Pope admits priests kept nuns as sex slaves

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

sweet, little one, in the Bible, is it is called being 'blinded'...

Yes but maybe it’s just me, I cannot honestly understand how a person can
read and study the bible - a catholic priest for example - and still be so blind.
You would think some chink of light would get through somehow.

It’s like someone coming along and taking the blindfold off but the person
still won’t open their eyes.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Yes but maybe it’s just me, I cannot honestly understand how a person can
read and study the bible - a catholic priest for example - and still be so blind.
You would think some chink of light would get through somehow.

It’s like someone coming along and taking the blindfold off but the person
still won’t open their eyes.
In my church most believers don't give a darn about Catholics, but I am different -- I do care about them. Of course I don't approve of those Catholics who lead a sinful life -- I'm talking about God fearing Catholics.

Some six years ago I sat next to a Catholic deacon on a plane and we talked a lot about God. A few months earlier I had undergone a thyroid cancer treatment and was not sure about its success, and I asked the deacon to pray for me. He was happy I was treating him as a brother in Christ and said: "This very evening I will -- together with other church members -- pray for you ". I felt in my heart they would pray for me with great faith, and I think they really did. A year ago my doctor told me she was sure my cancer would recur in less than two years (the tumor was too big). She added: "You won the greatest lottery prize."

Wouldn't it be nice to see those beautiful cathedrals being used to preach the true word of God? I would love to see a total reform in the Catholic Church, but I know it will always be a dream.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Pope calls for action on sexual abuse.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Pope Pius XII, Accused of Turning Blind Eye to the Holocaust
Some Jews have accused Pius, who reigned from 1939 to 1958, of turning a blind eye to the Holocaust during World War Two by not speaking out forcefully ■ The archives will open on March 2, 2020

Reuters and Ofer Aderet Mar 04, 2019 2:20 PM

Pope Pius XII, wearing the ring of St. Peter, raises his right hand in a papal blessing
at the Vatican, September 1945.AP

Pope Francis announced on Monday that he has decided to open fully the Vatican's secret archives on the wartime pontificate of Pope Pius XII, something which Jews have been seeking for decades.
Some Jews have accused Pius, who reigned from 1939 to 1958, of turning a blind eye to the Holocaust during World War Two by not speaking out forcefully. The Vatican has said Pius worked quietly behind the scenes to save Jews and so as to not worsen the situation for many, including for Catholics in parts of Nazi-occupied Europe.