proverbs 16:31

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yaeger1

do you guys think jesus had white hair on the cross???

D

Definition_Christ

No. I don't think so at that time. Jesus was crowned with His glory later on. John saw a vision of Him in Revelations.

Revelation 1
12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
13 and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.
14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.
15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.
16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

So that is just really interesting and it's cool you brought up proverbs 16:31
The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,
If it is found in the way of righteousness.

Sounds like John's description in revelation to me.

M

MaggieMye

WHy would it matter?

Y

yaeger1

well in my eyes to see i man you claimed to be the son of god and have white hair by the age we was on the cross it would its self look bad on there part see how god choses who gets white hair

Y

yaeger1

sorry if when i talk i sound bad theses are my private thoughts

M

MaggieMye

There is nothing in scripture that indicates what color his hair was at any time of His life. Better to focus on His CHARACTER, rather than His physical attributes. Scripture does tell us that He wasn't much to look at per Is 53:2
Maggie

C

Cup-of-Ruin

No. I don't think so at that time. Jesus was crowned with His glory later on. John saw a vision of Him in Revelations.

Revelation 1
12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
13 and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.
14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.
15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.
16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

So that is just really interesting and it's cool you brought up proverbs 16:31
The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,
If it is found in the way of righteousness.

Sounds like John's description in revelation to me.
It's called Metaphor.

Status
Not open for further replies.