Revelation 22:16-17 ONT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Friends, the word of God from the book of Revelation.

Revelation 22:16-17 ONT (Orthodox New Testament): "I, Jesus, sent Mine angel to testify these things to you in the Churches. I am the root and offspring of David, the star, the bright one, the morning one. And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come." And let the one who heareth say," Come." And the one thirsting, let him come; and the one wishing, let him take the water of life freely." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. Come and save us. Lord have mercy upon us. Bring us to drink of the water of life freely. Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

Feb 14, 2011
Friends, the word of God from the book of Revelation.

Revelation 22:16-17 ONT (Orthodox New Testament): "I, Jesus, sent Mine angel to testify these things to you in the Churches. I am the root and offspring of David, the star, the bright one, the morning one. And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come." And let the one who heareth say," Come." And the one thirsting, let him come; and the one wishing, let him take the water of life freely." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. Come and save us. Lord have mercy upon us. Bring us to drink of the water of life freely. Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

what are you trying to tell us?( not the morning one, but the morning star )
the morning one? does not make sense.

S

Scotth1960

what are you trying to tell us?( not the morning one, but the morning star )
the morning one? does not make sense.
That is what the Greek literally says. Don't take it up with me: take it up with the translators of the ONT. I would not assume I know greek better than they do; nor that you, too, know Greek better than they do. Anyway, why quibble over words, wakeup? It is both "the morning one" and "the morning star". Isn't that what the Greek says; Greek parses things out in more words than we use in English; the ONT follows the literal sense of the Greek, precisely, ISTM (It seems to me). Anyway, I was attempting to quote a promising verse from Revelation. The water of life is the Holy Spirit, the water of life is baptism, is the Holy Spirit in baptism. We need to believe in God and be baptized (Mark 16). We need the Church (1 Tim. 3:15). We need the freely given gift of salvation which is in Christ, in the Holy Spirit, Who is the water of life. God bless you! Sincerely, Scott Harrington