Saint I noticed!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheGospelSaves

Hey Saint whats up I noticed you commented on RadioU post about OSAS and you said that Jesus told us that are prayer should be "Our Father in Heaven... forgive us our debts..." and you said why would he say forgive us? Well you seem to forget ONE major factor here, first of all When Jesus said that, were his disciples under the law still or under Grace? Ask yourself that question and you will understand the difference.

You would understand that Jesus being God in the flesh told them certain things while still on earth because they were still "UNDER THE LAW" when the Rich man asked Jesus what he must do to be saved Jesus didnt say just believe in me, he said Give your money to the poor keep the 10 Commandments and Then come follow me. Jesus hadnt yet Died on the cross for our Sins so the people were still Under the law of Moses. So dont Bash the OSAS doctrine by looking up scriptures on Google to support your Opinion. Why dont you study the scriptures yourself and you will see that the bible says-------

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Does that say might have Everlasting Life? or does it say HAVE?

C

charisenexcelcis

Hey Saint whats up I noticed you commented on RadioU post about OSAS and you said that Jesus told us that are prayer should be "Our Father in Heaven... forgive us our debts..." and you said why would he say forgive us? Well you seem to forget ONE major factor here, first of all When Jesus said that, were his disciples under the law still or under Grace? Ask yourself that question and you will understand the difference.

You would understand that Jesus being God in the flesh told them certain things while still on earth because they were still "UNDER THE LAW" when the Rich man asked Jesus what he must do to be saved Jesus didnt say just believe in me, he said Give your money to the poor keep the 10 Commandments and Then come follow me. Jesus hadnt yet Died on the cross for our Sins so the people were still Under the law of Moses. So dont Bash the OSAS doctrine by looking up scriptures on Google to support your Opinion. Why dont you study the scriptures yourself and you will see that the bible says-------

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Does that say might have Everlasting Life? or does it say HAVE?
They were saved by Grace. "The blood of goats and bulls was never sufficient for the cleansing of sin." Hebrews 12 list many of the great men of God. All were saved by grace through faith.
No one ever lived up to the law, therefore, no one was ever saved "under the law".
That there is scripture that teaches the assurance and security of salvation doesn't change that there is scripture that teaches the possibility of falling away.

S

Saint

You seem to miss a FEW major factors:

1. Before grace, you couldn't ask God for forgiveness personally, you had to give sacrifices and such, and ususally you had to ask a priest or a prophet to sacrifice it for you and do all of that fun stuff. So Jesus wasn't talking about prayer when you aren't under grace, because that would be pointless.

2. When Jesus talked, even before He died on the cross, He was preparing for a time of grace, not reteaching how to follow the law. I mean, look at what Jesus preached: He told us that the eye for an eye is wrong and that we must turn the other cheek. This directly goes against the law which says in 3 different places (Exodus21:24; Leviticus24:20; Deuteronomy19:21) but clearly goes with grace. Even though Jesus hadn't died on the cross yet, He was already teaching grace and going against the law. He does this when He teaches about love, adultry, anger, divorce, and yes, prayer. So what you need to ask yourself is: was Jesus teaching law, or grace? Ask yourself that and you'll see the difference.

3. John 3:16 by itself changes nothing. There are thousands of passages in the Bible. Looking at one verse and trying to prove a doctrine is like looking at one word and trying to prove its meaning and context. As you can see, looking at other places in the Bible, like where it says that you don't even know God if you don't love and obey His commandments or when it says that He will spit us out for being lukewarm Christians, or when the apostle Paul discussed his constant struggle with sin, even though He was saved and under grace, or any of the other many, many verses that have been given.

4. I resent you suggesting that i simply looked up OSAS on google. Yes, I did go onto the internet for to find some stuff, but 90% of what I wrote was from studying the Bible quietly in my room. The fact that you said this without any evidence proves how you come to conclusions, and might even suggest why you believe in OSAS.

Now, I would like for any further conversations to be more civil, because as you can see from above, this is what happens when accusations are thrown. I study my Bible everyday, and to have someone come on here and make an entire thread devoted to a mistake that I supposedly made and an accusation that I don't study Scripture, but instead google all of my answers, is downright shameful. So any on the next however many posts, let us not do it rudely.

S

Saint

They were saved by Grace. "The blood of goats and bulls was never sufficient for the cleansing of sin." Hebrews 12 list many of the great men of God. All were saved by grace through faith.
No one ever lived up to the law, therefore, no one was ever saved "under the law".
That there is scripture that teaches the assurance and security of salvation doesn't change that there is scripture that teaches the possibility of falling away.
I wrote mine before you posted this, so I didn't see this. You definately said it a lot better than I did. thanks for putting it up :)