Revelation Knowledge

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Revelation knowledge

Someone is always asking me how I come to understand things concerning Paul’s revelation of Christ. I have to tell you that Paul’s revelation of Christ it is the key.
It is not the key to being saved. The key to being saved is being born again. It is not the key to being filled with the Holy Spirit. Every believer receives the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.

The key to coming into the message of the Christ- life is the Holy Spirit revealing it. Sooner or later, powerful truths begin to open up to growing believers at some juncture of their individual walk with God, truths that they never knew before, truths that have to do with Christ living in humans, truths that open up a whole new world where another person lives in the believer and has been there since that believer was saved.
I remember reading Norman Grubb’s illustration of when he was first struck by the in-Christ truth. It was during one of his early trials in Africa as he was seeking and waiting before God to know Him.

He was having difficulty in corresponding with the black People, and one day the Holy Spirit, to make a long story short, just spoke to him and said, Norman that is Jesus out there running around in black bodies. This was the beginning of revelation knowlege for him.
The revelation of Jesus Christ as the life of the believer comes to everybody differently.

It cannot be pinned down to some experience you seek. It is a great experience when it first comes, you may have a feeling that is greater than any feeling or experience you have ever had. Or you may be like many people who, after a long period of time, look back and say, yes, I can see now where it happened. I didn’t know at the time just what was taking place, but now I see this unbelievable thing God has done in me.

Therefore, the real heart of God’s message to believers centers in Paul’s revelation. Paul vividly speaks of it in, Gal. 1:15-16.

Jan 6, 2018
Revelation knowledge

Someone is always asking me how I come to understand things concerning Paul’s revelation of Christ. I have to tell you that Paul’s revelation of Christ it is the key.
It is not the key to being saved. The key to being saved is being born again. It is not the key to being filled with the Holy Spirit. Every believer receives the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.

The key to coming into the message of the Christ- life is the Holy Spirit revealing it. Sooner or later, powerful truths begin to open up to growing believers at some juncture of their individual walk with God, truths that they never knew before, truths that have to do with Christ living in humans, truths that open up a whole new world where another person lives in the believer and has been there since that believer was saved.
I remember reading Norman Grubb’s illustration of when he was first struck by the in-Christ truth. It was during one of his early trials in Africa as he was seeking and waiting before God to know Him.

He was having difficulty in corresponding with the black People, and one day the Holy Spirit, to make a long story short, just spoke to him and said, Norman that is Jesus out there running around in black bodies. This was the beginning of revelation knowlege for him.
The revelation of Jesus Christ as the life of the believer comes to everybody differently.

It cannot be pinned down to some experience you seek. It is a great experience when it first comes, you may have a feeling that is greater than any feeling or experience you have ever had. Or you may be like many people who, after a long period of time, look back and say, yes, I can see now where it happened. I didn’t know at the time just what was taking place, but now I see this unbelievable thing God has done in me.

Therefore, the real heart of God’s message to believers centers in Paul’s revelation. Paul vividly speaks of it in, Gal. 1:15-16.
The Holy Spirit has not given you any revelation. All revelation is in the Bible. He may illuminate in you what has been already revealed but He isn't giving any new revelations to people.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
When I came to faith in Jesus I didn’t know that others didn’t hear Jesus speak to them. I thought it was normal. And I still do but, I went through a time having to think it through carefully to be sure of what was going on. Why others didn’t share similar experience? And how to be sure I was hearing the Lord.
The following postis an example of before I ever questioned what I experienced.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
I was walking down a country road heading into town to put in job applications and was trying to hitch a ride.
I was talking to Jesus and I asked the Lord to get me a ride.
He immediately said, Ok.
As I walked I heard a car coming and as it got closer I turned around and stuck out my thumb.
The car sped on by and I glumly complained to Jesus, I thought you were going to get me a ride?
Jesus said to me, Then Why did you try to get it on your own?
I never forgot that lesson.

I found it curious that I was asked to faithfully not do anything about but receive the promised ride into town.

As I walked I heard a car coming. It was very hard to not turn around and stick out my thumb. I had long hair and was young and healthy and the weather was great, blue skies on a spring time day. I remember thinking of all the reasons why people would pass me by if I didn’t hitch a ride. I looked like I was out for a stroll in the countryside, my long hair not acceptable to lots of people, my not hitching, etc.
It was all I could do to not turn around.

But I didn’t turn and hitch a ride, and as the car approached and passed me by I suddenly fastened my eyes on that van (as it turned out to be) knowing that it was my ride. That van went on about a quarter mile till it came to a stop sign at a tee in the road. It turned left, then backed up and came all the way back to me. The driver stopped when he got to me, had his window down and looking puzzled at me he asked me unsurely, Do you need a ride? I jumped in and he took me where I needed to go.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2012
The Holy Spirit has not given you any revelation. All revelation is in the Bible. He may illuminate in you what has been already revealed but He isn't giving any new revelations to people.
I believe what he is talking about is God giving revelation concerning circumstances we may find ourselves in, i.e. a message of wisdom or a message of knowledge. NOT new revelation as "scripture." Scripture is complete. :) Of course, I could be wrong - but this is how I relate to Revelation Knowledge.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
Revelation knowledge

The bold is concerning, they are not Jesus out there, they are people that Jesus loved and/or died ofr, but them being Jesus is concerning to me that is WoF doctrine, "we are gods, we little Jesus' on earth" that is dangerous. I do not know anything about Norman Grubb except for he is the one that came up with the Inter-Varsity Fellowship, which now has Inter-Varsity Press or as many know it IVP.

Jan 6, 2018
I believe what he is talking about is God giving revelation concerning circumstances we may find ourselves in, i.e. a message of wisdom or a message of knowledge. NOT new revelation as "scripture." Scripture is complete. :) Of course, I could be wrong - but this is how I relate to Revelation Knowledge.
Revelation reveals what is hidden. There is nothing hidden that God needs to reveal about Himself except for when Christ returns.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
I have been given much revelation. It seems to be simply because I believe what God says in the Holy Bible.
I have found that a revelation is something God shows you, that you suddenly see in a moment of time, but you can talk about seemingly endlessly as it unfolds over time.

We need personal revelation given to us by the Holy Ghost, because by it we are taught what is significant for us to know as disciples following Jesus into the things he has chosen us to do.

I have always found that the Holy Ghost uses the scriptures to establish truth in me. And that without certain depths of understanding a man can’t have the faith to believe God as he ought.

That, for example, if you are chosen to have a gift of healing, then you will be prepared to understand the ministering of healing by God’s scriptural revelations in the matter.

I used to wonder why I had faith to minister one thing but found myself weak in faith about other things. I have learned that I only have faith to do what I hear God say. This is important because it shows the path to go to obtain the faith needed. That instead of trying to mentally (as it seems) apply faith according to all I read in scripture, I seek to hear what Jesus is saying about the matter at hand. And once I hear the Lord, I find that I can then believe the Lord for a particular purpose.

I think it behooves all of us believers to seek and obtain the revelations of God useful to us in each of our peculiar lives.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
I have been given much revelation. It seems to be simply because I believe what God says in the Holy Bible.
I have found that a revelation is something God shows you, that you suddenly see in a moment of time, but you can talk about seemingly endlessly as it unfolds over time.

We need personal revelation given to us by the Holy Ghost, because by it we are taught what is significant for us to know as disciples following Jesus into the things he has chosen us to do.

I have always found that the Holy Ghost uses the scriptures to establish truth in me. And that without certain depths of understanding a man can’t have the faith to believe God as he ought.

That, for example, if you are chosen to have a gift of healing, then you will be prepared to understand the ministering of healing by God’s scriptural revelations in the matter.

I used to wonder why I had faith to minister one thing but found myself weak in faith about other things. I have learned that I only have faith to do what I hear God say. This is important because it shows the path to go to obtain the faith needed. That instead of trying to mentally (as it seems) apply faith according to all I read in scripture, I seek to hear what Jesus is saying about the matter at hand. And once I hear the Lord, I find that I can then believe the Lord for a particular purpose.

I think it behooves all of us believers to seek and obtain the revelations of God useful to us in each of our peculiar lives.
I do not think you properly understand the concept of revelation. All you are talking about is your interpretation of personal experiences which you attempt to attribute to God. This is not revelation.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Revelation reveals what is hidden. There is nothing hidden that God needs to reveal about Himself except for when Christ returns.
The book of the Revelation reveals that only them that read it can be blessed in understanding it.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Not everyone has received the revelations of God that they ought, because they don’t faithfully read and hear what God says to them in particular.

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The spirit of prophecy provides us the testimony of Jesus, without which testimony we will fail to know him and his will and what he commands of us. It takes the spirit of prophecy to understand prophecy.
That’s my experience and understanding of the need for personal revelation.
We need to continue in the words of Jesus to become his disciples and know the truth. And truth is what gives us faith.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
I do not think you properly understand the concept of revelation. All you are talking about is your interpretation of personal experiences which you attempt to attribute to God. This is not revelation.
That I must not work to get for myself what I ask God for, was a revelation to me.

It is but an example.

As I testified, I have received much revelation.
But, I think others have not, and so, they remain uncertain and doubtful of many things pertaining to God.

I find that I advance from one revelation to the next toward complete understanding. And I also find that along with revelation comes experience that exemplifies it and locks it down experentially.

That God gives scripture, and uses circumstances also, working them together till he see rightly know and see what he is saying.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Remember that it was a revelation to a Peter that Jesus was the Christ. And Jesus pointed out that that revelation Peter had came spiritually to him from God.
This shows what I mean about personal revelation. And others had not yet received that revelation.
Look how the apostle Thomas couldn’t get the revelation of who Jesus is until he saw him after the resurrection from the dead.
Blessed are them that believe and have not seen. They are them that receive revelation unto faith in Jesus.
As long as we grow we gain revelation of God.

Jan 6, 2018
Remember that it was a revelation to a Peter that Jesus was the Christ. And Jesus pointed out that that revelation Peter had came spiritually to him from God.
This shows what I mean about personal revelation. And others had not yet received that revelation.
Look how the apostle Thomas couldn’t get the revelation of who Jesus is until he saw him after the resurrection from the dead.
Blessed are them that believe and have not seen. They are them that receive revelation unto faith in Jesus.
As long as we grow we gain revelation of God.
That's because Peter was an Apostle. Since that was already revealed to Peter and recorded for us in the Bible it no longer needs to be revealed.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The bible itself says there are things hidden that only the Lord can reveal.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16
[SUP]14 [/SUP]But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

2 Peter 3:16-18
[SUP]16 [/SUP]As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Jan 25, 2018
Hi Joseppi,

I understand what you are saying.
Talking with Jesus is very personal, and many end up not seeing what is or is not an
answer to prayer or communion with Him.

Jesus promises when we see His will, we will know what to do, and He will answer.
It is this step of seeing the Lord will and way that most never get to. It remains
a deep mystery, and they fire prayers up and do not know why it appears silent.

So I think this will always constrain such revelations and leadings to personal
experiences, and though many share them, others do not.

Grace and peace to you, Amen

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
Like I said, you do not understand what revelation is. Either that or you are trying to claim revelation in order to give credibility to things you believe. There is no revelation of new truths. All truth we are meant to have has already been given to us in the context of scripture which came through the mouths of the apostles and prophets. Whatever spiritual truths you think you know are either already revealed in scripture or they are a lie. Anyone who claims that God is speaking directly to them is automatically suspect in my book.

Aug 7, 2016
apokalupsis: an uncovering
Original Word: ἀποκάλυψις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apokalupsis
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ok-al'-oop-sis)
Short Definition: an unveiling, uncovering, revealing
Definition: an unveiling, uncovering, revealing, revelation.

602/apokálypsis ("revelation, unveiling") is principally used of the revelation of Jesus Christ (the Word), especially a particular(spiritual) manifestation of Christ (His will) previously unknown to the extent (because "veiled, covered").

Can the holy spirit allow us to see something we once never saw before, in our own journey in having faith and living in faith and relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ?

Like... Just a new idea to an individual alone by themselves readings scripture and asking God to let them see what is really there and the all of a sudden the cover is moved away and they see what the truth of the matter is having a revelation?

Just curious to thoughts on it. Sometimes I have been thinking on scripture and wonder about it then all sudden WHOA maybe that is what it was really meaning from what I originally thought before?

Maybe I am wrong in asking such a question to you guys. I did not read the original post.

Jan 25, 2018
apokalupsis: an uncovering
Original Word: ἀποκάλυψις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apokalupsis
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ok-al'-oop-sis)
Short Definition: an unveiling, uncovering, revealing
Definition: an unveiling, uncovering, revealing, revelation.

602/apokálypsis ("revelation, unveiling") is principally used of the revelation of Jesus Christ (the Word), especially a particular(spiritual) manifestation of Christ (His will) previously unknown to the extent (because "veiled, covered").

Can the holy spirit allow us to see something we once never saw before, in our own journey in having faith and living in faith and relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ?

Like... Just a new idea to an individual alone by themselves readings scripture and asking God to let them see what is really there and the all of a sudden the cover is moved away and they see what the truth of the matter is having a revelation?

Just curious to thoughts on it. Sometimes I have been thinking on scripture and wonder about it then all sudden WHOA maybe that is what it was really meaning from what I originally thought before?

Maybe I am wrong in asking such a question to you guys. I did not read the original post.
The more I walk with Jesus the more this happens to me.
Do you know the concept of fractals?

These are repeating patterns formed from a mathematical equation,
that exist in the large scale and at the small scale throughout a structure.

The bible appears like this.
There are probably an infinite number of connections and insights, many we
unwrap quickly, and yet there are so many more.

Much of scripture illuminates because of knowledge and experience, so varying
these things brings to focus different aspects.

One massive problem is two separate things can be true though seemingly contradictatary.

1. Salvation is by faith in God.
2. Works show the faith at work in the believers life.

So salvation is a gift from God dependent on the response of the believer.
Works show the faith is real, though works alone mean nothing.
But then works do not happen without Gods love being alive in someone,
though this love will die without communion with God.

If you exclude either truth, one fails, but both must work together to be
real. So our words capture part of the truth, but never fully encompass it.

Or take the difference between law and grace.

I think this is the difference between us as mortals and God the eternal.
We think in single steps, while He connects and defines everything.

It is also why we need each other, to bring all this variation into the body
to encourage and bless one another. Amen

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Like I said, you do not understand what revelation is. Either that or you are trying to claim revelation in order to give credibility to things you believe. There is no revelation of new truths. All truth we are meant to have has already been given to us in the context of scripture which came through the mouths of the apostles and prophets. Whatever spiritual truths you think you know are either already revealed in scripture or they are a lie. Anyone who claims that God is speaking directly to them is automatically suspect in my book.
I understand that.
But, I wasn’t speaking of unscriptural revelation anyway. But thanks for the reminder to rely on scripture when given a revelation.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018

That has been my experience. And it seems to me that it has to be they until we all come to a full knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Even Jesus spoke of not having all things revealed to him by his Father.

What is common knowledge to an adult csn be a sudden and shocking revelation to a child.

I think it pleases God to reveal secrets and have us search things out by faith. I know I was far more ignorant at the first than I am now.
I remember what a revelation it was when the Holy Ghost was convicting me and asking me to step forth in faith to believe in Jesus publically and be baptized in his name, to find the Devil close st hand to try and prevent me.