Prayer Request for Employment Or.......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gstan

Hi, everybody......(being the new kid on the block)

I am asking for a prayer request.....for myself.
The past year I've realized that I'm restricted from any further employment within the United States, due to bad credit. The reason I have bad credit is due to severe illnesses in the past 5 years.
I've had several blood clots.....a bout with atrial fibrilation and diverticulitis.
I WAS working in the local V.A., but thought it better for me to put in my Retirement. Being I worked for the V.A.for 15 years. Plus having worked for the State Of Floridafor 15 years.
Anyway....I put in my Retirement from the V.A. It's better I do this voluntarily.....,rather than be
"terminated" with an 'Abuse of Time' write-up on my record.
These illnesses led to my falling behind on my bills (medical included). Which in turn, did its damage to my credit.
Now, whenever I apply for ANY job, I am not hired because of my bad credit.
I'm not claiming to be a victim......no I realize that I'm 90% responsible.
I contacted the creditors in the past about theses debts, but they insisted on paying the "total" amount. Which I definitely cannot afford.
I WANT to find work, so I can start making payments on these bills. (In spite of the fact thay they want "the whole amount, at one time).
But, due to the new laws (specifically the FCRA law), ALL employers now check for credit before even considering hiring someone.
By the way......FCRA stands for Fair Credit Reporting Act
So, as it turns out, I cannot get a job with bad credit. But, I also cannot repair my bad credit without a job.
And, according to Governmental and State Laws, suicide is against the law (technically, it's against the Bible as well).
I've been praying about ....somehow....being able to get back to work.......................
But, I'm caught in the middle. Society considers people like me "trash....thieves...undesirables".
But, Society also plays the other side of the fence at the same time.......they consider it illegal to
commit suicide. They're tyring to have it both ways. Which they can't. Society doesn't want people like me around, yet they won't let go.
I know it's wrong to commit suicide....but my life , now, is that much closer to being worhtless to anyone....much less myself.
And there's no one to help with this situation. I'm having a hard time trying to handle the situation myself. And, this situation IS greater than me/myself.
Down here is Florida, it seems that everyone is supposed to be self-reliant. If you're not "self-reliant", than you're definitely on your own........."
I continue reading Proverbs daily....for the instruction it gives.
And, help finding employment is on my prayer list.

garystan

T

thefightinglamb

Dear Gstan...heart sigh....

I know what its like to owe money...I owe quite a bit in college loans...and as I just focused on seeking God and not on getting some 'finance or business' degree--so now I am quite at a loss with what to do with myself...

But God is faithful...Suicide is really NOT an option for anyone...You know this, just because YOU don't see a way out does not mean God cannot make a way...Seek him more dilligently, and if your finances/job do not work out, then they do not work out...I mean what are you gaining by worrying about it? Nothing--but worry...and worry kills faster than the plague itself....remember what Sharach, Mishhad, and Abindigo (spelling I know) said in Daniel..."If God delivers us from your furnace than good and well, but even if He chooses not to we will not bow down to you." You have to spiritually , confidently put your faith in Christ and say the same thing--that though storms and tribulations assail you--you will not bow down to the idols and gods of this world...

If I were you I would seek out the orgins of the restriction on working, and see if you cannot work something out with them...I will pray that the Lord makes a way for you...

And remember I love you, and God loves you...so keep fighting the good fight...and someday we will be in paradise.
tony

ps...Really give God everything you have now, and see what happens...remember He is rich in mercy!

T

thefightinglamb

Oh yeah,

I need a job badly too...So you can pray the Lord makes a way for me as well...

faith4life

Dec 18, 2008
I will pray for you to find work. Im confused right now. I thought Obama was supposed to change everything and make everything better? i guess he
"changed" his mind. Thats change we can believe in.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
praying, God bless. pickles

S

snowangel

GStan....don't give up....I work in a small business and they don't check possible
hiree's credit rating at all. So I encourage you to continue seeking a job....
prepare a resume, dress respectively, and show a smile and willingness to
work hard!!
Praying for you.....and many that are sharing employment concerns on here.

Trust in God
It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad. But we shouldn't lose heart,
because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember,
next time your little hut is burning to the ground it just may be a smoke signal that
summons the grace of God. For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves,
God has a positive answer for it:
YOU SAY ~ GOD SAYS---BIBLE VERSES

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible (Luke 8:27)
You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 3:34)
You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)
You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28)
You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I don't have enough faith"
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)
You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)