POLL Married folks: Are (were) you happier married than when you were single??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Married folks: Are (were) you happier married than when you were single??

• YES - I am (was) happier in marriage

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NO - I was happier when I was single

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • SAME - marriage did not change my happy level

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2009
Please wait for the poll.

Married folks: Are (were) you happier married than when you were single??

J

Jullianna

I was happier when I was married. Not that I'm really unhappy now or anything. :) I'm not married now so I didn't know if I was allowed to answer the poll, so I didn't. :)

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I'm happier now that I'm married. I've always wanted to be married and have children, this is where I feel God wants me. And if it weren't for my husband I'd probably still be a pot smoking lost person.

Aug 2, 2009
I was happier when I was married. Not that I'm really unhappy now or anything. :) I'm not married now so I didn't know if I was allowed to answer the poll, so I didn't. :)
Yes, that's why I put (were) in the title. It wouldn't let me type out "Married or formerly married folks" because it was too long.

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
Was married, not for long, and the circumstances kinda weren't the best, nor were they my will, and some people here know my story in that regard, so I picked other. I'll get married again someday, and I'll let you know then ;)
I've always wanted to be married, and be a mom... My time will come, and I'm sure I'll be happy then :)
I'm definitely happy to have motherhood coming on though, my little girl is more than a blessing to me. :)

Z

zaoman32

Same for me. Just as unhappy married as not, though in two entirely different ways. Either way, I guess that should have been a sign that something was wrong :p

call me crazy but I still want to get married, still something close to my heart

M

MissCris

I voted yes, however...

I was sorta miserable being single. I was sorta miserable in my first marriage. I was sorta miserable after that ended, and I was sorta miserable for a long time after I married my husband.

Common denominator here was ME. It was mainly my attitude and a serious lack of a real relationship with Christ. Once I got myself straightened out, I was much happier- and I just happened to "fix" that stuff while married.

On a side note- I find that my life is certainly more fulfilling, being married, but that largely has to do with marriage and kids being what I feel is my calling.

P

Powemm

I was married for 15 years .. I loved being married , loved serving my partner .. and was committed .. However because of my lack of a relationship with Christ and God? I could not withstand certain things in the relationship as well as being a contributing factor for the breakdown of it .. I have come into a relationship with god since that breakdown.. I will say this .. you can do nothing without god .. Right now I am content with whatever plan God has .. If he chooses to bring a partner , I am better prepared .. Till such .. I will continue to let him prepare me

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shouryu

Zao... you're crazy... hehe
Get yourself hitched to someone for a few years, and he won't seem crazy, he'll suddenly seem wise. If the relationship isn't solid, anyhow. If you are so blessed as not to experience a poor long-term commitment, then you are truly blessed indeed.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I think for most humans wanting a partner to get through life with is a common thing. If you find someone who you can stand for a few decades you're pretty lucky. I have to say there are times I'd like to be able to turn my hearing off when my husband is speaking, he can do that to me. I'm not sure how, I think they call it selective hearing.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
I had voted other. I have been married almost 34 years. I have never been single in the really sense. But with him gone most of the time etc. etc. I felt single.

I married my high school sweet heart and had a baby within 3 days of our first anniversary. We had lots of downs and it was hard. We did not have God in our marriage, though I knew God existed, so he was in my life and during all the hard times, God is who gave me strength to be the best mom possible.

Fast forward to now, things aren't perfect but since I have had the filling of the spirit with a blessing of healing, God is still working in my life. My husband and daughters are now listening to me about what God has done in my life and they are starting to believe me. So as long as I have God, marriage or no marriage, I will always be happy.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
uhm.....missed the edit opportunity...I am happier married when God is working on in the marriage. :)

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
Get yourself hitched to someone for a few years, and he won't seem crazy, he'll suddenly seem wise. If the relationship isn't solid, anyhow. If you are so blessed as not to experience a poor long-term commitment, then you are truly blessed indeed.
Lol, I said Zao is crazy because in his post he said "call me crazy"... I'm just fine with him wanting to get married again, I'd love to get married again as well, so I'm just as crazy :)
God saw it fit to put me in a poor short-term commitment, but I learned from it, and I'm moving on :)

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys...

Jul 25, 2005
I'm not married so my experience/maturity level would not give me enough clearance to respond.

But yeah, I'm much more happy now than I was when I was single.

J

Jullianna

I'm not married so my experience/maturity level would not give me enough clearance to respond.

But yeah, I'm much more happy now than I was when I was single.
Your pics with your beautiful lady on Facebook show how happy you are! It truly blesses me to see you so happy! :)

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
I would have told you I was happy when I was married, but the truth is that I was miserable. The marriage was crumbling, and I was made to believe that it was all my fault. Getting divorced was an extremely painful process, one that I never want to go through again. Daily life is harder now, but I am healthier and happier now that I am free.

To describe what this is like, I use an analogy of a cancerous diseased arm that needed to be amputated to save my life. Of course I miss having an arm. But it was killing me so I am glad it's gone. It just takes a while to adjust.

Sep 6, 2013
I was happy married. I'm still not sure how much of my marriage was actually real though. I think I'd rather be happy single and know it's real, than happy married not realizing it's a lie. If that makes sense. (Either way, I've always been a positive, happy person.)