Separating the Men from the Boys

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Many people can skillfully argue a theological point. How many of these people have made the effort to repent of their sin, though?

Feb 23, 2011
Many people can skillfully argue a theological point. How many of these people have made the effort to repent of their sin, though?
How many have done neither and just post unregenerate personal philosophy of perception and opinion?!

E

eternally-gratefull

I am more worried about people who waste time thinking they could ever repent of every sin thus placing themselves back under law. Instead of true repentance concerning themselves and God.

E

endofallfears

I know what you're saying. It seems everybody wants to be forgiven, but nobody wants to repent.

U

unclefester

The same thought has crossed my mind more than a few times lately as well. A blessing it is to not condemn myself for those things which I allow :)

Mar 22, 2011
we ought to try them by d word.wether they b of God

C

Crazy4GODword

See their fruits, yes Stone :)

J

jimmydiggs

Repentence is a theological point.

A

AnandaHya

or more to the point how many have spent the time needed in prayer to quietly listen to God tell us what our sins are and what we need to repent. You must first confess that you sin before you can truly repent. If you continue in denial of having sinned or never stop to look at your day through prayer, the guidance of the Holy Spirit and daily study of the Holy Bible then you will never know what you should have done and how you fall short of the glory of God.

I think it is a good thing to pray in the morning the Lord's prayers, especially the part about not being lead into temptation and being delivered from evil.

then in the evening just pray and wait for God to revel how we did not listen fully or act fully according to the Holy Spirit and allow God to cleanse us of our daily sin and help us grow and become more like Him each day.

forgiveness of other and OURSELVES is a good thing to meditate upon and practice as well.because if God tells us we are forgiven who are we to question God's judgement?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009

Hi Res,

You make a very good point. But, maybe you should have said how many of US have made an effort to repent instead of pointing a finger at those who may be more theologically read!!

Repentence is a sure sign of the Christian, a Christian without repentance is either in a shape of spiritual decline(maybe turmoil) or not one at all.

The more we grow in Christ the more acutely aware we become of our own sin and the vileness of it, we want to repent at the slightest hint of sin in our lives for we know the deep cost our Lord and Saviour paid for us, he bore the penalty for sin that we all deserve every single one of us.

Repentance should neither be a duty, but because of how terrible a stain/blight it is on our lives to the great cost Christ saved.

Phil