depths of our hearts, to shine the light of His love in us. And so we become vunerable again, just as little children. And we will suffer hurt, but it is in His name.

In His love

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Amen VW, this is even more than what you speak to. Jesus is showing me that it is not the person, but the powers and principals of evil.
In seeing all situations in this way it is easy to forgive the person. And to know a freedom in Jesus I never knew possible.
My struggle is simply, I want this healed, and I need to accept that it is not only not up to me, but that if I accept this in Jesus, these things should no longer afflict me.
I want this freedom in Jesus, but the fleshy part wants to be vindicated.
I know what we are called to do.
Im just kicking and screaming as I am set on this path. smiles
The great love of God Our Father overcomes everything, in Jesus we live this.
sigh....
Like I said, pruning is sometimes hard, but only because one makes it.
In Jesus, God bless. pickles

E

ed

God bless, pickles
Hi,
We are called to be holy just as He is Holy. Can you imagine how many times God and Jesus have suffered at the hands of those He loves. You are called not only to forgive them but to treat them as a dear and much loved one, not counting their trespasses against you. Put yourself into the shoes of a person who is deeply in love with another. Then think how much you forgive that loved one when they cause you a hurt. Surely you rush to them and tell them it is forgotten, a trifle and almost beg them not to be upset because you were upset. You are completely and utterly over the initail hurt and are back simply loving them. We are to be of the one mind.
This plainly illustrates how much we need these lessons so we can be Holy as He is Holy. It is not a road for the self willed or for cowards.
walk in love
edwin

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Amen VW, this is even more than what you speak to. Jesus is showing me that it is not the person, but the powers and principals of evil.
In seeing all situations in this way it is easy to forgive the person. And to know a freedom in Jesus I never knew possible.
My struggle is simply, I want this healed, and I need to accept that it is not only not up to me, but that if I accept this in Jesus, these things should no longer afflict me.
I want this freedom in Jesus, but the fleshy part wants to be vindicated.
I know what we are called to do.
Im just kicking and screaming as I am set on this path. smiles
The great love of God Our Father overcomes everything, in Jesus we live this.
sigh....
Like I said, pruning is sometimes hard, but only because one makes it.
In Jesus, God bless. pickles

Ultimately, the struggle to be in Christ, always. For in Him, these things do not exist. But Jesus had the same struggle. How many times did He ask, "Why can you not hear Me?" hear we see the living word of God, through which all things exist, and they cannot understand what He is saying. It was because the god of this world had blinded them. We know that it hurt, when they could not understand, whenthey called Him a liar, said He had a demon, tried to kill Him. But what about when they followed Him, simply because He feed them? How many times did it say that He did not commit to them?

This may sound strange, but I am overjoyed that you share in this struggle.

Vic

R

Redeemed79

We are IN the world but not OF the world so of course we suffer just as those in the world. The difference is that we are overcomers by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. This is what shows the world the hope we have in Jesus! If my suffering does anything to show an unbeliever that I have hope beyond this world and its woes then AMEN. Rejoice when trials and tribulations come upon you, we do not suffer in vain nor do we labour in vain.