Prayer for freedom from alcohol

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
Hello and Happy Easter!

I have been working on an online Bible based stop addiction program and tomorrow is my quit date. Alcohol has been an on and off problem since the end of 2015 and in that time it's prevented me from reaching goals in different areas of my life. This online program I have attempted several times before and now id the furthest I've gotten with it.
So I ask for your prayer as I enter this hopefully new chapter of my life, rediscovering the joys of a sober life, free of addiction and getting round to all my plans that have been delayed these last few years.

Your brother in Christ.

Jason

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Hello and Happy Easter!

I have been working on an online Bible based stop addiction program and tomorrow is my quit date. Alcohol has been an on and off problem since the end of 2015 and in that time it's prevented me from reaching goals in different areas of my life. This online program I have attempted several times before and now id the furthest I've gotten with it.
So I ask for your prayer as I enter this hopefully new chapter of my life, rediscovering the joys of a sober life, free of addiction and getting round to all my plans that have been delayed these last few years.

Your brother in Christ.

Jason
What a wonderful post!

Thank you for offering yourself as an example to others who are struggling with the same issue. Alcohol is a monster . . . it is the most deceiving of drugs.

Powerful, Almighty God . . . we come to you with a sense of urgency. We ask that you would help to set Jason free of the incredible addiction and need to feel better. Father, give him the self-understanding that it is normal to desire to feel better . . . Lord, help Jason come to forgive himself if he has not already. Lord, just as we have seen so many times in your Holy Word, we ask that you would change the way he thinks, or views alcohol, so that he might be repelled just enough to give it up for good. We pray this prayer in the Name of your Powerful Son, Jesus . . . Amen.

As much as possible, try to eliminate all things that cause you misery . . . the reasons to drink. When we change our outside circumstances to become more healthy and positive, there is less need to live in a daze, watching the years pass by like cars from a ferry. Believe in yourself. In fact, learn to be confident. Healthy confidence! What is that? Healthy confidence is balanced thinking in all things relating to yourself. Truly confident people neither are in love with themselves nor do they hate themselves. They spend less time thinking of themselves and more about the well-being of others. If you learn to think more is these ways . . . your whole life will change. :D

I believe in you!

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
What a wonderful post!

Thank you for offering yourself as an example to others who are struggling with the same issue. Alcohol is a monster . . . it is the most deceiving of drugs.

Powerful, Almighty God . . . we come to you with a sense of urgency. We ask that you would help to set Jason free of the incredible addiction and need to feel better. Father, give him the self-understanding that it is normal to desire to feel better . . . Lord, help Jason come to forgive himself if he has not already. Lord, just as we have seen so many times in your Holy Word, we ask that you would change the way he thinks, or views alcohol, so that he might be repelled just enough to give it up for good. We pray this prayer in the Name of your Powerful Son, Jesus . . . Amen.

As much as possible, try to eliminate all things that cause you misery . . . the reasons to drink. When we change our outside circumstances to become more healthy and positive, there is less need to live in a daze, watching the years pass by like cars from a ferry. Believe in yourself. In fact, learn to be confident. Healthy confidence! What is that? Healthy confidence is balanced thinking in all things relating to yourself. Truly confident people neither are in love with themselves nor do they hate themselves. They spend less time thinking of themselves and more about the well-being of others. If you learn to think more is these ways . . . your whole life will change. :D

I believe in you!
Thank you for your prayer! And thank you for your kind words, reading those took me back to confidence I had more of before this alcohol problem took centre stage, where I remember a sense of joy that indeed made me think less of myself and feel more concerned for others! I certainly had a lot more balance, and being a very creative person, I channelled my energy into my love for photography, poetry, writing etc
Alcohol is a monster, you're right, it has damaged a lot of my life. There was a passion burning in me to go on missionary work, right back when the alcohol problem started and that sadly didn't happen. But I am still young and as I fix up my personal life in the coming months, I hope that passion to serve the Lord flares up again:)!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"I hope and pray this problem is overcome, and never doubt that alcohol
is cunning, baffling and powerful, and seldom controlled alone, without help.
You are welcome to check out the thread on CRA, and I pray you may find
encouragement from those of us that have been down that dark path."
'Amen'
'Thank God'

man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

CS1

May 23, 2012
Hello and Happy Easter!

Your brother in Christ.

Jason
Lord, you are the silent witness to Jason's request. he is relying on you Lord to set HIM free from this addiction. Lord Jesus, you said in your word you have come to set the captive free, Lord Jesus break this addiction on Jason as HE is calling on you. Do this for your glory Lord, and let not the devil hinder Jason from developing the gifts you have given him in worship, and music I pray in Jesus' name amen.

Apr 23, 2021
Usa
What a wonderful post!

I believe in you!
Amen. I love that I can pray along with someone!

Jason_K

Jul 7, 2017
Amen. I love that I can pray along with someone!
@CS1 @PaulHumphries777 Thank you both for your prayers! It has been almost 4 weeks now since I have drank and I doubt I would have gotten this far without my opening myself up to the "powerful effect of good people's prayer"(James 5.16):)

CS1

May 23, 2012
@CS1 @PaulHumphries777 Thank you both for your prayers! It has been almost 4 weeks now since I have drank and I doubt I would have gotten this far without my opening myself up to the "powerful effect of good people's prayer"(James 5.16):)

congratulations one day at a time

remember mile by mile it's trial yard by yard is hard but inch by inch is a cinch

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
That's awesome, Jason. Remember, you're a good person! I don't know about anyone else, but I could care less about behavior, but I more care about how one feels about themselves so as to curb unworthy behavior. It is so important that you Truly believe that you are a quality person, regardless of the things that you have done . . . and anyone that tells you otherwise . . . yikes.

Remember, Paul was a hardcore persecutor and killer of Christians. If Paul can be loved by God, certainly you can be loved by God as well.

I absolutely believe in you!

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray please set, Jason_K, free from alcohol. Lord give your strength, understanding, to say no to alcohol, and follow your path. Please bless him to overcome this alcohol, and bless your Holy name, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Amen may the lord bless you with will power Jason. And well done sofar