Prayers for shooting victims in Plano Texas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I would like to ask those of you that have the heart to, to please pray for the Dunlop family. They are a former church brother and sister of my wife and I, whose son was one of the 8 people killed by a crazed man, estranged from his wife, here in Plano, Texas a few days ago.

Woody (the dad), and James had both been with our church group on our mission trips to Grenada. I know this is just devastating to them, and prayers for them to have the peace of God would be a good thing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That is truly tragic, hornetguy. My prayers for the family and friends of
this young man, and all those whose lives were impacted by the attack.

asympathycard.jpg

Dec 12, 2013
Tragic......will do......a crying shame for sure

Aug 2, 2009
Sorry to hear it was your friends' son. What a horrible tragedy. I hope the Lord grants them comfort and peace.

M

MollyConnor

Prayers for the family. I'm so sorry. I have family in the Garland area. When I heard about it on the news my heart sank. :(

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
[video]http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/category/news-crime/3729664-plano-mass-shooter-allegedly-killed-his-best-man/[/video]

Here is a short news clip that tells how James was actually the best man at the wedding of the estranged couple... it has a brief interview with my friend, Woody. His testimony is very powerful...

It's just heartbreaking to me.....

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Prayers for the family. I'm so sorry. I have family in the Garland area. When I heard about it on the news my heart sank. :(
My mom, who recently passed, grew up in Garland. She moved to Lubbock when she married my dad. My wife and I now live about 15 minutes northwest of Garland, in Allen.... but it's really almost all one big city. We're about 10 minutes away from the Southfork Ranch, where the tv series "Dallas" was filmed.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Thank you, all of you, for your prayers....

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I saw this story on Inside Edition. They think bullying may have been involved. This is one reason why there should be a zero-tolerance policy against bullying

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray with this prayer, let you be with the Dunlop family and other victims of the shooting in plano Texas, Lord you know the pain in their heart and mind, please heal them comfort them, and bless them as they need you. Lord please bless these family. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

Aboundingjoy

Sep 17, 2017
I will be lifting them up in prayers. May the Lord comfort them with peace that surpasses all understanding...

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
As an update, we had the memorial service for James Dunlop at our church building on Saturday. There were 400-500 people in attendance, with a bagpipe playing at entry and exit of the family. While it was obviously a time of sadness, it was mostly a celebration of James' life. There was a lot of laughter, hugs, and tears. Which is as it should be.

Thanks again to all who brought the family before the Father in prayer....