Prayer request for the coming year

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Just feel in need of some prayer support.

Please could people pray that I can get all the things I need to do done.

I have to get my MSc proposal by Friday and I am struggling, know what I want to write but I can't get it from brain to page.

That I would manage to work harder on the course I am doing and that I would be able to remember the stuff I need to.

I would get the books done for the accountant and everything else that is hanging over my head.

Thanks in advance

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Pilkington in this matter, yes Lord please hear and answer these prayers, in Jesus name, Amen!

K

KJ75

I pray, in the name of Jesus, that the beauty of the Lord our God would be upon Pilkington, and establish the work of her hands for her, yes, establish the work of her hands. We thank you, Father God, that you have not given her a spirit of fear but one of power and love and of a sound mind.

D

Depleted

Just feel in need of some prayer support.

Please could people pray that I can get all the things I need to do done.

I have to get my MSc proposal by Friday and I am struggling, know what I want to write but I can't get it from brain to page.

That I would manage to work harder on the course I am doing and that I would be able to remember the stuff I need to.

I would get the books done for the accountant and everything else that is hanging over my head.

Thanks in advance
Eeek! I hope "by Friday" means next Friday, not today.

Something that might get you ready to write the words. Free Writing. Write for ten minutes (time it -- a kitchen timer is always good, since you aren't mentally timing it too) without worrying about grammar or spelling. Just kind of blab all the swirling thoughts down as quickly as possible. I usually use it to catch all the stuff I want to include in the final piece, plus brainstorm a little on how each idea can be hammered out in the draft. It helps deal with the conscious and subconscious part of writing and gets it on paper (computer screen?) so you don't have to keep carrying it in your brain.

Once done, go do something halfway constructive that takes some brain power but not much. Mostly rote thoughts rather than saaaayyyy, like getting all your work ready for the accountant super-brain needs. (I usually wash dishes or fold laundry. lol)

Then come back and see what you wrote. Somewhere in it, usually not in chronological order, is your basic outline.

Also useful if your writing has the typical three-key-points form, but you're stuck on what to say about one of the points. When that happens do the same thing for that point and it does the same thing for the smaller part of the writing.

And don't think getting ready for an accountant is just another problem. That comes to your advantage. When I need to think something out on writing, but the actual thinking-it-out part gets me nowhere, making my brain work hard on something entirely unrelated is as good as sleeping on it. Even when we're not thinking of what we're trying to write, the brain works on it subconsciously. That's why some of our best ideas come when we wake up or are taking a shower. When we get out of the way for our brain, the brain can work on the problem better.

S

skylove7

Lifting Pilkington in prayer
May she be blessed with the strength and guidance she needs this New Year!
God bless you
Amen

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Thank you Depleted I am going to try your suggestions. Yes a week today not today!

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks Levi85, KJ75, and Skylove7

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
UPDATE: I have just about finished my MSc. Proposal :D. I have also made good progress with the books for the accountants and wanted to thank people for their payers and give God the Glory for the outcome

I

iveseenworse

i pray you receive patience and a clear mind to accomplish your goals.