Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 18, 2010
And you've been doped by false rabbits taking you done false holes, now everytime you see the words rock and roll your mind thinks of sex and lust and perversion, you no longer think of swing dancing, rhythm and blues, a boat rocking and rolling on a ocean. That is exactly how evil wins over you, to get you believing in false crap so that you think of it everytime you see rock and roll cafeor were ever you see it or hear it. you've been snowed.
I have not inferred any of this, when i hear or see rock and roll i think of my father's generation (X) we now call this genre classic rock, which doesn't remind me of sexual thoughts at all, keep yourself unspotted from the world brother, to the pure all things are pure but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. They profess to know God, but in works deny Him, being abominable, disobedient and disqualified for every good work.

If you stay pure there is less time for you to be enticed by temptation, you pay it no mind, and it is not bothersome anymore.
Resist the devil and he will flee.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm a music nerd so I have all kinds of CHRISTIAN music in my collection, from CHRISTIAN bluegrass to CHRISTIAN rap. But I have no interest in debating whether CHRISTIAN rock is good or bad. I just wanted to make an observation:

Innerfire89 it would be a lot easier to take your first post seriously if it were easier to read. I haven't seen so many typos since I was a chat room moderator. If you have a disability (for example, dyslexia) you might ask somebody else if you can send your post to him first so he can proofread it for you.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
I'm a music nerd so I have all kinds of CHRISTIAN music in my collection, from CHRISTIAN bluegrass to CHRISTIAN rap. But I have no interest in debating whether CHRISTIAN rock is good or bad. I just wanted to make an observation:

Innerfire89 it would be a lot easier to take your first post seriously if it were easier to read. I haven't seen so many typos since I was a chat room moderator. If you have a disability (for example, dyslexia) you might ask somebody else if you can send your post to him first so he can proofread it for you.[/QUOTE

You're making a big deal about a few typos, some those happened because of the auto correct feature of my phones key board.

Z

Zi

They get on about mistakes. Some are downright childish.

Some will say "post more" but if you're not on your spelling and grammar you'll get beat up on here..They make it about perfection and miss the person sharing.. I have been told that if I'm not worried about my grammar then my posts probably shouldn't be taken seriously.. paraphrasing.. So I just quit posting as much.. I can pm and not feed those folks... Lengthy but anyway.. welcome and hope you do well here

Innerfire89 it would be a lot easier to take your first post seriously if it were easier to read. I haven't seen so many typos since I was a chat room moderator. If you have a disability (for example, dyslexia) you might ask somebody else if you can send your post to him first so he can proofread it for you.[/QUOTE

You're making a big deal about a few typos, some those happened because of the auto correct feature of my phones key board.
one even told me that the problem was me not my keyboard.. I was using grammarly on my computer because school pushed for it. If anyone has, they know it's a pain to use... Rant over... It's annoying

Last edited:

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
I am going to add my opinion to this. My personal opinion, I think the pop music sector poses more of a threat in today's time.

I had my moments of listening to alot of metal, but over the past few years, alot of that style of music I no longer listen to. Alot of it I just can't listen to no more.

I have my days when I do listen to some music, as there are days that when I feel really out of it, I just lie down in bed listen to some music. Have to admit, I do like some of the soundtracks of some movies, the instrumentals.

There seems to be some evidence that some music is better than others when it comes to blood pressure.

B

BeyondET

I have not inferred any of this, when i hear or see rock and roll i think of my father's generation (X) we now call this genre classic rock, which doesn't remind me of sexual thoughts at all, keep yourself unspotted from the world brother, to the pure all things are pure but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. They profess to know God, but in works deny Him, being abominable, disobedient and disqualified for every good work.

If you stay pure there is less time for you to be enticed by temptation, you pay it no mind, and it is not bothersome anymore.
Resist the devil and he will flee.
Ok but you did say this below,

doves, I agree that the historical background and message of the named rock and roll and i'm going to say anyone who isn't singing for the Glory of God, is not spiritually beneficial and does hinder our walks no matter how we try to seek justification in what is full of confusion and ways seemingly fitting for our eyes to admire. Is it pleasing to you, or does it embrace Jesus Christ?
The words of every man are lies, so and so was right when he said you cannot drink out of both cups because you cannot serve God and mammon.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
You don't go to a church where they instruct and edifey eachother? Take a look at 1Cor. 14:26.
So you're a pastor?
Is the church you pastor like the church at Corinth?
The church at Corinth was chaotic and debaucherous.
It's an example of what you don't want your church to be like.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
1 Corinthians 14:26 is not what the church is doing but what Paul is instructing them to do. No, I'm not a pastor, don't even need to be.

Feb 5, 2017
I was never particularly attracted to Rock n Roll, although I like all music styles. I observe people who do like rock n roll tend to have more issues. Not that the music does that, but the music shows the symptom of who people are.

Rock n roll people tend only to listen to and appreciate rock n roll 90% of the time. It is an energetic music, but what kind of energy/mindset does it invoke?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
o, just what we needed.

another one of these threads. there are dozens in the archives of the music & misc. forum, and they follow a pattern which goes like this:

OP arrives, condemns genres of music that don't tickle his own ears, with total disregard for purpose or lyrical content, based solely on sonic characteristics.
people chime in refuting OP
OP, not actually having any valid argument, presuming to judge by appearances rather than rightly, disappears ((smugly?))
no ones mind is changed

ok, that's out of the way then :)
Innerfire, the actual OP, didn't do this -- but PrynceNY stepped in to fit the pattern :p

Dec 15, 2016
Is this for real?lol i cant imagine what you think of rap music then

7seasrekeyed

why argue if you think R 'n R is ok?

go ahead and listen and that is between you and God

BUT

even those who write the music know better

I just do not comprehend why a thread will go on and on when it is not even about scripture...one of the most divisive creations if not the most divisive creation, this world has had put in front of it

don't argue...just listen until you burp and then listen some more

I am personally thankful that even though I gave it up and kept going back to it, it no longer has the appeal it did

and I am all about music, probably more than most folk

7seasrekeyed

That's the job of a parent.
We're not your children.

right

well then no adults should read the Bible

just because Jesus we should become like little children

did that boxer jab you in the noggin? (jking about the noggin but not the rest)

what about orphans? are they disposable? who will instruct them and that is just one exception to your very very wide painting job

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I just do not comprehend why a thread will go on and on when it is not even about scripture...

to me this seems just as absurd as having a thread go on and on about the sound of a preacher's voice, having nothing to do at all with what the preacher is actually saying.

or ranting on and on about how '
German is an evil language' purely on the basis that someone like Hitler spoke & wrote in German, without ever considering that other things have also been written and spoken in that language, and it's not the language itself that matters, but what's said.

is the Bible translated into German an evil thing, since some pagan literature exists in German? if all the earliest writings in German are pagan in nature & philosophy?
because that's the identical argument people use about "
rock music" -- there are worldly examples of it, many of the earliest examples of it are worldly, therefore all of it is wicked, even sacred examples of it. but all the while it is nothing but a language. a dialect. a communications device. a method of expressing emotion and meaning. a language isn't anymore evil than a font is - look at it's content if you want to judge, not at its appearance. what i write isn't false or true just because i typed this "verdana" -- its veracity isn't changed if i witch to "new times roman." sans-serif isn't any more or any less holy than 'wedding script'

two men can dig two holes, and one man can be doing a good work while the other is doing something evil. there's a whole lot more information you need to know before you can judge their actions: the act of digging a hole isn't in and of itself moral or immoral, no more than whistling or clapping ones hands is by itself righteous or wicked.

¿comprende?

Last edited:

7seasrekeyed

to me this seems just as absurd as having a thread go on and on about the sound of a preacher's voice, having nothing to do at all with what the preacher is actually saying.

or ranting on and on about how '
German is an evil language' purely on the basis that someone like Hitler spoke & wrote in German, without ever considering that other things have also been written and spoken in that language, and it's not the language itself that matters, but what's said.

is the Bible translated into German an evil thing, since some pagan literature exists in German? if all the earliest writings in German are pagan in nature & philosophy?
because that's the identical argument people use about "
rock music" -- there are worldly examples of it, many of the earliest examples of it are worldly, therefore all of it is wicked, even sacred examples of it. but all the while it is nothing but a language. a dialect. a communications device. a method of expressing emotion and meaning. a language isn't anymore evil than a font is - look at it's content if you want to judge, not at its appearance. what i write isn't false or true just because i typed this "verdana" -- its veracity isn't changed if i witch to "new times roman." sans-serif isn't any more or any less holy than 'wedding script'

two men can dig two holes, and one man can be doing a good work while the other is doing something evil. there's a whole lot more information you need to know before you can judge their actions: the act of digging a hole isn't in and of itself moral or immoral, no more than whistling or clapping ones hands is by itself righteous or wicked.

¿comprende?

oh

I must been talking to you then

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

i've decided that Comic Sans MS would be a useful way to indicate the use of sarcasm in text. normally, without the benefit of such things as gesticulation, facial expressions and inflection, emphasis & tenor in verbal communication, such nuances are hard to communicate.

oh

I must been talking to you then
"thanks that makes so much sense"

7seasrekeyed

i've decided that Comic Sans MS would be a useful way to indicate the use of sarcasm in text. normally, without the benefit of such things as gesticulation, facial expressions and inflection, emphasis & tenor in verbal communication, such nuances are hard to communicate.

"thanks that makes so much sense"
mheh

could be arranged