SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN AMERICA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

flight316

Here in the US we continue to have these school shootings. Are you having this problem in your country?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I say this with all due respect and prayers to all involved with the shooting today, but I think a big part of the problem is the non-stop media coverage for days and sometimes weeks when these terrible events happen. this encourages copy-cat stuff. cover it and let it go.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I say this with all due respect and prayers to all involved with the shooting today, but I think a big part of the problem is the non-stop media coverage for days and sometimes weeks when these terrible events happen. this encourages copy-cat stuff. cover it and let it go.
More than a little truth in that................

May 3, 2013
Here there were! As such, I haven´t seen since 1999, when I attended to be perfect in shooting but, now, because of the comunist regime of Venezuela, the civil militia receives FREE training once they are engage in the doctrination USA is an enemy and has to be banished like an enemy (just using simple guns that are used to steal, when not wearing their green red uniform).

Schools as those there arent now, at least I don´t see those shops where I bought some guns I owned. Now criminals shoot whomever they want and the police seldom takes them to be completely locked in jails... Once they get there, the criminal rules on police and that personal working inside. These organized criminals are called: "Prans" (There are many videos uploaded on youtube, talking about prisons and things that BECAME shootimg schoools for criminals and those foollowing the comunism in Venezuela.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Media is a big problem, not just how they report, but the crap tv shows the put out (you know the crap TV shows that show religion is bad, getting prego at 13 is cool, being a gang banger is cool). society is another problem since they allow this crap to be shown.

Jul 23, 2017
I agree. The media seem to be letting off on that slowly.

It only encourages fame-seekers and we've already seen examples of such motivations in mass killings, such as in the Aurora theater.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I don't think we have ever had a school shooting in Australia.. Never heard about one in my life anyway..

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
School shootings. It's so sad that we have this in America today. Things have really changed since I was a kid in high school. *sigh* Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
How do people manage to find these threads from years ago? >.> Thats alot of digging just to find a thread to post in, geeeesh. I barely even leave the first page of threads.

Anywho, I totally believe that the fact that the media gives the shooters as much fame as they do is a big contributor to these acts. After someone commits such an act, we get to hear about their daily life, personal beliefs and even get to read their memoirs. Once you commit this act, you become a part of history. To this freaking day I still remember the name and face of James Holmes.

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
prior to the 1930's you could legally buy a thompson sub-machine gun, how many school shooting happened back then and in the wild west? very few and no where near the scale today.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm, yes, well... We didn't have nearly as many people on perscription medication to treat depression either, you know.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Hmm, yes, well... We didn't have nearly as many people on perscription medication to treat depression either, you know.
shhh, we are not supposed to notice or correlate these things...

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
prior to the 1930's you could legally buy a thompson sub-machine gun, how many school shooting happened back then and in the wild west? very few and no where near the scale today.
And Communists were outlawed back then, I believe. These days, Commies are basically allowed to steal a presidential election. My suspicion is that when Communism is again brought under proper control, school shootings will drop proportionately.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Gun-topic are always a fun discussion in U.S. politics.
Since i have no dog in the game for either side (well, besides trying to keep my family safe from getting shot) i would say that U.S. is a wonderful place with 50 states, which are sort of like a buffet to choose your lifestyle.
In this way, you can choose a state which has stricter gun laws or a state where you get a free shotgun for opening a checking account.
It's the ultimate freedom basically in the pursuit of happiness.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Gun-topic are always a fun discussion in U.S. politics.
Since i have no dog in the game for either side (well, besides trying to keep my family safe from getting shot) i would say that U.S. is a wonderful place with 50 states, which are sort of like a buffet to choose your lifestyle.
In this way, you can choose a state which has stricter gun laws or a state where you get a free shotgun for opening a checking account.
It's the ultimate freedom basically in the pursuit of happiness.
As a bonus you can then complain about all the places that do not meet your qualifications for a happy place to live. You know how their very existence is just wrecking everything...

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Exactly.
It’s always interesting to me how people who love guns, are living in New York for example. Why? Why are you living there and complaining?
Move to Texas and enjoy all the guns!

Or when some trans people complain about their state not being trans friendly.
Why are you living in Ohio?
Move to San Francisco and enjoy all the trans people there !

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Move to San Francisco and enjoy all the trans people there !
And this sentence wins the "Best For Being Taken Out Of Context And Given A Completely Different Meaning" award for 2023. :giggle: