Satan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Do Satan’s followers know they are following Satan—yielding to his temptations of pride, and so forth—or does Satan have then deceived into thinking they are doing the Lord’s will.

The reason I ask is that there are people who seem to be terribly prideful, but they call themselves Christians and seem to think they are doing the Lord’s will.

Dec 19, 2009
Actually, I meant to entitle this “Satan’s Followers.” I don’t know if I messed up or if the computer did that for me, since the computer doesn’t always post correctly since the hardware crash.

M

MaggieMye

Both. There are some that willingly and knowingly follow Satan. These are the witches, FreeMasons (at the higher levels) satanists, etc,
But there are those who are unwitting and serve him ignorantly. In fact...every person that is not born again, not purposefully staying in the Word and obeying His mandates, they are ALL followers of Satan, ignorantly so, but followers still, and their destiny is hell.

Maggie

Hos 4:6 it covers so MUCH of what man does!!

E

endofallfears

Satan is by nature a deceiver. He does not care what people believe in, or even if they're doing good or evil. His only concern is that nobody put their faith in Jesus Christ. If people can be deceived into believing going to church, doing good deeds, and going forward on alter call will get them to heaven, Satan will help them believe it.

May 21, 2009
There's lots of people doing Satan's will and they don't know that they are. The things in the bible that say for us not to do or be in as you said pride are warnings to us all. Pride opens a doorway to hell. The story in the bible of the two men at the altar of God and the one man is saying oh God I am so happy I am not like that other man over there. That was a prideful man. The other man all he could do is be humble and ask God to forgive his sins.

The one man thought he was so much better than the other man. He was full of pride. Had himself up on some high horse so to speak.

Think for a minute of all the Christians and how they act. I have seen Christians thinking they are way better than others over the clothes they wear. I've seen a lady say once in talking about the clothes others wore that their not holy people. She actually thought by what clothes she wore made her more holy than someone else.

She was talking smack about others. She thought she was better than other people. She and people like her would be the kind that chases people away from church. These people are the ones gossiping about what others are wearing. Like snakes in a box filled with vinomus poison ready to bite and spit on anyone they can.

These people are filled with hate.

They are doing Satans will.

Condemners they are everywhere.

There are things we must teach that are wrong.

I've seen a pastor always start teaching on people that drink to get drunk when one who is so lost and being consumed by drinking walks in the church. Drunkards go to hell , drunkards go to hell.

Their life is already falling apart and God sent them to church. Did they get love, care, kindness when they came to church? Or were they condemed because they walked into a church?

The body of Christ is to bring life to people in Jesus. The Lord says to come as you are. God can heal people but if the people get shunned, belittled and so shamed that they won't come back into the house of God then whats the point?

People don't even know who God is or if there is God and Satan uses the people of the church to make sure they never find out.

Dec 19, 2009
I suppose in all fairness, we all go at least a little astray every so often.

May 21, 2009
I suppose in all fairness, we all go at least a little astray every so often.
We all fall short of the glory of God 33 but we must be checking ourselves all the time. To humble ourselves at the feet of Jesus.

The church is in a mess. If people aren't hearing the voice of God and instead are listening to their own voice or the voice of Satan then what?

If the people of the church take their own path and don't do God's will then what?

There's a serious problem with the churches.

Everyone needs to fast and pray so God will heal. We need God's help now more than ever. If your church isn't saying to do this then there is a problem.

D

DiscipleWilliam

Both. There are some that willingly and knowingly follow Satan. These are the witches, FreeMasons (at the higher levels) satanists, etc,
But there are those who are unwitting and serve him ignorantly. In fact...every person that is not born again, not purposefully staying in the Word and obeying His mandates, they are ALL followers of Satan, ignorantly so, but followers still, and their destiny is hell.

Maggie

Hos 4:6 it covers so MUCH of what man does!!
This is a very good answer that particularity caught my attention. This is so true, and like a police officer once told me, "ignorance of the law is NO excuse". Likewise with the greater law of the Most High.

N

NoahsMom

We all fall short of the glory of God 33 but we must be checking ourselves all the time. To humble ourselves at the feet of Jesus.

AMEN! Your words ring true loveschild, you are such a blessing!

C

cows_chewing_grass

I liked love'schild's example of people who feel that vanity somehow puts them more right with God than others.

Are there other examples of people who think they are following God, but really are not? (I don't know that it's necessary to say the other alternative must be satan, because if you ain't following God then it really doesn't matter what we call the alternative)

For example, in Luke 6 Jesus talks about not knowing People who call him "Lord, Lord". They cast out demons and do other good stuff, but still Jesus talks about not knowing them.

I get a picture of people who think they are doing God a service, and yet Jesus still has something against them.

Any other examples?