Rethink Our Thinking To His

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
One thing I have learned through the years is not to argue about God or the word. Discuss yes argue no. It is not that I do not know the bible, I just find it a waste of time arguing. Seriously does not make me view someone's point when they get angry and most of the time start belittling or degrading me. Like suddenly am going to see it there way by their abusive nature.
Yes I said it is abusive to be verbally nasty or rude to someone . Guess what I have found out you may be wrong ? I have found that out myself, go figure. Point is it is better to agree to disagree and go on. Then pray about it and look through open eyes to see the truth. Somethings we have been taught may not be gospel. I noticed somethings passed down to others is what they were brought up to believe. But was not in the word or it was twisted.
2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” (Philippians 2:12)
Romans 12:2 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Jeremiah 9: 23-24
23 This is what the LORD says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches,
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD.
Thinking perhaps instead of trying to uplift me , uplift Christ in all things I do.

Attachments

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Hi Willow, thank you for this thread.
Yes, it seems to me when the abusiveness starts the communicating has ended.
I recall the verse, "Be still and know that I am God" , and also how a great man of God I know of said, "faith is not a building up, it is a settling down".
Recently I shared with a person Biblical guidance on receiving relief for physical ailments and that person went directly to abuse, ending communication.
bless you

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
yes it was sad, bringing to recollection another phrase from an esteemed pastor with a long successful ministry.
"if you want to go into ministry you must be prepared to have your heart broken every day", yet we all must keep our eye on the prize.
bless you

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Hi Willow, thank you for this thread.
Yes, it seems to me when the abusiveness starts the communicating has ended.
I recall the verse, "Be still and know that I am God" , and also how a great man of God I know of said, "faith is not a building up, it is a settling down".
Recently I shared with a person Biblical guidance on receiving relief for physical ailments and that person went directly to abuse, ending communication.
bless you
One thing I am learning I don't always have to be right. Also even if I am sometimes best just to give to God then offend someone.It is hard to witness to a wounded spirit.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
the wounding is often a choice the person has made to be wounded.
He came that we might walk in His power that He died to provide for us.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
One thing I am learning I don't always have to be right. Also even if I am sometimes best just to give to God then offend someone.It is hard to witness to a wounded spirit.
being right is most often living to ourselves, sharing His truth and being rejected isn't us striving to be "right"

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I was talking about those walking in themselves in not in God's spirit. We are to give the truth in love and let it at that. When it becomes about us being right and saying things in anger is when it is not of God. That is why I agree to disagree at times. But if you feel differently I understand.

C

ChristianTonyB

Quite right. I have to check myself too, because there is a tendency for me to overreact if someone offers what I perceive to be a cynical or derogatory response to a post of mine.

Evidence of maturity, which I'm obviously still working on, is that I am not easily offended by anyone not liking and rejecting my opinion.

God is particularly not impressed with me if I am combative in discussions with my family (the body of Christ).

I just need to be more careful to think through my response before I give it, checking its veracity and that it won't cause unnecessary offence, and then just put it out and let the truth, which is not necessarily in the opinion I gave, prevail.

The other insidious behaviour that confronts me, is to 'go after' someone that has attacked my opinion (or so it seemed to me) and try to undermine their credibility within the group by disliking their posts in other forums out of hand.

"Tony, it is OK for people to disagree with you, just put your opinion out there, respond cordially, and move on. Don't be argumentative."

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
yes if we are humble we won't be hurt, but instructed.
even if what replies we receive aren't sound doctrine, we will gain understanding of those failures -- by sorting out the truth from lies we gain knowledge of God, and knowing Him is eternal life.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Quite right. I have to check myself too, because there is a tendency for me to overreact if someone offers what I perceive to be a cynical or derogatory response to a post of mine.

Evidence of maturity, which I'm obviously still working on, is that I am not easily offended by anyone not liking and rejecting my opinion.

God is particularly not impressed with me if I am combative in discussions with my family (the body of Christ).

I just need to be more careful to think through my response before I give it, checking its veracity and that it won't cause unnecessary offence, and then just put it out and let the truth, which is not necessarily in the opinion I gave, prevail.

The other insidious behaviour that confronts me, is to 'go after' someone that has attacked my opinion (or so it seemed to me) and try to undermine their credibility within the group by disliking their posts in other forums out of hand.

"Tony, it is OK for people to disagree with you, just put your opinion out there, respond cordially, and move on. Don't be argumentative."
Hard sometimes I know. . Even when I know I am right. Just sigh and move on,lol!

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
One thing I have learned through the years is not to argue about God or the word. Discuss yes argue no. It is not that I do not know the bible, I just find it a waste of time arguing. Seriously does not make me view someone's point when they get angry and most of the time start belittling or degrading me. Like suddenly am going to see it there way by their abusive nature.
Yes I said it is abusive to be verbally nasty or rude to someone . Guess what I have found out you may be wrong ? I have found that out myself, go figure. Point is it is better to agree to disagree and go on. Then pray about it and look through open eyes to see the truth. Somethings we have been taught may not be gospel. I noticed somethings passed down to others is what they were brought up to believe. But was not in the word or it was twisted.
2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” (Philippians 2:12)
Romans 12:2 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Jeremiah 9: 23-24
23 This is what the LORD says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches,
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD.
Thinking perhaps instead of trying to uplift me , uplift Christ in all things I do.
Like the thread....

I also like them maters you got pics of....
Been meaning to say something before now.
There's only one way I eat fried eggs (over easy) and that's with garden tomatoes just kissed by the morning sun. Ripened to perfection.

And I need a slice for every bit of eggs....maybe just a bit more too. :giggle: