Roman Catholic Blair Could Be EU's First President

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1still_waters

I'm just posting this here for our end times buffs. I saw this story and thought of some of the modern day end times scenarios.

Some endtimes scenarios have a resurrected Roman Empire. Many think this is the modern day European Union.

Some endtimes folks believe the Roman Catholic Church may be involved in the reforming Roman Empire.

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair converted to Catholicism after he left office. Now the EU is looking for its first ever president. Where are they looking to as a potential candidate?

Tony Blair!!!

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5f2c6600-c4dc-11de-8d54-00144feab49a.html

Your thoughts??

You've got a potential resurrected Roman Empire, potentially lead by someone with rather close Roman Catholic ties.

S

suaso

Tony Blair is one of those...erm...John Kerry types of Catholics. The "I don't believe abortion is right, but I am pro choice" kinds...ie, Cafeteria Catholic aka: nominally Catholic. When an orthodox fella like Cardinal Arinze is elected to the EU, then you can worry, but really, be glad, because Cardinal Arinze is a cool dude.

I wouldn't say Blair has close Roman Catholic ties. He's a recent convert who may have met John Paul II and/or Benedict XVI a couple of times, as all heads of state in the West tend to do. I think the only living heads of nations that have truly close Roman Catholic ties are ones like...um...the Isle of Malta.
Why can't the Orthodox ever be part of these Gloom and Doom scenarios? They have scraggly beards. If there's anything I've learned from movies, it is that people with facial hair are always up to something. Byzantium was, after all, the Eastern Half of the Roman Empire. You can't focus on only one half! Granted, we Catholics do have more asthetically pleasing stuff to look at, but erm...ah heck, my attempts at humor never work on here...

S

suaso

On that note:

Isn't the End Times...good?
The Second Coming of Christ; the coming in Glory of Our Lord and Savior to Earth to hash out the completion of Salvation history to restore existence to its proper state! yeah, I do want that.

Jan 8, 2009
He's too silly and white to be the anti Christ.

Last edited:
M

Maddog

M

motojojo

Here is a theory The sign of Christ burns in the sky for all can see, and removes all doubt of Christ's existence. All the world is afraid and runs to the church's and the church is scattered like it is today, then we Christian's shut or mouth and all join together under Peter just like Christ has ordained then He returns to His Bride and we all live happily ever after the end, except people like Kitty unless he repents then he can live in the Kingdom that Christ has ordained. Unless you become like a child(and believe all the crazy teachings that the 2,000 yr. Holy Roman Catholic Church teaches) you cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven. The Holy Roman Catholic Church is beautiful, rich in traditions that have been handed down threw your Christian brothers and sisters, don't hate Her and be careful what you say because you will be Catholic some day. I was once Protestant and I see them as teenagers throwing a fit and you will be coming home soon. And we will be waiting with open arms, and I forgive you for what your about to wright.

S

suaso

The Roman catholic church is ****ing hundreds of millions* of deceived people to hellfire! They need evangelizing!
*2 Billion, hundreds of millions just doesn't give us credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.