Revenge on behalf of the Clintons

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
From Forbes:

When we last checked in with Brett Kavanaugh back in October, he was performing his judicial duties as a lifetime Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, even though Chief Justice Roberts had referred 15 ethics complaints against him for review by the Chief Judge of the 10th Circuit in Colorado. No one knew what would happen next.

On December 18, we found out. While much of the country was preoccupied with the government budget shutdown, the 10th Circuit Judicial Council quietly issued its non-verdict in the matter, announcing:

that the original roster of 15 complaints had swollen to 83 complaints;
that the ethics complaints against Kavanaugh were “serious”; but
that the 10th Circuit Judicial Council had no jurisdiction to rule on them; and
that the complainants had a brief period to request a review.

In effect, they said, back to you, Chief Justice Roberts: it’s your problem, not ours.
The Judicial Ethics Complaints Are “Serious”

The 10th Circuit Judicial Council didn’t totally ignore substance. It stated the obvious with its finding that “the allegations contained in the complaints are serious."

The complaints fell into three main categories. Some relate to complicated matters of fact involving Kavanaugh’s actions many years ago, which might be difficult to verify or resolve.

Other complaints concern Kavanaugh’s behavior as a Judge on the Court of Appeals by favoring certain parties or interests, on which opinions may differ.

The third and most obviously problematic category of the complaints concerns Kavanaugh’s behavior during the nomination proceedings in September 2018. The Judicial Council summarized:

Justice Kavanaugh made inappropriate partisan statements that demonstrate bias and a lack of judicial temperament; and treated members of the Senate Judiciary Committee with disrespect.

Unlike the first two categories of complaints, the third category concerns behavior that was shown on national television. There is thus no question as to whether the behavior in question occurred,

Nor is there any significant question whether the behavior involved extreme breaches of judicial ethics. As one of the complainants, Larry Behrendt, wrote in the Washington Post:

Kavanaugh peppered two hours of Senate testimony with attacks against people and groups he associated with Democrats. Kavanaugh alleged (without factual basis) that he was the victim of a vast, secret, left-wing cabal, masterminded by senators such as Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and motivated by “revenge on behalf of the Clintons.” … [He carried on] like a crazed conspiracy theorist.”

Kavanaugh’s behavior at the hearing prompted several thousand law school faculty to sign a letter opposing his confirmation because "he did not display the impartiality and judicial temperament requisite to sit on the highest court of our land."

Full article at:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steved...s-back-to-chief-justice-roberts/#2bfba46daafe

U

UnderGrace

From Forbes:

When we last checked in with Brett Kavanaugh back in October, he was performing his judicial duties as a lifetime Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, even though Chief Justice Roberts had referred 15 ethics complaints against him for review by the Chief Judge of the 10th Circuit in Colorado. No one knew what would happen next.

On December 18, we found out. While much of the country was preoccupied with the government budget shutdown, the 10th Circuit Judicial Council quietly issued its non-verdict in the matter, announcing:

In effect, they said, back to you, Chief Justice Roberts: it’s your problem, not ours.

The 10th Circuit Judicial Council didn’t totally ignore substance. It stated the obvious with its finding that “the allegations contained in the complaints are serious."

The complaints fell into three main categories. Some relate to complicated matters of fact involving Kavanaugh’s actions many years ago, which might be difficult to verify or resolve.

Other complaints concern Kavanaugh’s behavior as a Judge on the Court of Appeals by favoring certain parties or interests, on which opinions may differ.

The third and most obviously problematic category of the complaints concerns Kavanaugh’s behavior during the nomination proceedings in September 2018. The Judicial Council summarized:

Justice Kavanaugh made inappropriate partisan statements that demonstrate bias and a lack of judicial temperament; and treated members of the Senate Judiciary Committee with disrespect.

Unlike the first two categories of complaints, the third category concerns behavior that was shown on national television. There is thus no question as to whether the behavior in question occurred,

Nor is there any significant question whether the behavior involved extreme breaches of judicial ethics. As one of the complainants, Larry Behrendt, wrote in the Washington Post:

Kavanaugh peppered two hours of Senate testimony with attacks against people and groups he associated with Democrats. Kavanaugh alleged (without factual basis) that he was the victim of a vast, secret, left-wing cabal, masterminded by senators such as Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and motivated by “revenge on behalf of the Clintons.” … [He carried on] like a crazed conspiracy theorist.”

Kavanaugh’s behavior at the hearing prompted several thousand law school faculty to sign a letter opposing his confirmation because "he did not display the impartiality and judicial temperament requisite to sit on the highest court of our land."

Full article at:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steved...s-back-to-chief-justice-roberts/#2bfba46daafe
Old news

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Not that old - article date is Jan 1, 2019.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Why the heck is this Canadian guy so obsessed with America and it's politics!?

Virtually every day he comes on this site and finds a way to bash America, Christians, and conservatives.

Why don't you mind your own darn business and worry about your country?

U

UnderGrace

Virtually every day he comes on this site and finds a way to bash America, Christians, and conservatives.

Or at least Mr. LostinFakeSpace could post unbiased, balanced real news. Obvious agenda.... smh!

K

kaylagrl

Hear,hear!! Can you talk to my Canadian family for me? I have several refusing to SPEAK to me because I support Trump. A cousin of mine said right out on FB that the south is racist, and that Americans are rude knowing Im married to a southerner. The kicker is she travels stateside all the time and brags on the deals that she gets. I don't get the obsession with Trump. It's insane.

K

kaylagrl

From Forbes:

Full article at:

Kav simply spoke the truth. Dems were gunning for him because they were afraid he would touch their sacred cow,abortion. Plain and simple. RBG has made comments that could be taken the same way. But she's a Dem so of course it doesn't count.

Dec 28, 2016
Hear,hear!! Can you talk to my Canadian family for me? I have several refusing to SPEAK to me because I support Trump. A cousin of mine said right out on FB that the south is racist, and that Americans are rude knowing Im married to a southerner. The kicker is she travels stateside all the time and brags on the deals that she gets. I don't get the obsession with Trump. It's insane.
Your cousin is a racist for hating people because of the region they live in.

Dec 28, 2016

Why? He's mental. "Loco-tus." ;)

K

kaylagrl

Your cousin is a racist for hating people because of the region they live in.
This woman is so vicious over Trump that she has blocked any contact to her parents who are now both at the point of death. Because I called her out she will not allow my father to contact her parents,and they were very close. On my fathers behalf I asked her a couple months ago to relent and she flat out refused. She is so full of hatred over Trump. She told me,and I had thought she was a Christian,that she would have marched with the women in "pink hats". I was astounded. Not a brain in her head. She's started a family incident over it and other family members have piled on saying I need to forgive HER. smh TDS,all I can say.

Dec 28, 2016
This woman is so vicious over Trump that she has blocked any contact to her parents who are now both at the point of death. Because I called her out she will not allow my father to contact her parents,and they were very close. On my fathers behalf I asked her a couple months ago to relent and she flat out refused. She is so full of hatred over Trump. She told me,and I had thought she was a Christian,that she would have marched with the women in "pink hats". I was astounded. Not a brain in her head. She's started a family incident over it and other family members have piled on saying I need to forgive HER. smh TDS,all I can say.
Yes, forgive her, be like Christ, live above her. Let her be the jackass.

K

kaylagrl

Yes, forgive her, be like Christ, live above her. Let her be the jackass.
Rofl,I've let her to herself. She won't change her mind. Perhaps one day she will get over it.I don't let it bother me.If you let politics keep you from talking to family that's on you. I've learned to ignore them.