Rain...Rain... Pray away!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Ok brothers and sisters. A large portion of America needs our prayers, love, and all kinds of other support. I don't believe it is too late to pray away this awful storm that is headed to the U.S. southeast. Can you imagine the joy we would have if the Lord heeded our prayer and this imminent storm goes out to see?!!

Having said that, and earnestly praying that happens, it may be that many people will need help. If you are in this danger zone, and have a specific prayer or any other kind of request, please let it be known. Also keep us informed of events on the ground as you are able.Be blessed and safe!!

Dear Heavenly Father, we come before You with hearts full with Your love and Grace. We ask that you show the world Your Mighty Hand, and with the slightest breath of Your Nostril, cause this storm to go harmlessly out to sea. We know Father that not a sparrow falls that is not of Your Will, so if it be Your Will not to accomplish this thing, we ask that You put a hedge of protection around Your Children, and keep people safe. We ask this in Your Son's awesome Name.

M

Miri

Lord we ask that you will protect your people from this storm
and maybe I’m wrong to say this but Lord if it is your will that it
hits land. I pray that your people will be a shining testimony to you
That they will show love and care to their neighbours and many
testimonies of the mercy and goodness of God will come out of this.

Dec 12, 2013
A serious question......Should we not just pray for the Father's will to be done.....?

The bible states clearly that God has his way in the whirlwind<--look this word up. If it is God's will that the U.S. suffer punitive damage as a warning to turn from our current path are we not praying against the will of God if we pray against this storm?

I know MANY will argue against my point, but my point rings solid and true....Jesus said to pray the Father's will be done....

I wonder how many times do we pray against the will of God when it comes to many things in our lives.....?

Not being mean here or anything...just bringing up points to ponder.......

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
H
A serious question......Should we not just pray for the Father's will to be done.....?

The bible states clearly that God has his way in the whirlwind<--look this word up. If it is God's will that the U.S. suffer punitive damage as a warning to turn from our current path are we not praying against the will of God if we pray against this storm?

I know MANY will argue against my point, but my point rings solid and true....Jesus said to pray the Father's will be done....

I wonder how many times do we pray against the will of God when it comes to many things in our lives.....?

Not being mean here or anything...just bringing up points to ponder.......
Hey brother, I understand your point, but it sounds a little like James and John asking Jesus to call down fire on sinners. You know what Jesus' response was.

God is patient, slow to anger. Not willing any to perish. God's Will most certainly will be done. But perhaps more will turn to Him by the miraculous, rather than the calamitous.

Be blessed though. There are brothers and sisters there that need pray.

Dec 12, 2013
H
Hey brother, I understand your point, but it sounds a little like James and John asking Jesus to call down fire on sinners. You know what Jesus' response was.

God is patient, slow to anger. Not willing any to perish. God's Will most certainly will be done. But perhaps more will turn to Him by the miraculous, rather than the calamitous.

That is not my point and not comparable migo....I am not saying that we should pray for it to hit, but rather if it is within God's will to hit and we pray against it we are praying against God's will.....after all....judgment does begin at God's house and no one can deny that our nation as a whole has grown very base and wicked.....the sanctioned murder of 60 million babies plus alone is enough to deem judgment....just saying.....

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Yes, we should pray. I suspect that many of us who were on the original track have been praying for several days now (was previously expected to turn north upon reaching land)...
Interesting several changes have occurred: the hurricane has been downgraded, the track has changed direction, momentum and winds are expected to slow substantially upon reaching land - evidently pressures from the north have had an impact (not previously known or expected to have such counter influence)...
As a result while larger populations of people in the Virginia, DC & Maryland areas are able to breath a sigh of relief, there are now several people who will be caught off guard and potentially unable to protect themselves, their families or their personal belongings...
Yes, we absolutely should pray for those who are impacted, those who are unable to evacuate, those who may find themselves in harms way, those who are limited or ill prepared to deal with the aftermath...
Lord we pray for the well-being of our neighbors to our south. God Bless

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Pray for those in the path of the storm like you were the one in the path of the storm. Pray that in all the destruction and suffering likely to be caused by the storm that men do not hate God in their hearts but see the compassion of Gods people extending help and comfort to those who are effected by the storm.

What cost should we be willing to bear if it leads to even a single soul being saved and receiving Christ as their Savior.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
That is not my point and not comparable migo....I am not saying that we should pray for it to hit, but rather if it is within God's will to hit and we pray against it we are praying against God's will.....after all....judgment does begin at God's house and no one can deny that our nation as a whole has grown very base and wicked.....the sanctioned murder of 60 million babies plus alone is enough to deem judgment....just saying.....
Yeah, we get that. Your post is just sayin, don't ever pray.
And, with regard to those already impacted by the storm, abortion made them have it coming.

I get the name now. Adversary.
God help us. Oops, that was a prayer against God's will. :rolleyes: Know them by their frui....own words.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
H

Do we really take seriously that which condemns prayer?

I imagine there isn't one prayer thread in this forum with their name signed to it. Shall we check?
https://christianchat.com/prayer-requests/prayer-for-a-dear-friend.100638/

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah, we get that. Your post is just sayin, don't ever pray.
And, with regard to those already impacted by the storm, abortion made them have it coming.

I get the name now. Adversary.
God help us. Oops, that was a prayer against God's will. :rolleyes: Know them by their frui....own words.
No, I did not say that and since you embellished what I said to say something I did not say that makes you a .........!

I suggest proverbs 6 and pay attention to the words false witness and or liar!

Dec 12, 2013

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Psalms 107:28) Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. 29)He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. 30) Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.

Psalms 55:6) And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. 7) Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah. 8) I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.

Nahum 1:7) The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

Isaiah 25:4) For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

Psalms 27:5) For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Exodus 14:14) The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

Joshua 1:9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Psalms 91:4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Father God, we pray that You stretch forth Your hand and shield Your children from the storms that beset them. You have promised to keep and protect us in our times of danger and distress, and we ask that You shelter us beneath Your merciful wings.

In Christs name............