REMINDER: Total Lunar Eclipse in about one hour ("Blood Moon")

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Just found out about a total lunar eclipse taking place tonight and those in North and South America will be able to see it.

It starts at 12:53 AM Easter Standard Time (10:53 PM for those in Pacific Standard Time).

Enjoy!

Aug 2, 2009
I'm gonna see if I can stay awake long enough. I have a clear view of the moon right now (no clouds).

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Reflect the light of the Son...get covered by the blood.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
If you had a telescope, the moon is actually also converging with the star "Spica" (called "Tzemach" in Hebrew = "The BRANCH" like in scripture) in the constellation Virgo ("The Virgin").

Genesis 1:14

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

...it's pretty cool.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
I just came back from outside and it's taking place pretty slowly (and it's past my bedtime ha).

I tried to take couple shots and post them here but my old phone is apparently not high-tech enough to take a picture that shows the eclipsed part. Oh well.

Zeroturbulence, I'm glad you have a clear view; I had a clear view as well.

Alrite I'm outta here.

Good night and God bless.

Dec 9, 2013
Hey thanks for the post, I didn't know about it til I read this.

I am outside watching it now, we are at about half eclipse right now.