PRAISING GOD!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Setting aside the disputations, let us join together THIS DAY to praise God!

Psalms

1 .) O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. 2 .) Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Psalms

1 .) Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 2 .) Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. 3 .) Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 4 .) Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 5 .) Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 6
.) Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I think we should behave to each other politely and with brotherly love every day, not just "this" day.

Calling many people hypocrites one day and, because it is Sunday, to act differently, is not what I would recommend....

Psalms are beautiful, though :)

J

jaybird88

1 Kings 8 22-26

22 Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel and spread out his hands toward heaven, 23 and said, “O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven above or on earth beneath, keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart; 24 you have kept with your servant David my father what you declared to him. You spoke with your mouth, and with your hand have fulfilled it this day. 25 Now therefore, O Lord, God of Israel, keep for your servant David my father what you have promised him, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man to sit before me on the throne of Israel, if only your sons pay close attention to their way, to walk before me as you have walked before me.’ 26 Now therefore, O God of Israel, let your word be confirmed, which you have spoken to your servant David my father.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

[video=youtube;LuvfMDhTyMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvfMDhTyMA[/video]​

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I think we should behave to each other politely and with brotherly love every day, not just "this" day.

Calling many people hypocrites one day and, because it is Sunday, to act differently, is not what I would recommend....

Psalms are beautiful, though :)
That's ok with me, mayhaps you will remember to post such comments on the Threads of those who demean and degrade people who disagree with their ideologies as well? You know, the OSAS'ers, and the Calvinists and especially those who rant against women being Pastors! Will be interesting to see if you do, or if you just reserve these type of comments for me? I don't mind though, because I agree we SHOULD be able to treat each other in such a way every day.........but, the reality is that here on CC, that is a pipe dream.

Now, as for your criticism, I suppose you would say the same to Christ Himself? No, I am not anywhere NEAR to being what Christ is, but He surely did not hesitate to call out the Hypocrites and dress them down in no uncertain terms...........AND He did not hesitate to take time to praise God the Father!

Read Matthew, Chapters 21 - 23 to understand what I am saying.

(from Chpt. 23)

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14 .) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15 .) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
16 .) Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17 .) Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18 .) And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
19 .) Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
20 .) Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
21 .) And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
22 .) And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
23 .) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 .) Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 .) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 .) Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 .) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 .) Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 .) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 .) And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 .) Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 .) Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 .) Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 .) Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 .) That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 .) Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 .) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 .) Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 .) For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

I love Psalms as well :)