Revelation Knowledge

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
I understand that.
But, I wasn’t speaking of unscriptural revelation anyway. But thanks for the reminder to rely on scripture when given a revelation.
If you are given information that has already been revealed it is not revelation. This is just a personal expansion of available knowledge. This does not come to us by inspiration. This comes through the process of study and the Holy Spirit aids in understanding truths that have already been ready been revealed through scripture.

Feb 21, 2012
Revelation reveals what is hidden. There is nothing hidden that God needs to reveal about Himself except for when Christ returns.
If I ask God to give me wisdom and knowledge concerning a decision I am trying to make or concerning a situation in my life - He gives me the answer through a message of wisdom and/or a message of knowledge, i.e. revealing to me the answer to the situation/circumstance I need His help in.

Nov 26, 2012
Revelation reveals what is hidden. There is nothing hidden that God needs to reveal about Himself except for when Christ returns.
In the last days knowledge is supposed to increase. Do you not think that this increase in knowledge may add insight into some of the mysteries of God?

Nov 26, 2012
I’m fairly certain the Holy Spirit revealed many things to me that aren’t written plainly in the Bible. Not everything in scripture is obvious, but when you seek, you find. When you ask for wisdom it is granted. Most people are happy with a mediocre understanding of scripture.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
Revelation knowledge

Someone is always asking me how I come to understand things concerning Paul’s revelation of Christ. I have to tell you that Paul’s revelation of Christ it is the key.
It is not the key to being saved. The key to being saved is being born again. It is not the key to being filled with the Holy Spirit. Every believer receives the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.

The key to coming into the message of the Christ- life is the Holy Spirit revealing it. Sooner or later, powerful truths begin to open up to growing believers at some juncture of their individual walk with God, truths that they never knew before, truths that have to do with Christ living in humans, truths that open up a whole new world where another person lives in the believer and has been there since that believer was saved.
I remember reading Norman Grubb’s illustration of when he was first struck by the in-Christ truth. It was during one of his early trials in Africa as he was seeking and waiting before God to know Him.

He was having difficulty in corresponding with the black People, and one day the Holy Spirit, to make a long story short, just spoke to him and said, Norman that is Jesus out there running around in black bodies. This was the beginning of revelation knowlege for him.
The revelation of Jesus Christ as the life of the believer comes to everybody differently.

It cannot be pinned down to some experience you seek. It is a great experience when it first comes, you may have a feeling that is greater than any feeling or experience you have ever had. Or you may be like many people who, after a long period of time, look back and say, yes, I can see now where it happened. I didn’t know at the time just what was taking place, but now I see this unbelievable thing God has done in me.

Therefore, the real heart of God’s message to believers centers in Paul’s revelation. Paul vividly speaks of it in, Gal. 1:15-16.
Yes, Paul is the Apostle of the Gentiles.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
I’m fairly certain the Holy Spirit revealed many things to me that aren’t written plainly in the Bible. Not everything in scripture is obvious, but when you seek, you find. When you ask for wisdom it is granted. Most people are happy with a mediocre understanding of scripture.
I disagree with you. You Said.." Most people are happy with a mediocre understanding of scripture." ...

The Holy Spirit moves in many ways. Some People are called to be priest, some called to study of the word of God thus becoming scholars, apologist, etc. and I suspect that some are not called at all. The Holy Spirit is apparently OK with some people simply praising Him, singing His praises and walking in life as a good Christian should.

The Holy Spirit can call upon a person to do many things and not one, (NOT ONE) of them is Mediocre. At Least not in my book!!!!!!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2016
Remember that it was a revelation to a Peter that Jesus was the Christ. And Jesus pointed out that that revelation Peter had came spiritually to him from God.
Yes it was a work of Christ’s faith as a labor of the love of God that did work in Peter’s new heart to both will and do the good pleasure of God . He revealed himself to Peter not of or from Peter. The power as a imputed righteousness was of God not of men. Those who walk by sight turn that upside down and offen the things of God ...not seen . The law of faith (His)

2Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Peter like all new creatures who was learning how his new faith worked .He was confused time and time again, he denied Christ in unbelief (no faith) and turned where the power to believe comes from .. upside down . as if we followed after the temporal things of men, seen, and not the eternal things of God, not seen.

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

The unconverted apostate Jews were known for taking away the spiritual understanding as the literalist of the day

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: "thou art an offence unto me": for thou savourest not "the things that be of God," but "those that be of" men. Mat 16:22

Study to learn the difference between the "things of God and those of men" . Then our private interpretation or personal comentarries of His revelation as His interpretation might have more success if we do mix faith in what we do hear or see.
Perhaps then we might have a better living Hope.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2Pe 1:20

Mar 28, 2016
But it is not the understanding of scripture that you call mediocre that you are question but rather the scriptures are mediocre and it would seen you need to go above it as it is written as the same spirit of faith . Christ's as that which does work in us to both will and do his good pleasure seeing we are yoked with him in that way .

Even the apotles denied that they were self made Christians as those who hope they will be found with a righteousness of self .(self righteousness)that would rise up above that which is written

And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us "not to think" of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?1Co 4:6

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
No new revelations, right. Yet, we are still finding our way out of 2000 years of antichrist disinformation. I assert the truth is there for anyone truly seeking. Luke 11:9: "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." :cool:

Nov 26, 2012
I disagree with you. You Said.." Most people are happy with a mediocre understanding of scripture." ...

The Holy Spirit moves in many ways. Some People are called to be priest, some called to study of the word of God thus becoming scholars, apologist, etc. and I suspect that some are not called at all. The Holy Spirit is apparently OK with some people simply praising Him, singing His praises and walking in life as a good Christian should.

The Holy Spirit can call upon a person to do many things and not one, (NOT ONE) of them is Mediocre. At Least not in my book!!!!!!

I’ve been in many churches and have been surrounded by many who claim to follow Christ. Out of them all I can tell you that most of them don’t read their Bibles, nor care what the Bible says. Their life reflects that of non-believers. You can dismiss this if you like but the Church of Laodicea is alive and well. I’m glad that your zeal is intact but you are the exception not the norm.

Nov 26, 2012
But it is not the understanding of scripture that you call mediocre that you are question but rather the scriptures are mediocre and it would seen you need to go above it as it is written as the same spirit of faith . Christ's as that which does work in us to both will and do his good pleasure seeing we are yoked with him in that way .

Even the apotles denied that they were self made Christians as those who hope they will be found with a righteousness of self .(self righteousness)that would rise up above that which is written

And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us "not to think" of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?1Co 4:6
I’m not following your intent of what you are getting at here. Either you misunderstood what I stated or I misunderstand you. I said it was given by the Holy Spirit and didn’t boast of my understanding. I simply said that some of scripture is written plainly and some is spiritually discerned. If it is spiritually taught then it is revelation.