salvation for those who have never heard the word?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
Matthew 24:17....And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in All the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
no one will leave this world without hearing the Gospel... you may hear it in the grocery store, at a funneral, on tv, radio, you have people who go to villages that can only get to by boat, an Apostle I knew, said the one of the ones he went to they were without clothes. and the whole village was about 15-20 people. God know how to get the word to anyone any where. he's God- not man.

Oct 1, 2009
Quoted from the sermon, "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" by Paris Reidhead.

Now I ask you; What is the Philosophy of Missions? What is the Philosophy of Evangelism? What is the Philosophy of a Christian? If you’ll ask me why I went to Africa, I’ll tell you I went primarily to improve on the justice of God. I didn’t think it was right for anybody to go to Hell without a chance to be saved. So I went to give poor sinners a chance to go to heaven. Now I haven’t put it in so many words, but if you’ll analyze what I just told you , do you know what it is? Humanism. That I was simply using the provisions of Jesus Christ as a means to improve upon human conditions of suffering and misery. And when I went to Africa, I discovered that they weren’t poor, ignorant, little heathen running around in the woods looking for someone to tell them how to go to heaven. That they were Monsters of Iniquity! They were living in utter and total defiance of far more knowledge of God than I ever dreamed they had! They deserved Hell! Because they utterly refused to walk in the light of their conscious, and the light of the law written upon their heart, and the testimony of nature, and the truth they knew! And when I found that out I assure you I was so angry with God that on one occasion in prayer I told Him it was a mighty little thing He’d done – sending me out there to reach these people that were waiting to be told how to go to heaven. When I got there I found out they knew about heaven, and didn’t want to go there, and that they loved their sin and wanted to stay in it.

(Brother Paris speaks with great passion in this paragraph) I went out their motivated by humanism. I’d seen pictures of lepers, I’d seen pictures of ulcers, I’d seen pictures of native funerals, and I didn’t want my fellow human beings to suffer in Hell eternally after such a miserable existence on earth. But it was there in Africa that God began to tear through the overlay of this humanism! And it was that day in my bedroom with the door locked that I wrestled with God. For here was I, coming to grips with the fact that the people I thought were ignorant and wanted to know how to go to heaven and were saying, "Someone come and teach us!", actually didn’t want to take time to talk with me or anybody else. They had no interest in the Bible and no interest in Christ, and they love their sin and wanted to continue in it. And I was to that place, at that time, where I felt the whole thing was a sham and a mockery, and I had been sold a bill of goods! And I wanted to come home. There alone in my bedroom as I faced God honestly with what my heart felt, it seemed to me I heard Him say, "Yes, will not the Judge of all the earth do right? The heathen are lost, and they’re going to go to Hell, not because they haven’t heard the gospel. They’re going to go to Hell because they are sinners, who love their sin! And because they deserve Hell. But……I didn’t send you out there for them. I didn’t send you out there for their sakes." And I heard clearly as I’ve ever heard, though it wasn’t with physical voice but it was the echo of truth of the ages, finding it’s way into an open heart. I heard God say to my heart that day something like this, "I didn’t send you to Africa for the sake of the heathen, I sent you to Africa for My Sake….They deserved Hell! But I love them! And I endured the agonies of Hell for them!!!! I didn’t send you out there for them! I SENT YOU OUT THERE FOR ME… Do I not deserve the reward of my suffering? Don’t I deserve those for who I died?" And it reversed it all!! And changed it all!! And righted it all!! And I wasn’t any longer working for Micah and ten shekels and a shirt! But I was serving a living God! I was not there for the sake of the heathen. I was there for the Savior that endured the agonies of Hell for me, who didn’t deserve it. But He deserved them, (the heathen). Because He died for them.

Do you see? Let me epitomize, let me summarize. Christianity says, "The end of all being is the glory of God." Humanism says, "The end of all being is the happiness of man." And one was born in Hell, the deification of man; and the other was born in heaven, the glorification of God! And one is a Levite serving Micah, and the other is a heart that’s unworthy serving the living God, because it’s the highest honor in the universe.

G

Graybeard

Matthew 24:17....And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in All the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
no one will leave this world without hearing the Gospel... you may hear it in the grocery store, at a funneral, on tv, radio, you have people who go to villages that can only get to by boat, an Apostle I knew, said the one of the ones he went to they were without clothes. and the whole village was about 15-20 people. God know how to get the word to anyone any where. he's God- not man.
cookie...this has already been said, what about those people that have already died from those villages that can only be got to by boat, before anyone got there to spread the Gospel, THAT is the question!
No one is disputing what the Bible says in Matthew 24:14 (btw...the verse is 24:14 and not 24:17)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

greatkraw

Cookie, the fact remains that during the whole history of the world any number of people have lived their lives without hearing of Jesus Christ.

We need to realise that God is just and will deal with the situation justly.

C

Cako53

Cookie, the fact remains that during the whole history of the world any number of people have lived their lives without hearing of Jesus Christ.

We need to realise that God is just and will deal with the situation justly.
If he will deal with it justly (which I believe he will) why do we have a thread on it? why do we worry?

J

jcspartan

If he will deal with it justly (which I believe he will) why do we have a thread on it? why do we worry?
fair question. At least for me this question is worth discussing for several reasons. First, anytime we study Gods nature, in this case His requirement for justice balanced with His mercy as it relates to the unsaved who have not been exposed to the Gospel, we come away richer for it. through we better understand what God's perfection is and means for us. Second, when you share the Gospel this question comes up regularly as non-believers come to terms with their condition from God's perspective. Third we are exhorted to think on such things.

Philippians 4:8
For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].

What is more worthy of meditation than our perfect creator who through this thread is revealed to be patient, fair and merciful. He is not capricious. When we talk on these things the nature of our Lord is affirmed and we will be better witnesses for it.

C

Cako53

fair question. At least for me this question is worth discussing for several reasons. First, anytime we study Gods nature, in this case His requirement for justice balanced with His mercy as it relates to the unsaved who have not been exposed to the Gospel, we come away richer for it. through we better understand what God's perfection is and means for us. Second, when you share the Gospel this question comes up regularly as non-believers come to terms with their condition from God's perspective. Third we are exhorted to think on such things.

Philippians 4:8
For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].

What is more worthy of meditation than our perfect creator who through this thread is revealed to be patient, fair and merciful. He is not capricious. When we talk on these things the nature of our Lord is affirmed and we will be better witnesses for it.
I understand now, thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.