She's drinking again...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
As some may know, my wife is an alcoholic. She has had her ups and downs as she struggles with her addiction. Got up this morning to get ready for church and she seemed a bit off, saying she doesn't feel up to going to church. I could tell she was drinking a good part of last night. And of course she lies about it. We sleep separately because of her problem, so I don't really know what she's up to all night unless I hear her fall on the floor. Please pray for her to be convicted of her sin and start being honest with me and more importantly with her God. Thank you my friends. Peace.

Nov 26, 2012
I'm sorry for your pain brother. Addiction is definitely a struggle for the addicted and the one cleaved to the addicted. May God increase your wisdom and patience when dealing with this issue. May His strength be sufficient for the both of you.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray for the wife of Didymus. Let you heal her spiritually and physically and lead on your ways. Father God please set her free from this drinking addiction and bless her lives. Lord let her understand her husband. Lord please bless her and you be glorified in her lives. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

M

Miri

Lord I prayer that this lady will be brought to an end of herself and that in
desperation she will cry out to you and seek permanent help.
Lord set her free from this addiction and the root of it, thank you that you are a God of second,
third, forth etc chances. Strengthen Dudymus also and give him the wisdom to deal with this.
Show him what to do I ask.

Didymus, my brother was an alcoholic, the booze took him to deaths door before he
got clean. Literally he was in a coma for 3 weeks due to the damage the drinking did
to his body. I prayer that your wife won't need to go that far, she will need to
get desperate though, desperate for change. Desperate to find a new way of doing life etc.

Sometimes (and I don't know your situation) it needs a real wake up call with the threat of
losing everything. Sometimes it needs a spouse to say let's have a bit of a break from
each other. I'm not talking about divorce, I just mean that the other person needs to see
how much their drinking is affecting not only them, but also the people they love, before
they some to their senses.

Alcoholics tend to become very selfish and they will lean heavily on others as it enables them
to continue to drink without taking any responsibility for their actions, sometimes you have to
force them to take responsibility and take away their leaning post.

God bless and I pray for the eyes and mind of your wife to be opened.

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
Thank you my friends for your prayers and encouragement. She's been carrying on like this for about ten years now- it's frustrating and it's caused a lot of problems. The biggest problem is her lack of respect for God and His authority. I wonder now if she is even saved- we were both saved in 1987 and served the Lord in ministry for many years. She's been through rehab twice and in jail once (DWI). She is estranged from the Lord, which is scary. Anyway, thank you all so much.

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear that, Didymus. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Please know that I’ll be praying for your wife, asking the Lord to draw her closer to Himself and to free her from the hold that alcohol has on her life. Have you tried talking to a counselor? It might be worth trying. Sending prayers & wishing you well!

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
Thank you, "mum"- yes I have tried to go with her to counseling but she won't have anything to do with that because she envisions the counselor and I both being right and her being wrong... She sees two people every month (a counselor and a psychologist) and I don't think it works at all. But thank you so much for your prayers- as I mentioned in another post I need to let God deal with her. Have a blessed day.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It is certainly heartbreaking to live with an alcoholic. Your wife is going to need divine deliverance from God to overcome this addiction that destroys lives. I have said a prayer for God to comfort you and to give you blessed assured hope that things will be better for you and your wife.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Nothing shall be impossible with God.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm so sorry for your's and her pain.

It's kind of a vicious cycle. We sin. We feel bad about disappointing God AGAIN, who is the ONLY cure. Which drives us to sin AGAIN, then feel guilty and NOT want to go to Church or approach Him. Then the cycle starts all over AGAIN.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal the Truth that she CANNOT deal with this without Him, and if she stumbles to continue seeking His forgiveness and then the true change can happen.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I pray God would deliver her away from this addiction before she hurts you, herself or someone else. Addiction is strong and it's hard to stop.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Lord, please deliver this woman from her addiction. Convince her to seek help for herself, and her marriage. Help her be honest with herself and her husband. In Jesus' name, amen.

S

Suzy4

Praying for your wife and you. I've known addicts in the past and it hurts to see someone go through that, they don't see that it also affects you as well as them. Your a good man to not give up on her.

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
Thank you, Suzy. At one time she was a Proberbs 31 wife and mother; so disappointing. My biggest fear is that I will come home from work and find her dead on the floor. I don't think anyone wants to be remembered that way.

Feb 7, 2017
Lord, I ask that she stops running away and faces her past and her future!! In Jesus name, show her her worth!! Amen

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
My dear friends, an update on my wife's drinking problem- A few days ago she fell on the floor in the middle of the night. She broke her ankle badly, in four places. Strangely the fall had nothing to do with her drinking and the fracture is due to a degenerative bone condition. After spending a few days in the hospital following reconstructive surgery she is home- no weight on the leg and she can't drive or go anywhere for at least six weeks. So even though the task is before me to care for her as she mends, we have six weeks of sobriety ahead of us. I am not about to say that God caused this injury but He certainly did allow it. Please continue praying for her during her extensive quiet moments- thank you, and to God be the glory!

S

Suzy4

Prayers for your wife during her recovery. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

K

kittycat7

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

student

Jul 20, 2010
My Father, dear man that he was, fell prey to alcohol. I prayed for his death to releive his suffering until the day, he looked over at me from across the room, where he now could not speak nor move. The HOly SPirit overwhelmed me and I prayed that he stay awhile that I might know him better. He died shortly after. It was a bitter sweet good bye. I loved him. He went through AA, but it didn't heal the pain. I went through the process and God came and fought for me. I quit drinking in 2010. She's in pain over something and you may need to help her find that something. Post scripture around the house and give God time with her. If she tears it down repost and don't give up on her. Love -student.

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
Student, thank you for sharing your story with me and anyone else on this blog who has a similar problem. God bless you my friend.