Predestination

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 6, 2010
Calvinistic predestination is just the idea that everything that happens, including every choice that people make and everything they do, is determined by God, according to his sovereign will and plan -- as opposed to the opposing Arminian view of free will, that people have free will and are able to make choices on their own apart from God's influence.

Calvinism is usually delineated according to the acrostic TULIP: Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of the Saints (i.e. Eternal Security). The opposite view, Arminianism, consists of the five opposing viewpoints: Free Will, Conditional Election, Unlimited Atonement, Resistible Grace, and Conditional Security.

According to my understanding of scripture, Calvinism and Arminianism both get some things right and some things wrong: neither is in the truth.

Your approach is the correct one. Doctrines of men may at times be correct; and, just the same, they may at times be incorrect. Ultimately the authority rests in scripture.

Thank you trust,

I will keep this for future reference

Regards
Devolution