Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Rock music still has occult orgins regardless of the lyrics excuse people want to make.

let's get our facts straight: rock music evolved in the 1940's and 50's from genres predominantly culturally African American, specifically gospel, jazz, blues & uptempo sub-genres of these. plus some country influence/folk influence. all of these contributing genres have histories both in secular and sacred themes, with the exception of gospel which is purely non-secular, thematically.

is there a race card in this deck? wouldn't doubt it, but it's probably not the central driving motivation.

satanism is not & never was the driving creative force of the very broad category of musical arrangement, composition and instrumentation that we call "rock" today, regardless of what handful or prominent musicians with occultic ties you may produce.

Aug 16, 2016
let's get our facts straight: rock music evolved in the 1940's and 50's from genres predominantly culturally African American, specifically gospel, jazz, blues & uptempo sub-genres of these. plus some country influence/folk influence. all of these contributing genres have histories both in secular and sacred themes, with the exception of gospel which is purely non-secular, thematically. is there a race card in this deck? wouldn't doubt it, but it's probably not the central driving motivation. satanism is not & never was the driving creative force of the very broad category of musical arrangement, composition and instrumentation that we call "rock" today, regardless of what handful or prominent musicians with occultic ties you may produce.
There are countless musicians in the rock genre who spoke about relying on spirits either through the process of making music or performing it. Even the famous Jimi Hendrix spoke about it. Yet people will constantly defend rock music , lol. If you personally enjoy it that's fine it's your personal preference

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
There are countless musicians in the rock genre who spoke about relying on spirits either through the process of making music or performing it. Even the famous Jimi Hendrix spoke about it. Yet people will constantly defend rock music , lol. If you personally enjoy it that's fine it's your personal preference
Countless musicians who also profess Christ too. What you said is equally applicable to classical music.

Thanks for completely ignoring what I tried to bring to your attention. Some more advice: you'll have a far easier time trying to specifically associate black metal as a musical style with occult origins, having to ignore fewer facts to do so. But it's just as easy to poke holes in that argument.

Didn't Jesus say "stop judging by appearance!" ?
The truth isn't a matter of personal preference.

U

Ugly

Because someone makes a claim does not make it truth, N.Y.
There was a Christian comedian years ago that claimed to c9me out of Satanism and write a book chronicling his experiences in the occult. It eventually came out that he was never involved in the occult and it was all made up.
Or The book written about the child that claimed he went to heaven and came back. Lie. People say things because it works to gain recognition.
I once spoke with some band members that had occult imagery all over their lyrics, covers and shirts. They also admitted it was all for show. Only one member in the group had any involvement in the occult. The rest were atheists or agnostics.
Ozzy sent his kids to Catholic school.

Also when one speaks he can only speak for himself. And even if a number of them are honest, which is doubtful, to indicate that this determines the roots and spirit behind a genre of music is not logical.
There were openly occult classical composers, so does that mean classical is satanic?
So many flaws in those quick to condemn.

I also notice you bypassed a direct response to post about his statements. I would be interested in your counter-argument against what he said, rather than a misdirection in an effort to escape something you have no argument against. Because his argument goes back to the roots if the music, your counterpoint was to loosely reference a few specific artists. You'll have to do better than that.

Aug 16, 2016
Countless musicians who also profess Christ too. What you said is equally applicable to classical music. Thanks for completely ignoring what I tried to bring to your attention. Some more advice: you'll have a far easier time trying to specifically associate black metal as a musical style with occult origins, having to ignore fewer facts to do so. But it's just as easy to poke holes in that argument. Didn't Jesus say "stop judging by appearance!" ? The truth isn't a matter of personal preference.
Didnt Jesus say judge righteous judgement? Some the worlds most famous musicians such as The Beatles & Elvis have been expose for a long time now for using demonic sources for there music. If you want to dig and bury for the few who may be christian be my guess, lol. Btw i never singled out rock music being the only genre with occult backgrounds im sure others are as well.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If this type of music is hindering your spiritual walk then maybe it's best if you avoid it.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
It's not that hiders my walk or ever has, when I made the decision to accept Christ as the lord of my life those songs begain to disgust me, I want to instruct others in righteousness, to help them spetate from that old sinnful nature and to live for the eternal.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't think rock music is inherently bad. It all depends on the lyrical content. I'm a huge metal head. Napalm Death is my favorite hardcore metal band.
Despite the name they're actually anti-war and anti-violence. They also tallk about various human rights issues

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I was taught to believe that all non-gospel music (not just rock, but country, jazz, pop, R and B, what have you) was bad to listen to once you became a Christian. My boy friend believes totally different, and that God can work in any type of song. Took me a while to understand him, but he is right. I think it really just depends upon the lyrics and what kind of mind set those lyrics put you in. Sometimes the most unlikely songs can have a deeper meaning and some spiritual lessons in them.

Aug 17, 2017
Reminds me of John Todd on how the some of the major record companies would get the master recording and do ritials on it

[video=youtube;Otti-82jEAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otti-82jEAc[/video]

check it out

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
I was taught to believe that all non-gospel music (not just rock, but country, jazz, pop, R and B, what have you) was bad to listen to once you became a Christian. My boy friend believes totally different, and that God can work in any type of song. Took me a while to understand him, but he is right. I think it really just depends upon the lyrics and what kind of mind set those lyrics put you in. Sometimes the most unlikely songs can have a deeper meaning and some spiritual lessons in them.
Thats right.

Not "Everyone" is at the same level of "spiritual maturity" as the next person.

One person may "wield" the "Sword of Truth" (that is...to "speak strongly" against the enemy, using the Word)...and yet "lack" the "Armour of God" (that is...to be "easily influenced" by the "darts" of the wicked one).

If u lack the Armour... then ... darts that come flying from certain music... can be harmful to those, on their "walk".

But IF u have both the Sword and the Armour, then well...you could probably listen to a band such as FROST LIKE ASHES ... and "come out" completely unscathed ^^.

In the case of Frost Like Ashes.... sometimes a "bucket of water" isnt enuff to quench a "Blazing Inferno".
Sometimes it takes a "Whirlwind" and "Hailstorm" to stop it in its tracks ^^".

Remember He said something like.. "Be as wise as serpents, yet as harmless as lambs" ;)

May 18, 2010
doves, I agree that the historical background and message of the named rock and roll and i'm going to say anyone who isn't singing for the Glory of God, is not spiritually beneficial and does hinder our walks no matter how we try to seek justification in what is full of confusion and ways seemingly fitting for our eyes to admire. Is it pleasing to you, or does it embrace Jesus Christ?
The words of every man are lies, so and so was right when he said you cannot drink out of both cups because you cannot serve God and mammon.

B

BeyondET

[video=youtube;QhtmVAjtSxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhtmVAjtSxc[/video]

B

BeyondET

doves, I agree that the historical background and message of the named rock and roll and i'm going to say anyone who isn't singing for the Glory of God, is not spiritually beneficial and does hinder our walks no matter how we try to seek justification in what is full of confusion and ways seemingly fitting for our eyes to admire. Is it pleasing to you, or does it embrace Jesus Christ?
The words of every man are lies, so and so was right when he said you cannot drink out of both cups because you cannot serve God and mammon.
And you've been doped by false rabbits taking you done false holes, now everytime you see the words rock and roll your mind thinks of sex and lust and perversion, you no longer think of swing dancing, rhythm and blues, a boat rocking and rolling on a ocean. That is exactly how evil wins over you, to get you believing in false crap so that you think of it everytime you see rock and roll cafe or were ever you see it or hear it. you've been snowed.

B

BeyondET

Reminds me of John Todd on how the some of the major record companies would get the master recording and do ritials on it

check it out
John Todd was convicted for child molestation, you like YouTube vids here you go.

[video=youtube;BscvFGkYZg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BscvFGkYZg4[/video]

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
Hey there beyondET, I did a quick study of Frost Like Ashes, not quite sure what to make out of them, they're a Christian band, then a read the lyrics to their song Lord of Darkness. The song seems to piant a picture of God the lord and giver of darkness and that He can fulfill ones disire for darkness, maybe I don't get what metal is about.

Anyhow, if something is evil then it's evil, you can take the lyrics of a song and put them into a godly context, but the song itself is still evil and can't be supported for what it really is.
Like when John Lennon sings" I really want to see you lord" he's singing about Krishna, every time that song is played Krishna is worshiped.

Now you say evil wins when we separate from what we are convinced is evil, but would it not be much more effective for Satan to convince us that what is evil is accutaly good? Because then we would be embracing evil, we would be deceaved. It's better to sacrifice something that will just fade away anyhow for the sake of righteousness.

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
Hey there beyondET, I did a quick study of Frost Like Ashes, not quite sure what to make out of them, they're a Christian band, then a read the lyrics to their song Lord of Darkness. The song seems to piant a picture of God the lord and giver of darkness and that He can fulfill ones disire for darkness, maybe I don't get what metal is about.
See...thats the thing.

Everyone has a different level of understanding. Some more than others.

If u can only think "one step ahead"...then u can only make "so much" of what is being said.

"That" song (Lord of Darkness) is about...[h=1]2 Thessalonians 2:9-12[/h][FONT=&quot]9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]11 And for this reason [/FONT][FONT=&quot]God[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will send them strong delusion[/FONT][FONT=&quot], that they should believe the lie, [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

[/FONT]
...And so...To those ones who absolutely REFUSE to acknowledge HIM in the "last days"...HE will cause them to be Greatly Deceived...living in Total Darkness (Spiritually). That is ...what ppl like to call ..the "Great Deception" of the "end times".

Aug 17, 2017
John Todd was convicted for child molestation, you like YouTube vids here you go.

[video=youtube;BscvFGkYZg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BscvFGkYZg4[/video]
Sounds like he got decommisioned supposed its better than being suicided