Seven ways to read the Bible...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lighthousejohn

I offer this for our new Christians and some of the old ones as well.

1. Read The Bible With An Honest Desire To Understand It

“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.” (Ps 119:103-104)
Don’t be content to just read the words of Scripture. Seek to understand the message they contain.
2. Read The Bible With A Simple Faith And Humility

“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.” (Jhn 5:24)
Believe what God reveals and rest in His promises.
3. Read The Bible With A Spirit Of Obedience And Self-Application

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. (Jam 1:22,25)
Apply what God says to yourself and obey His will in all things.
4. Read The Bible With Every New Day

“Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isa 40:31)
We quickly lose the nourishment and strength of yesterday’s Word. We must feed our souls the manna God has given us daily.
5. Read The Bible In Its Entirety

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” (2 Tim 3:16)
Read the entire Bible, a portion every day, comparing Scripture with Scripture.
6. Read The Bible In Context And Interpret Scripture With Scripture

“You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.” (Matt 22:29)
Read Scripture in its context, and use related Scripture to help interpret a passage’s meaning.
7. Read The Bible With Christ As The Centerpiece

“Beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.” (Luk 24:27)
The whole Book is about Him. Look for Him on every page. He is there. If you fail to see Him there, you need to read that page again.

In Christ,
John

W

worldlover

i've learned another lesson. thanks for the piece!

C

charisenexcelcis

A wonderful reminder to us all.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good words and helpful ones.
God bless, pickles