Requirements

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2009
The only requiremant that I can see from scriptures, is The Blood, has the Blood been applied?

Heb 10:19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by THE BLOOD of Jesus,

C

cornerstone

Ephesians "one body, one faith...was written in context to the church at Ephesus. Not universal.

All saved in the family of God
Not all saved in the His church
The churches were called out local assemblies.
How can a universal church discipline I corin 7
How can a universal church be "added to" and 3000 were added to the church if all saved are in the church?
If all are members of the Bride, who are the guests at the wedding supper of the Lamb?
The churches of Rev.
How does au niversal body of believers with all different doctrines( i.e. security of the believer to believe one can loose their salvation, some believe works for salvation and some believed salvation is all of grace etc. ( ever come into the unity of the faith that Paul told the Ephesians church was required?

Jan 8, 2009
Ephesians "one body, one faith...was written in context to the church at Ephesus. Not universal.
Incorrect, it is a universal statement, applied to their local situation. Paul is basically saying, "because the whole church body encompasses believers in Christ everywhere (that's universal), your own local assembly at Ephesus (that's local) should seek for unity". This is clear in verses 4 and 5 which refer to one lord and one baptism etc.. I don't think Paul was saying that Christ was only one lord of the Ephesians. It is universal.

Paul's other statements referring to the body is universal referring to Jew and gentile:
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

All saved in the family of God
Not all saved in the His church
I think there's a visible church and an invisible church body. All saved are part of the inivisble church body. The visible church includes both tares and wheat.

How can a universal church discipline I corin 7
The universal church disciples by the disciple of the many local churches joined together. Roman Catholics have a strong argument here with the way they are structured - a Pope, Cardinals, Bishops etc.

If all are members of the Bride, who are the guests at the wedding supper of the Lamb?
I think this was covered before in a past discussion. Consult any good bible commentary.

How does au niversal body of believers with all different doctrines( i.e. security of the believer to believe one can loose their salvation, some believe works for salvation and some believed salvation is all of grace etc. ( ever come into the unity of the faith that Paul told the Ephesians church was required?

All mainstream denominations do, or should, hold to the key doctrines of the faith. Many are expressed in creeds such as the Nicene or Apostle's creed.
Topics such as can you lose your salvation have no bearing on whether someone is a christian or part of the body of Christ. Two sides of the same coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.