Sexual assault

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Ellsworth1943

Don't know if this is the right place for this---
Let me start by saying that any one guilty of Sexual assault should be punished accordingly.

It seem that the news is full of women making charges of sexual assault. Some of the charges are from decades ago.
It seems that those accused are judged by the media as guilty just by the fact they are accused.
Some are suffering loss of jobs, etc.
My question is why did these people wait so long?
Should we not wait until those accused have a fair trial before we condemn them?
I have reached the point of being afraid to even open the door for a lady any more.

U

Ugly

Why do they wait so long to tell? I suppose until you experience it you don't know the effects it has on you. And time likely reinforces the unwillingness to come out.

Ironically, as I read this thread, I'm listening to a song by a Christian male singer that was molested as a child. He feared how he would be seen if he told. And when he first said something kids called him gay, his biggest fear.
Over the years he questioned his sexuality because of what happened to him. He turned his back on God. Eventually He came back to God and learned to share his story.
When we suffer it can be difficult to share, even moreso to accuse another. Especially if that person is powerful and/or respected. Knowing or fearing you will not be believed, or even accused yourself for being to blame. Not having anyone on your side. It's scary.

E

Ellsworth1943

Why do they wait so long to tell? I suppose until you experience it you don't know the effects it has on you. And time likely reinforces the unwillingness to come out.

Ironically, as I read this thread, I'm listening to a song by a Christian male singer that was molested as a child. He feared how he would be seen if he told. And when he first said something kids called him gay, his biggest fear.
Over the years he questioned his sexuality because of what happened to him. He turned his back on God. Eventually He came back to God and learned to share his story.
When we suffer it can be difficult to share, even moreso to accuse another. Especially if that person is powerful and/or respected. Knowing or fearing you will not be believed, or even accused yourself for being to blame. Not having anyone on your side. It's scary.
I see your point.

Feb 7, 2015
Let me start by saying that any one guilty of Sexual assault should be punished accordingly.

It seem that the news is full of women making charges of sexual assault. Some of the charges are from decades ago.
It seems that those accused are judged by the media as guilty just by the fact they are accused.
Should we not wait until those accused have a fair trial before we condemn them?
I have reached the point of being afraid to even open the door for a lady any more.
Having worked in this field for many years, I can tell you there are a lot more false claims filed than you might ever expect.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009

The Weinstein thing started when a New York Times article came out early last month where Rose McGowan (actress from the tv show "Charmed") said he had raped her when she was starting her career. It was the first time anyone had ever came forward and actually named a hollywood big-wig. Then other actresses came out with their experiences with him including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Ashley Judd..

E

Ellsworth1943

The Weinstein thing started when a New York Times article came out early last month where Rose McGowan (actress from the tv show "Charmed") said he had raped her when she was starting her career. It was the first time anyone had ever came forward and actually named a hollywood big-wig. Then other actresses came out with their experiences with him including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Ashley Judd..
So they waited until they were rich and famous.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Seems to happen a lot with people of power and money. They think they can be above the law or pay lawyers to get them out of the messes they make for themselves. Victims are usually underlings that don't have the money or the strength to go through the wringing out the court will put them through.

Or the person in power just pays them off to shut them up.

Or in my case you are a child who loves candy and animals and the dirty old men on the block do bad things telling you not to tell anyone and you can play with the animals or have the candy. I was so young and didn't know it was wrong. Until much later. I have suffered and so have several of my previous relationships with men.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It used to be called "the casting couch" and seemed to be an expected and somewhat accepted price women had to pay to realize their dream of becoming a famous actress in a male dominated field. Put out, or get out. The glass ceiling still exists in many professions. Sexual predation has been going on for a long time and it is about time it is coming more and more into the light so that consequences can be doled out to the perps in the hopes of stemming the tide. This includes homosexual men preying on young hopefuls in the industry as well.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Even our president bragging on a bus about grab them by the _____. Saying that it was just locker room talk. Sorry it's never o.k. to grab a woman by the _____. That is sexual assault unless consensual. Also a little creepy to say if your daughter wasn't your daughter you'd date her... creepy.

Nov 6, 2017
Did anyone notice that none of this started until after Hugh Hefner died? Now think about this real hard and you might start to see something in that detail, that is the fuel for the fires that need to burn Hollywood to the ground.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Even our president bragging on a bus about grab them by the _____. Saying that it was just locker room talk. Sorry it's never o.k. to grab a woman by the _____. That is sexual assault unless consensual. Also a little creepy to say if your daughter wasn't your daughter you'd date her... creepy.
Actually, he said they let him grab them.

Feb 7, 2015
Seems pretty obvious.
They sold out to gain riches and fame.
Now that the cat's out of the
bag, they want to help kill it.
In a lot of cases, I would say that is probably not too far from the truth.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
If a billionaire was interested in me, I might be tempted to let that person grab my junk.

This is why we best use pseudonyms online.

One day we'll look back at our posts and think,
"I hope nobody knows it was ME that said that."

: )

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
This is why we best use pseudonyms online.

One day we'll look back at our posts and think,
"I hope nobody knows it was ME that said that."

: )
I stand by every statement..... I'll make a terrible politician

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I heard that there were at least two other times in the past when a famous actress tried to get the word out but the magazine or newspaper refused to print the article.