Sculpture made in honor of ALL UNBORN children

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

I saw a picture of this moving sculpture and my initial thought was that it was done in honor of aborted children. I did some searching around and found this article about the piece and the artist shared here
But while reading and looking it over I have concluded that it very well can be in honor of not only the aborted babies, but miscarriages as well, thus the title "THE NEVER BORN CHILD"

Jul 20, 2019
Abortion has just been legalised in the state New South Wales here, quite a divisive thing in that state, but the enemy prevailed. Sadly its legal all over the nation now.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
An unborn child leaves its fingerprints on its mother's heart. I wish there was also some way that the father was honoured. The pain might be different but also deserves consideration. It is a powerful sculpture.

Dec 9, 2011
An unborn child leaves its fingerprints on its mother's heart. I wish there was also some way that the father was honoured. The pain might be different but also deserves consideration. It is a powerful sculpture.
GOD bless you with understanding your heart has love and people respond to love It changes the atmosphere.

S

Susanna

I’m mourning for the unborn babies who are being taken out of the womb to die.

Also I’m mourning for the mothers and fathers of those children.

Please Lord, make mankind see what terrible evil we’re doing, and make us repent for the sake of those children.

G

Godsgirl83

It's very real for the fathers as well. I knew a dad at a play group when mine were little. He brought his little boy so we knew him, NOT the mom who was at work. When it was disclosed that they were expecting #2 everyone was so happy & always asking about mom etc, but when a miscarriage happened everyone was "Oh poor mom/wife" my heart broke for him as I saw the pain in his eyes and NO ONE addressed it. Finally I had a chance to talk with him privately (away from the group with his back turned) and when I asked him how he was coping, he broke down. :cry: One of the very rare few times in my life I've ever seen a man cry.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
It's very real for the fathers as well. I knew a dad at a play group when mine were little. He brought his little boy so we knew him, NOT the mom who was at work. When it was disclosed that they were expecting #2 everyone was so happy & always asking about mom etc, but when a miscarriage happened everyone was "Oh poor mom/wife" my heart broke for him as I saw the pain in his eyes and NO ONE addressed it. Finally I had a chance to talk with him privately (away from the group with his back turned) and when I asked him how he was coping, he broke down. :cry: One of the very rare few times in my life I've ever seen a man cry.
Thank you for being so considerate and caring. I am sure you made a difference. He needed his grief and loss to be acknowledged.

T

tasha66

To me, this sums up all the poor women who have made a choice to have an abortion - something that is not easy for anyone I'm guessing - not just the women who have lost a child.
I've met many women or had friends who don't like Mothers Day for example. Mothers Day only focuses on the ones who are Mums, and not the would be Mums. Many women find this day very hard to bear. Maybe we should have a grieving Mothers Day or something like that.
I don't think any man could possibly know what it's like to carry & lose a child that's been growing inside of you, with respect to all the men out there who are also grieving.
It's just a sad situation all round when somebody loses a child, and one that affects everybody around them.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is very rare that a father to child out of wedlock demands to have the child.

I cannot condemn anyone for an abortion although I am completely against the practice..

When all men own up to what they do, then I may consider being one of those antiabortion zealots, until then, leave the woman alone, and pray for your soul and theirs.

God bless all in Yeshua, and all who will come to Him, amen

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
There is a Comedian named Dave Chapelle he made a point in his comedy special if a Mother has the right to abort than the Father has the right not to pay support for there kids "My body I do what I want" is then "My money I do what I want" He made a very good point and people where quite angry. The Father plays apart too people often forget that.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Oh man...if only. If only the people so in pain from losing a baby could connect with those considering abortion. To give love to a child that wasn’t wanted... Never to replace the gone baby, but to let a baby who would be otherwise taken away from life to have one...

Man. And I mean can you imagine how many women would be almost enraged when they heard women say they didn’t want the baby. Like “how could you not want it?!”

And the biggest BIGGEST thing is the guilt of the poor women who do indeed have the abortions. No one talks about it. I’ve never seen people talk about it at least. Even if they made that decision, it’s another thing that God can take that sin and shame. And imagine if they have their own children afterward. Imagine the just SINKING guilt. We need to love on them somehow.

T

tasha66

The whole problem with abortion can be lack of education and fear. Fear is a BIG factor when seeking an abortion.
Our kids (and older people too) - of both sexes - need to be educated more. To be given more options re contraception in high school - not just for unplanned pregnancies, but to protect against STDs. Kids should also be taught about the psychological effects of unplanned or early sex too. Kids need to be taught EARLY about all this stuff, to give them time to think and mature, then when they do meet a partner, they can at least make more informed decisions (even if they don't get married). We will never stop kids having sex or experimenting, but we can at least educate them to stay safe and hopefully have no unplanned pregnancies.
There is NO counselling or instruction for young kids re the psychological effects of abortions in schools either. Apparently it is not taught on the school curriculum, as it's too controversial a subject. It is still taboo, this at a time when more younger (& older women married/unmarried women) are seeking medical abortions. It is estimated on several websites I've researched today that HALF of ALL pregnancies now end in abortion. It is just so much easier to get rid of a child you conceived without any thought - when you didn't think twice about jumping into bed with someone and not using ay contraception.
I don't know what I would do if I'd been raped for example, & found out I was pregnant. It must be hard getting pregnant at any age when it is not your choice, or when it is unplanned. I certainly don't judge these women as I've never been in their situation.
Did you know many women stop using contraception when they get older, thinking they are going to start menopause, and they don't need to be careful? This can be a confusing time for a woman.
I know I certainly don't believe in blowing up abortion clinics, or advocating violent action like many of the pro-life activists
We need more support, funding & education from our governments, more support for young people who don't want to give up their babies (or who may be pressured to do so), including psychological support/education, more funding for nurses/educators, and so people can afford to have another child - the list is endless.
It always astonishes me as a person who works in health care with babies all the time, that the subject of abortion & reproduction is still viewed by many as taboo, and so is the subject of abortion.
We need to take the old taboos & labels off, and start getting people to talk openly about all of this stuff, so that it is not seen as a 'sacred' subject. This is why we need more nurse educators and other health professionals trained in this area.