School Shooting in Santa Fe, Texas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
The only perfect solution is everyone turned to Jesus and loved each other. However that is not the case and we will just end up with more shootings as someone will be too consumed with hatred from demonic influence to the point where they will enjoy this.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
This is what you get when you take God, the bible and prayer out of the schools. You reap the reward of the darkened heart.

It will only get worse if those who know the Lord fail to tell those who do not about the Lord Jesus Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
I heard about this incident. What is going on over there? But this is the world we live in today. I agree with what notuptome said earlier on, you reap what you sow.

Of the many cases one hears about school shootings, is it mainly due to parents not having the brains to keep the guns and ammunition away from each other? How do children in school get hands on loaded weapons?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You can't fire elected politician.
Well then lock him up and take away his pension. And reconsider whether law enforcement officials should be politicians.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Some more information
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/05...tween-student-and-deputies-lasted-25-minutes/

Officers arrived at the school’s art lab section about four minutes into the shooting and engaged the shooter right away, Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset told CNN.
But it’s unclear whether all the victims were shot by the suspect, or whether some were shot by deputies during the crossfire. Trochesset said authorities are waiting for the medical examiner’s autopsies to make that determination.
A “decent amount of cameras in the school” will help investigators piece together a timeline, Trochesset said.
One of the students killed, Shana Fisher, had rejected the suspect’s advances for months, her mother Sadie Baze said. Finally, about a week ago, she stood up to him in the middle of class to proclaim she would not go out with him.

Baze said she believes the incident embarrassed the suspect so much that he targeted Shana. “One of the shotgun shells was for my daughter,” she said.
The people hospitalized included retired Houston police Officer John Barnes, who served as a resource officer at the school and confronted the gunman.
He was armed with a shotgun and a .38 caliber handgun, both legally owned by his father, according to Gov. Greg Abbott.
Deedra Van Ness’ daughter, Isabelle Laymance, survived the shooting by hiding in a classroom closet.

In a Facebook post Saturday titled “longest day of my life,” she said her daughter told her the gunman was “yelling Woo Hoo!” as he fired in the classroom next door.
The suspect won’t face the death penalty if he is convicted. Under Texas law, offenders who are under age 18 and charged with a capital offense face a maximum punishment of life in prison with the possibility of parole after 40 years.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Please let me post my suggestions here and don't see it as interference okay? This is a forum where I am free to post my views as long as it express it in proper way.

I believe the US government or perhaps a US state must implement a law stating that an American is only allowed to own guns when he reached 21 years of age and before purchasing a gun, the owner should pass the psychological test like what we are doing in my shit hole country.

I believe a US governor should invest much on putting a metal detectors on schools' entrances to prevent shootings on schools.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Any word on how he obtained the gun? I thought I heard someone say that the gun belonged to his father and it was not locked up. If that was the case, then the father could be facing charges as well.